Trump Administration Proposes Expanding Hunting, Fishing @ 3 CO Wildlife Refuges

10 Apr 2020 18:38 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Video - Trump Administration Proposes Expanding Hunting And Fishing At 3 Wildlife Refuges In Colorado
CBS4, April 10, 2020

(CBS4) — The Trump Administration wants to expand hunting and fishing opportunities at 97 national wildlife refuges and nine national fish hatcheries — including three national wildlife refuges in Colorado and two in New Mexico. If approved, it would be the single largest expansion of hunting and fishing opportunities by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in history.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is seeking comments from the public on the proposed rule through June 8.

You may submit comments by one of the following methods:

Electronically: Go to the Federal eRulemaking Portal: www.regulations.gov . In the Search box, type in FWS-HQ-NWRS-2020-0013, which is the docket number for this rulemaking. Then, click on the Search button. On the resulting screen, find the correct document and submit a comment by clicking on “Comment Now!”

By hard copy: Submit by U.S. mail or hand delivery: Public Comments Processing, Attn: FWS-HQ-NWRS-2020-0013; U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; 5275 Leesburg Pike, MS: PRB/PERMA (JAO); Falls Church, VA 22041-3803.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2020 12:23 #2 by homeagain
I encourage EVERYONE to put a voice to this proposal....I just did....IT IS A FRIGGIN REFUGE

look up the meaning of the word......Colorado has ALREADY altered it's unique character and
we are becoming California....becoming,wrong word.....ARE. jmo

11 Apr 2020 13:27 #3 by FredHayek
I see no problem with this. The harvest limits will be determined by wildlife experts. Too often animals without enough natural predators will destroy wildlife refuges, or even worse, expand in population to such an extreme, that epidemics sweep through the refuge killing thousands more than the hunter who is only allowed three geese a day. This happened to Yellowstone. The Elk overgrazed the area. Their was also a major deer epidemic in the Grand Canyon after the deer population boomed without natural predators.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds