Attention Gardeners

31 Jul 2020 15:28 #1 by HappyCamper
PSA Announcement

Many may have heard on the news that people are receiving unsolicited seeds in the mail from China.

I am the Admin for a local gardening group on Facebook and today we had one of our members report that they got a seed packet

If you are in the areas that we allow in the group (we are trying to limit it so please answer the questions) please join and as I get updates I will post.

www.facebook.com/groups/COMountainGardenAltittude/

Anyone who receives an unsolicited package of seeds should immediately contact the Colorado Department of Agriculture’s Plant Industry Division at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and 303-548-5333 or the APHIS State plant health director.

303-869-9081

You may get voicemail and with the number of calls coming in they can’t keep up with it so the mailbox could be full but keep trying every few days the women I talked to said they are really trying to keep up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jul 2020 16:10 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Attention Gardeners
NOT on Facebook....what does the packet look like...a picture of mature plant,does it have English
directions on it...directions of how to grow...or is obviously from foreign country. Not received one,but
it would interesting to know about item. Brown paper wrapping,bubblewrap,envelope?:)

31 Jul 2020 16:18 #3 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Attention Gardeners
You can see some pictures on the local news websites there are no directions most I have seen are in a white plastic outer envelope with clear plastic packages for seed and the packing list has been labeled jewelry.

You are not to plant or throw them away until they know what they contain.

31 Jul 2020 16:20 - 31 Jul 2020 16:21 #4 by HappyCamper

31 Jul 2020 16:31 #5 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Attention Gardeners
THANKS, did not know about this...over here, "junk" mailings are dwindling....

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds