Woman bucked off horse after being chased by off-leash dog

21 Aug 2020 11:58 #1 by FriendsofStauntonStatePark
The last we checked, the most common ticket that was written by rangers at Staunton State Park was for off-leash dogs. We love seeing your pooches, and that they are getting out for exercise with you, but please keep them leashed at all times. We have equestrians who use the trails, people who bring alpacas, llamas, and donkeys to walk (or train!), and wildlife that can be stressed or killed by aggressive dogs. For everyone's safety, please leash your pets - we appreciate it!

Lakewood woman bucked off horse after being chased by off-leash dog

"LAKEWOOD, Colo. -- Jayne Sanders' clavicle is broken, so are five of her ribs - one of which punctured her lung. She's back in her Lakewood home following six days in the hospital after she was bucked off her horse. However, Sanders doesn't blame the horse, she blames the off-leash dog at Addenbrooke Park Horse Trail last Saturday.

She's been knocked off her horses before, always the same reason.

"I've come off the horse four times before this because of dogs off leash and every time the owner said, 'I didn’t think my dog would do that,'" Sanders said."

Friends of Staunton State Park's New Website!
Our Facebook Page
CPW's Page for Staunton State Park
Active park hours 6:00am-10:00pm
Park Phone: 303-816-0912
Mission Statement:
Our mission is working in partnership with others to preserve, promote, and protect the wildlife, natural beauty and historic legacy of Staunton State Park for current and future generations.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds