The Avengers: Age of Ultron

23 Jul 2014 09:48 #1 by ScienceChic
Just ran across this news, have no idea how I missed it earlier - James Spader, one of my all-time favorite actors, will be playing Ultron! Whoo-hoo!

James Spader Will Be Ultron In The Sequel To "The Avengers," And Joss Whedon Is "Mad Thrilled"
UPDATED with Joss Whedon’s reaction.
posted on Aug. 29, 2013
Adam B. Vary

Spader has made a career out of playing an eccentric oddball who is so much smarter than everyone else that he can barely condescend to be in the same room with them.

Ultron, in the Marvel comics at least, is a robot entity so intelligent and powerful that he decides all of humanity needs to be wiped out, which is sort of the ultimate in condescension.

So one at least on that level, Spader’s casting makes a lot of sense.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jul 2014 09:57 - 23 Jul 2014 18:42 #2 by Blazer Bob
Can't help myself, even if they are obsolete.

[/video]

Why doen't this show up when I do the vid thing around it?

23 Jul 2014 11:01 #3 by ScienceChic
You have to remove the 's' from the URL after 'http'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

You can also just enter the unique video ID to post it too (in the above link, it's o-GmH8eFJFU - everything after the 'watch?v=') - the tutorial is here !

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Jul 2014 13:30 #4 by FredHayek
Wrong Avengers? But I do like them more. Good to see Mrs. Peel now in GOT as the ultimate scheme queen & murderess.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Jul 2014 20:20 #5 by ScienceChic

Attachments:

24 Oct 2014 17:14 #6 by ScienceChic
I wouldn't really say that it's ten "huge" reveals, but hearing Ultron/James Spader's voice gave me the chills. #cantwait! :captamerica

10 Huge Reveals From the 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Leak
By Josh Dickey
1 day ago

LOS ANGELES — The Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer was supposed to debut during next week's episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but on Wednesday afternoon, a dark and shadowy force had a different, more accelerated agenda.

Yep, the trailer leaked — now who would do a thing like that? — and Disney/Marvel's response was to release it almost immediately thereafter. Whether this was a highly orchestrated PR move or a swiftly and well-played response to leaky trolls no longer matters, because either way, that first trailer is here, and it brings a host of new details about the Avengers sequel.

Though this is the first trailer, we've seen and read an awful lot about Joss Whedon's follow-up to the first and only movie to ever open over $200 million at the U.S. box office. But it was still laced with a host of revelations.

And here they are:

Head over to the article if you'd like to see; don't if you want to stay surprised. :)

26 Feb 2015 13:17 #7 by ScienceChic
:yess: I love all 3 of these characters, this is gonna be fun!

Anthony Mackie, Hayley Atwell, Idris Elba Confirmed For Avengers: Age of Ultron
By Jamie Lovett
02/24/2015

Mackie, who plays the Falcon, has been rumored to appear at the end of the film as part of a new team of Avengers led by Captain America, leading into Captain America: Civil War. It seems unlike Marvel to spoil that big reveal so early, so it’s possible that this means the Falcon will appear during the main story of the film, if only briefly.

Whether [Atwell] will appear in a flashback scene, or if this confirms certain fan theories about time travel in Avengers: Age of Ultron, remains to be seen.

Oh this doesn't bode well for our beloved characters when Joss Whedon says something like this. Who's going to die in this one?
'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Writer-Director Joss Whedon on the Film's 'Completely Unhinged' Finale
Tom Butler
February 26, 2015

If you thought the New York-levelling finale of The Avengers was huge, Joss Whedon says you ain’t seen nothing yet, promising an even more epic climax in the forthcoming sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron.

“I didn’t mean for it to get larger, but the climax that I pitched was completely unhinged and nobody said no, so that’s that.”

Joss Whedon Talks Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Interview by Chris Hewitt
Exclusive on-set interview with the writer-director

04 Mar 2015 20:11 #8 by ScienceChic
Trailer #3 dropped today...
<happy dance>

20 Mar 2015 08:30 #9 by ScienceChic
:drool: Even more new footage!

28 Mar 2015 21:38 #10 by ScienceChic

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds