The Avengers: Age of Ultron

06 Apr 2015 22:23 #11 by ScienceChic
Final trailer!

Behind the scenes featurette:

If anyone is interested in joining us, we're having a Girls Night Out to see the first showing April 30th at 7pm, at Colorado Mills IMAX! You can get tickets on fandango.com now.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2015 05:40 #12 by FredHayek
Saw the trailer Saturday. So it is Stark's fault? Bad Tony!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Apr 2015 17:07 - 09 Apr 2015 09:35 #13 by ScienceChic
Oh yes. Tony tried to create a program to protect the world and it became sentient. Then decided that the planet's worst infestation was humans. Of course.

What he does in the upcoming Captain America movies is even worse (if you don't know the story line and want to stay in the dark, assuming they follow the comics, don't Google it).

This news made me sad:
Avengers: Age of Ultron won't have a post-credit scene, Joss Whedon says
Also, Captain Marvel will not be introduced in the May 1 superhero team-up
by Anthony Breznican
April 7 2015

Writer-director Joss Whedon says there won’t be a post-credits scene in Ultron because he felt there was no way to top the post-battle shawarma scene from the last one. “We all came at it separately—we don’t want to chase that,” Whedon says. “That was a jewel and a weird little quirk. “

“There will be a tag,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige clarifies. That is, there will be a short, epilogue-like scene that pops up shortly after the credits start. “But there’s not a post-post-credit scene.”

“There is nothing at the very end. And that’s not a fake-out,” Whedon says. “We want people to know so they don’t sit there for 10 minutes and then go: ‘Son of a bitch! I’ll kill them!’”

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Apr 2015 09:34 #14 by ScienceChic
T minus 21 days and counting!!!!!! :yess:

The Avengers Go Global in New "Avengers: Age of Ultron" Featurette
Meagan Damore, Assistant Editor
April 7, 2015

14 Apr 2015 17:56 #15 by ScienceChic
We've got quite the group together for Girls Night Out and there are still tickets available if anyone wants to join us! The Fandango link is www.fandango.com/avengers:ageofultron_15...ngo%20avengers|pmt|e

Watch the Avengers Bow Down to Robert Downey Jr. at the MTV Movie Awards
by Joanna Robinson
April 13, 2015

Robert Downey Jr. won MTV Movie Awards’ Generation trophy on Sunday but he didn’t have to celebrate alone. His Avengers co-stars Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, and Scarlett Johansson all assembled to present the award and Downey certainly made the most of it.

But the actor, who has been very public about the ups and downs of his career, also took the opportunity to get a little serious saying,

In the 34 years that have passed since the birth of MTV, I’ve grown up, I’ve struggled, I’ve failed. I’ve partied way too much. I begged for second chances and literally clawed my way to the top.

Downey then addressed his fellow Avengers ordering, “Everyone take a knee!” And what Tony Stark wants, Tony Stark gets.

They gifted us with one more extended scenes clip too!

15 Apr 2015 07:14 #16 by RenegadeCJ
The team competes on Avengers Family Fued!!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

30 Apr 2015 18:37 #17 by ScienceChic
They gave out really cool posters to us as we came in, they're glossy and raised print.

Waiting impatiently for it to start! :)

Attachments:

30 Apr 2015 19:31 #18 by FredHayek
Going Saturday morning. Cool that you got freebies!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 May 2015 06:04 #19 by RenegadeCJ
We are going saturday morning as well. I'm sure no freebies for the slackers like us! Opening night movies don't work for my early mornings anymore!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

01 May 2015 14:48 #20 by ScienceChic
Without giving away too many spoilers (we can discuss it further detail once y'all have seen it), my review (or you can wait to scroll down :coolwink: and read before watching):

It was incredible! Joss Whedon is a god, that's all there is to it. Not a single dull moment (the 2hrs 40 min flew by), it felt like every character got equal screen time and nothing/no plot line or device was forced, even the cameos fit in perfectly (though I missed Pepper & Jane, wish they could've been worked in, but I know it would've been gratuitous so I'm happy they at least discussed them the way they did - more Joss humor and promoting those strong female characters!).

The action - intense! Whedon wasn't kidding when he said the final fight scene would inspire "oh my god" thoughts.

The camaraderie: so much fun.
Acting: spot on.
Scenery: superb.

The reveal about where Hawkeye goes in his off-time: totally didn't see that coming & loved it. He's the one regular-guy Avenger, it so fit.

The romance between Natasha & Bruce Banner: made complete sense why it would develop on her part, loved how she pushed it along, his cluelessness, & completely expected the ending.

The one character death: also didn't see that coming & per Whedon's usual M.O. it was gut-wrenching (I involuntarily covered my mouth and called out "Oh no" when it happened, as did others in the theater).

Vision: awesome!!! Can't believe they put an Infinity Stone in him & he still exists, but...okay?

Mid-credits scene/reveal: nothing unexpected, but that's because I know what movies are coming up & possible plot developments. Looking forward to the Avengers going head-to-head with Thanos (and not, cuz I'm positive Thor will bite it in that one if he makes it through Thor: Ragnorak).

3D IMAX: not sure it was worth it. Next time I go, I'll see the standard version. I have to say though that the Preview for Jurassic Park in 3D was f'in awesome! (So much more so than the 3D Star Wars preview). It convinced me to go watch that 3D, if I make it to the theater for it. Also got to see previews for the next Bond (Spectre), Batman vs Superman (looking very dark - me likey), Fantastic Four (still nothing compelling me to have to see it), and Tomorrowland (nice action, but again, nothing compelling).

The best part: getting to do something fun, not work-related at all, with some fabulous ladies! So marvelous!!

I read this review below after I wrote mine, and it's pretty much a longer explanation of my summary, definitely more plot described so don't read if you want to stay uninformed before going to see it.

Review: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON…Whew!
Posted by Kyle Anderson on April 30, 2015

Joss Whedon is clearly an insane person. It was a crazy enough prospect to be the one charged with bringing together characters from five different movies, give them all enough to do and enough development and jokes and action, but he also had to make that movie coherent, cohesive, and, above all, fun. 2012’s The Avengers needed only to work, but the fact that it worked so well, and to such a degree, makes future outings an even harder challenge. How do you top one of the biggest and most popular movies ever made? And, it had to be Whedon himself who did it, which presented him with a whole new batch of writerly and directorly roadblocks. How do you do justice to all these characters AGAIN, while adding four brand new characters, heavily featuring several others, and still make a story that will be exciting and fist-pumping… AGAIN? Well, dammit, Avengers: Age of Ultron managed to do it all again, but in a different, more grown-up way. Whedon might be a supervillain.

This is a movie that isn’t as carefree or outwardly jubilant as the first Avengers because it’s all about aftermath, worsening threats, and fears of inadequacies. Some heavy stuff, but themes that have always been present in the Avengers comics and touched on ever so briefly in the first one. This is a movie where we get to see the inner demons of all of our characters come to the forefront, and we see how difficult relationships can be, even among the superpowered among us. You know, this is Joss’ bread and butter, and it exemplifies what Marvel has always done, which is make the superhuman more human.

Two people commented on the Facebook post of this review that they felt "the romantic plot seemed forced. Also: Of course, the only female lead character had to be given a romance. Yup."

I had to reply with this comment:
"I disagree about feeling that the romance was forced. This is Black Widow's what, 4th time, on screen in these films and there's been no romance to date. After all the time she's spent with her teammates, it makes sense that feelings would develop, and Banner was perfect for her. She would be attracted to only someone highly intelligent, and that she doesn't want a fighter because she struggles with her past & how she was created into one herself fits perfectly.

That Joss wrote it that she pursues him, pushes Banner to consider something more, and gives her the traditionally male role (yet another hallmark of his reputation for creating strong female characters & pushing the typical Hollywood stereotypes out the 35th story window), not only makes sense but felt right. Banner's reaction to the idea also makes sense - he doesn't trust himself, his choice at the end was completely expected."

More reviews, WITH SPOILERS (and language, fyi):

Harry kinda loses his fool mind over the Vision in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON!!!
Published at: April 28, 2015, 6:32 a.m. CST by headgeek

Capone loves AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON most when it's allowed to be its own film!!!
Published at: May 1, 2015, 1:08 a.m. CST by Capone

Nordling Reviews AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON!
Published at: April 28, 2015, 8:22 p.m. CST by Nordling

Can't wait to hear what you guys think of it!

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds