X-Files Returns!

24 Mar 2015 11:40 #1 by FredHayek
X-Files Returns! was created by FredHayek
Fox TV is bringing back the classic TV show for six more episodes. It will be interesting to see what it will be about. Where are Fox & Mulder now? Will it be a monster show, or will it be mainly about conspiracies? :missing:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Mar 2015 13:32 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic X-Files Returns!
A friend of mine told me about this yesterday. What can they possibly cover in only 6 episodes? Is their goal to gauge interest in it and determine if they should bring it back, do they want to make a glorified mini-TV movie, or are the networks that hard up for show ideas?

They pretty much ruined the show for me by the end so I don't have much interest in this at all. Perhaps some good trailers can change my mind.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Mar 2015 14:21 - 31 Mar 2015 20:46 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic X-Files Returns!
Agree. I don't think I watched the last two years and only saw one of the movies. I think they are testing the waters with this limited run. Enough interest and it will come back. Limited run series seem to be the new trend, you can get bigger stars when they have to commit to only a few episodes, and the writing tends to be better when you only need 6 scripts instead of 22. Will the censors make Cigarette Smoking Man trade in his Marlboro's for Nicorette gum?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds