Clarkson's Farm

10 Jul 2021 10:03 #1 by FredHayek
Clarkson's Farm was created by FredHayek
Featured on Amazon. Normally I detest reality TV. Fake drama, unscripted moments that are actually scripted, but I did like this miniseries. A pompous multimillionaire decides he wants to escape London and be a farmer in the UK during the pandemic. Used to being rich and powerful, he finds himself humbled by weather, country people who are quite good at their jobs, and also the cruelty of nature. He can't stop the rains from drenching his crops, or the sun from baking them, or he can't prevent fox and disease from ravaging his chickens and sheep. Not a perfect show, but I think it does help show the world how tough farming is.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2021 11:05 - 10 Jul 2021 12:35 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Clarkson's Farm
Farming/ranching is a dying culture,BECAUSE the average American has NO clue where,what, how their
food comes to them (pre chopped,pre cut, prepared and package is all they know)....NO THOUGHT to
the laborious undertaking to feed AMERICA. (INDUSTRIAL FARMING has replaced the "art")

(and yes,I know from personal experience,my family history was establishing ranches on the western slope
(Collbran,Molina,DeBeque) in the late 1800's early 1900's.). I worked on the ranch in Collbran during hay
season and helped herd cattle to and from summer range in Maroon Bells. (THAT was a very long time ago)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds