Local Foothills Weather Forecasts

10 Jun 2015 10:06 #1 by Chief Meteorologist

My Mountain Town Weather

From Meteorologist Steve Hamilton
Morrison | Conifer | Evergreen |  Pine | Bailey | Fairplay | Jefferson-Como | Alma | Lake George & Guffey | Hartsel

Mild Weekend With A Few Showers Or Thunderstorms...

High pressure in the upper levels of the atmosphere will move over Colorado on Friday. That system has warm and dry air with it, so things will warm
up a little bit for the Foothills. Other than a few clouds, skies will stay mostly sunny with only very slight rain chances. The ridge will start to move
east on Friday evening. On the back side of the high, wind may get a little gusty for us. Next up, a low pressure trough and cold front will start to
move our way on Saturday. That will increase the dew points a bit, bringing in a little bit of moist air. With daytime heating and pre-frontal lifting,
that should be enough to get scattered thunderstorms or showers going Saturday afternoon and into the evening. The cold front crosses Colorado
late Saturday night bring the mostly fair weather back for Sunday, and rain chances will be low again through Monday. A little more precipitation is
possible by next Tuesday and Wednesday, with another low set to move in from the Southwest.

Morrison

Friday: Sunny and breezy. High: Low to mid 80s.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. Low: 50.

Saturday: Sunny in the morning. Scattered afternoon thunderstorms. Breezy. High: Mid 70s.

Saturday Night: A few showers in the evening, then just cloudy. Low: 50.

Sunday: An afternoon shower or thunderstorm possible. Mostly sunny. High: Upper 70s to low 80s.

Conifer

Friday: Sunny and breezy. High: 70.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. Low: 40.

Saturday: Turning cloudy. Scattered afternoon showers or thunderstorms. Breezy. High: Mid 60s.

Saturday Night: A few evening showers or thunderstorms possible. Low: 40.

Sunday: Mix of sun and clouds. Slight chance of an afternoon shower. High: Mid to upper 60s.

Evergreen

Friday: Sunny and a little breezy. High: Mid 70s.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. Low: Mid 40s.

Saturday: Partly cloudy. Scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Breezy. High: Upper 60s.

Saturday Night: A few evening showers, and breezy. Low: Mid 40s.

Sunday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. High 70.

Pine

Friday: Sunny and breezy. High: Mid 70s.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. Low: Mid 40s.

Saturday: Turning cloudy. Scattered afternoon showers or thunderstorms. Breezy. High: Upper 60s.

Saturday Night: A few evening showers, then just cloudy. Low: Mid 40s.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 71. Breezy.

Bailey

Friday: Partly sunny and breezy. High: Lower 70s.

Friday Night: Mostly clear and breezy. Low: Lower 40s.

Saturday: Sunny in the morning. Scattered afternoon thunderstorms or showers. Breezy. High: Upper 60s.

Saturday Night: A few evening showers possible. Low: Lower 40s.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 68. Breezy.

Fairplay

Friday: Sunny and breezy. High: Upper 50s.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. Low: Mid 30s.

Saturday: A few afternoon showers or thunderstorms possible. Windy. High: Mid 50s.

Saturday Night: Scattered showers, and breezy. Low: Mid 30s.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 55. Windy.

Como And Jefferson

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 59. West wind 6 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear and breezy. Low: Mid 30s.

Saturday: Sunny in the morning. Scattered afternoon thunderstorms or showers. High: Upper 50s.

Saturday Night: Cloudy. Scattered showers. Breezy. Low: Mid 30s.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 56. Breezy.

Alma

Friday: Sunny and breezy. High: Mid 50s.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. Low: Lower 30s.

Saturday: Fair in the morning. Scattered afternoon thunderstorms. Windy. Lower 50s.

Saturday Night: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Windy. Low: Lower 30s.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 53. Breezy.

Lake George And Guffey

Friday: Sunny and breezy. High: 70.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. Low: Mid 30s.

Saturday: Turning cloudy. Afternoon thunderstorms or showers possible. High: Upper 60s. Breezy.

Saturday Night: Scattered showers and afternoon thunderstorms. Low: Upper 30s.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 70. Breezy.

Hartsel

Friday: Sunny and breezy. High: Mid 60s.

Friday Night: Mostly clear. Low: Mid 30s. Breezy.

Saturday: Turning cloudy. Scattered afternoon thunderstorms, and windy. High: Mid 60s.

Saturday Night: Cloudy and windy. Upper 30s.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 63. Windy.

FB 3 28 2017Steve Hamiltonis a meteorologist based in Denver. He is certified by the American Meteorological Society and the National Weather Association. Steve embraced meteorology at age nine, when Hurricane Agnes roared across his home town in New Jersey. He moved to Denver, Colorado with his family in 1979, graduating from Columbine High School in Littleton in 1980. Steve has a BS in Mass Media from Colorado State University. In 2009 he obtained a Certificate of Meteorology from Mississippi State University, and a certification from the American Meteorological Society. He is continuing his education remotely through Penn State University. He is a lead meteorologist for The Storm Report, Inc., delivering daily weather forecasts via radio, and digital media.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2015 12:55 - 22 Jun 2015 13:01 #2 by HappyCamper
This is great I am so glad to know we have our own Meteorologist.

Maybe he can tell me when it will rain in Bailey so the pine pollen will go away. People tell me I live in the banana belt but have yet to see a banana tree :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyMountainTown

22 Jun 2015 13:31 #3 by NeutralGuy
So, where will the forecasts be posted in this forum or on a special page?

Storm chasers fascinate me maybe you could share some of the photos you get or maybe videos!

22 Jun 2015 14:02 #4 by ScienceChic
Great question NeutralGuy! Steve will be posting his forecasts on our new Super Local Weather Forecasts page here: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic/super-local-weather which can be found in the drop-down menu that opens up when you click on Weather & Traffic in the menu across the very top of the page (or you can bookmark it!).

I too would love to see some photos and/or video while storm-chasing!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Jun 2015 14:54 #5 by FredHayek
Welcome aboard! (pun intended.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

22 Jun 2015 17:15 - 22 Jun 2015 17:15 #6 by HappyCamper
I have a real question...Where in Bailey is the temp reading coming from?

I am only asking as it says 73 right now and both my manual and digital thermometer are saying 80 they are on the back side of the house so the sun is not hitting them.

This is mostly a curiosity thing I know temps can be different depending on altitude and all that.

22 Jun 2015 18:14 #7 by ScienceChic
Do you mean the current temp that is displayed on the left-hand side of the Home & weather pages? If so, that's from Weather Underground; I have no idea where they measure it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Jun 2015 18:44 #8 by HappyCamper
Yes, that was what I was looking at and that is good to hear Weatherunderground as that is what I typically use seems to be the closest.

29 Jun 2015 08:29 #9 by jf1acai
According to my calendar, the week of June 22 is past. What happened to the forecasts? ;)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Jun 2015 12:57 #10 by ScienceChic
Unfortunately, Steve had some family health stuff come up. If everyone could send good positive healing thoughts to his family, it would be much appreciated. He's hoping to start this week, but I told him to not worry as family comes first. I'll keep you posted when he's ready! Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds