First Post on the New Site!!

28 Jun 2014 06:33 #21 by pacamom
how come I can't delete my posts anymore? The ones that there has been no reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2014 06:53 #22 by Blazer Bob
what happens if I click the favorite btn?

28 Jun 2014 07:16 - 28 Jun 2014 07:18 #23 by ScienceChic
I'm not sure what the little x is at the top - I saw that and wondered myself. I'll ask when the developer and I get back to work today (have menus to re-build and a Help page to set up).

Not being able to delete posts: EM discovered this last evening as well. Short answer is, it's just a setting we have to change in the back end b/c we didn't realize it was set that way - thanks for testing it and finding that one!

Favorite button: it's like bookmarking your favorite threads in your browser, which you won't have to do anymore b/c now you can do it here! We have to turn on the button yet is all that will allow you to search those threads that you've selected as your favorite. Cool, huh?!

Subscribe: same as deleting a post, it's a setting we just need to change in the back end. I not only have new stuff on the front end to learn, but an entirely new back end admin set-up to learn as well. Please bear with me as it'll take me a little while (thankfully, it's a LOT easier than phpBB's back end - that was just a hot mess).

Something I would like to mention are that any threads we imported that were polls crashed the system so we were unable to import them. Any threads that had polls before have lost those polls (like the Beauprez thread I recently started in the Courthouse). The rest of the thread is intact, just the voting is gone. My apologies if you had a favorite poll that is now lost.

Also of note is that the Foe/Ignore function is no longer available. That was a feature that was unique to phpBB and not available for us.

Please keep testing the old and new features and letting us know of issues - we appreciate it!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Jun 2014 07:58 #24 by Blazer Bob
BTW, my pm box seems to be intact. I did nothing to preserve, archive or copy them.

28 Jun 2014 08:20 #25 by Blondie
Is there gong to be a "back to top" button?

28 Jun 2014 09:25 - 28 Jun 2014 09:35 #26 by Mtn Gramma
There is no differentiation between threads I've read and new threads. Do I have to keep track of when I was last on line and go from there?

Also, we could hide our online status before but I can't find how to do that now. Not a biggie, but would like to know.

28 Jun 2014 09:31 #27 by pacamom
Can you explain the 'favorite' a little more? If we click on that in a bunch of topics, then does a new button appear in the top menu that says 'favorites' and only those topics we have checked as favorites will appear? And what do you mean that you can search just favorites? Do we have to check everything as a favorite in order to use the search function?

I have never actually bookmarked any topics so I doubt I will use favorites, but maybe if I understood it better.

28 Jun 2014 14:27 #28 by BuyersAgent
You've probably already told us, but what happens if I hit Thank You?

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mtn Gramma

28 Jun 2014 14:28 - 28 Jun 2014 14:30 #29 by Mtn Gramma
I hit Thank You and it shows up under the post (but attached to) I'm thanking you for. Easy to miss. Also shows up on the left under your name.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BuyersAgent

28 Jun 2014 14:30 #30 by BuyersAgent
Thank you, it worked!

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds