First Post on the New Site!!

28 Jun 2014 14:31 - 28 Jun 2014 14:36 #31 by BuyersAgent
Now....about that Akashic record.... ;) Is there a Karma Reset? If not, let's take note of these first days during which we have absolutely no Karma at all. :)

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2014 16:03 #32 by Blondie
I found the back to top button, it is a little up arrow under the last post
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

28 Jun 2014 18:01 - 28 Jun 2014 18:03 #33 by ScienceChic
An update:
The little x that shows up at the top corner is for closing messages that pop up after you do something, like give Karma, Favorite a post, etc.

The PMs since we upgraded to MyMountainTown last July are still here; it's the ones form before then that weren't migrated with this update.

pacamom wrote: how come I can't delete my posts anymore? The ones that there has been no reply.

Fixed (I think). :side:

pacamom wrote: Can the subscribe button be defaulted to 'not checked'?

Also changed, I hope. Please let me know if otherwise. I get many email notifications, and it's not always easy to tell if it's because I Subscribed, or if I'm getting an Admin alert.

MtnGramma wrote: There is no differentiation between threads I've read and new threads. Do I have to keep track of when I was last on line and go from there?

Also, we could hide our online status before but I can't find how to do that now. Not a biggie, but would like to know.

We have a few buttons to turn on yet, including View Posts Since Last Visit, and View Favorites. The developer crashed the site working on profiles this morning and discovered a big issue in the back end with them that became priority to fix instead. Sorry for the delay.

As for hiding online status, that used to be in the User Control Panel and I was hoping it would move to our Profile Page Settings and I can't find it. Still hunting it down, I'll let you know!

pacamom wrote: Can you explain the 'favorite' a little more? If we click on that in a bunch of topics, then does a new button appear in the top menu that says 'favorites' and only those topics we have checked as favorites will appear? And what do you mean that you can search just favorites? Do we have to check everything as a favorite in order to use the search function?

I have never actually bookmarked any topics so I doubt I will use favorites, but maybe if I understood it better.

Marking a thread as a Favorite is exactly like making a post a Favorite in Twitter - it allows you to quickly and easily find them later without having to do a search or bookmark them in your browser. Once we get the button turned on, you'll be able to click "My Favorites" and see a list of threads you've marked as such.

When you click "Favorite", it shows a golden star next to the title in the forum thread list so you know you've chosen it as such. You can Un-Favorite a thread too.

ColoradoKathy wrote: You've probably already told us, but what happens if I hit Thank You?

I know there's already been some answers to this, but I wanted to mention that I've started a quick tutorial thread to highlight new features like this! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

28 Jun 2014 19:46 #34 by jf1acai

MtnGramma wrote: There is no differentiation between threads I've read and new threads. Do I have to keep track of when I was last on line and go from there?

The recent topics selection shows the number of new posts after the topic header. I haven't determined exactly what that is based upon, and don't know if it shows up in other selections, but it is something to play with for this. :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

29 Jun 2014 01:07 #35 by ThePetParent
what is a lengend? Did you mean Legend?

29 Jun 2014 08:56 #36 by ScienceChic
Yes, we'd misspelled Legend for member titles and jf1 was having some fun with us. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Jun 2014 18:31 #37 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic First Post on the New Site!!
Where is my Avatar? I forgot what it was, but it was way cool. THATS IT!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

29 Jun 2014 18:58 #38 by otisptoadwater
Speaking of avatars... I downloaded a new one that happens to be an animated .GIF but the animation doesn't work as an avatar.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

29 Jun 2014 20:07 #39 by BuyersAgent
Hope you can make it work, Otis, it's adorable.

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046
The following user(s) said Thank You: otisptoadwater

29 Jun 2014 20:32 #40 by jf1acai
Just noticed we now have actual date/time instead of elapsed time on posts, THANK YOU!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds