First Post on the New Site!!

29 Jun 2014 20:53 #41 by pacamom

LOL wrote: Where is my Avatar? I forgot what it was, but it was way cool. THATS IT!

Shakespeare with sunglasses?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2014 18:56 - 30 Jun 2014 18:59 #42 by ScienceChic
Sorry, we're having issues with the avatars and are working on fixing them.

Read/Unread Posts: the Category Icons change from Orange (Unread Topics in that forum) to Green if you go in and read the new threads/posts. You can Mark them as All Read (or do it by Category/Forum) if you like with the button just above The Highway:

You can also Click on the Recent Topics Button, then underneath the Announcement, click on the Drop-down menu and Select "Since Last Visit (or 4, 8, 12, 24, 48 Hours, Week, Month, or Year) to narrow the search parameter. You can also select whether you want that to include the entire board, or just certain Categories/Forums.

Favorites: So, I was explaining it wrong it turns out. I thought that you would be able to search for your Favorites with a button like "Recent Posts", but apparently you can't. All it does is put the Yellow Star next to the title so if you are looking at Recent Topics, for example, you can look for that symbol to let you know you were keeping an eye on that topic so that you don't have to Subscribe to it and get an email alert. It's a passive method to track a topic (I hope they update that feature with future versions to make it searchable like it is in Twitter).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

30 Jun 2014 20:20 #43 by otisptoadwater

ScienceChic wrote: Sorry, we're having issues with the avatars and are working on fixing them.

:sarcasm: Hang on just one Manhattan Microsecond! I'm paying good money for... Oh wait, I don't pay a dime to use and abuse this site every day. (In my best Emily Litella voice) In that case, never mind...

SC, thanks for all you are doing to bring the next iteration of mymountaintown.com in to production! My hat is off to you and your developer(s) for your hard work and willingness to accommodate your users requests!

:sarcasm: In the meanwhile get off your duff and get a sarcasm font and some animated .gif avatars working on this site PRONTO!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

30 Jun 2014 21:26 #44 by ScienceChic
Yes Sir! B) I started uploading some new emoticons today - didja notice the Like, Dislike, Barbecue, Beach, and Camping ones? Unfortunately, I can't find yet where to display more emoticons, so we're limited to 20-ish if/when I can figure out showing more. The good news is that it seems that if I upload them, even if they aren't displayed, the bbcode will still work (for example if I type
:idea:
then the :idea: emoticon is put in even if it's not above). I'll keep working on adding some of our favorites and start a thread with the codes so you know what to use for your favorites. We definitely need some 4th of July ones up!

:sarcasm: Just for you, I have spent precious seconds uploading some
:sarcasm:
You're welcome. Donations always appreciated. LOL :lol:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: otisptoadwater, LOL

30 Jun 2014 22:28 - 30 Jun 2014 22:28 #45 by BuyersAgent
Thanks, I do appreciate good sarcasm and fondly recall the bi-line of someone (I'm sorry that I don't remember who) on Pinecam, which read, "National Sarcasm Society -- Like we need your support."

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

30 Jun 2014 22:44 #46 by Mtn Gramma
I get the orange or green forum markers on the index page, but once I'm in the forum, like Campfire, etc., the only indicator I'm getting is the tiny writing at the end of the thread title. In the old format there was an orange bell or some such next to each thread indicating there were new posts. Is that scheduled to happen or do I need to look for the tiny type?

I really do appreciate all you're doing to upgrade the site.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds