× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

12 Dec 2019 17:42 #591 by freebird
Thanks to you both.

Not complaining about the set-up...just caught me by surprise. Thought we'd be done after next weekend.

I'm assuming the tie breaker of points means "points for". No need to reply if my understanding is correct, but if it's not just let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Dec 2019 05:55 #592 by RenegadeCJ
Yes, tiebreaker would be "points for". Hopefully it works out for the best team to win!

Good luck all.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

17 Dec 2019 15:56 - 17 Dec 2019 15:56 #593 by RenegadeCJ
Results are in from the first 2 week playoff.

League A

Bronco Bunch 225 total points
vs Red Crush 193 Total Points

Team Boyd 212 Total Points
vs
Team Freebird 249 total Points

Next 2 weeks Bronco Bunch vs. Freebird for the Championship of league A

League B
Arlo's Army 189 total points
vs
Punkrockgirl 247 total points

Your Dreams Pappy 202 total points
vs
PineNuts 172 total Points

Next 2 weeks: Punkrockgirl vs. Your Dreams Pappy for the championship of league B

League C
Diggergirl 177 total points
vs
DCVR Ike Diesel 276 total points (and has Lamar Jackson)

Bailey Happy Camper 221 total points
vs
KBs Kakery Dorothys Tamale 181 total points

Next 2 weeks: DCVR Ike Diesel (and the Jackson wrecking machine) vs. Bailey Happy Camper

Good luck all!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic, HappyCamper

17 Dec 2019 17:00 #594 by ScienceChic
:lombardi:
Good luck everyone!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Dec 2019 05:28 #595 by RenegadeCJ
Congratulations to the Winners of the MMT Fantasy Football Season 7

League A
Winner-FREEBIRD!!!
Bronco Bunch 219.4 vs. Freebird 244.2 points

League B
Winner-PUNKROCKGIRL!!!
Your Dreams Pappy 209.1 points vs. Punkrockgirl 229.7 Points

League C
Winner-DCVR IKE DIESEL!!!
Bailey Happy Camper 228.6 Points vs. DCVR Ike Diesel 253.5 Points

30 Dec 2019 05:29 #596 by RenegadeCJ
While we are on the topic....are there any rules we want to change for next year, while this year is fresh in our minds?

Playoff system-do we want to go with just 1 week per game? Do we broaden the playoffs so the top 8 go in? Other thoughts?

30 Dec 2019 11:10 #597 by ScienceChic
Congratulations Freebird, PunkRockGirl, and DCVR Ike Diesel!
Please send me an email with your choice of $125 in gift certificate(s) from our advertisers, and an address to which I can mail them! This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Current choices include:
American Restoration (need a new deck or other home project done?)
Applicable Counseling with Dr. Mike Brooks
Brooks Place Tavern
Colorado Serenity Magazine - advertising
Colorado Taekwondo Institute
Evergreen Newspapers - advertising
Friends of Staunton State Park/Staunton State Park (FOSSP membership or an annual pass perhaps?)
Glen Isle Resort
i9 Sports
Intermountain Humane Society
Kathryn L. Carlson Homes
Kayla Maathuis, RE/MAX
Little Britches Boutique/Haley's Closet
Matt Metcalf, Mile High Home Pro
Moore Lumber & Hardware
Nancy Staub, State Farm Insurance
Jeanie Boymel, New York Life
Salado Restaurant
Sally Ball, Keller Williams Foothills Realty
Score Foothills - advertising
Social Media Maiden - advertising
ToMM TV - advertising
Trang Janick, RISE Property

Or, we can donate to any area nonprofit on your behalf!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Dec 2019 11:16 #598 by ScienceChic
Regarding rule changes, I kinda liked the playoff games being averaged over a two week matchup. I don't think going up to 8 in the playoffs is a good idea. I'm okay with what everyone else would like for scoring during the season, but can we get rid of TEs as a specific roster spot? They can be part of a WR/RB/TE flex option, but having to have a TE on my roster each week annoys me. Maybe it's just me? :P

18 Aug 2020 20:53 #599 by Ndshriver
We playing this year?

20 Aug 2020 11:26 #600 by ScienceChic
I personally was thinking it would be too difficult to try and do because, like baseball, I foresee players testing positive for COVID-19 and entire games having to be canceled or postponed (how do you set a lineup when some/several of your players are suddenly unavailable for a few weeks?), and the season being a hot mess; but, I'm open to finding out what everyone else who's played thinks. If there are enough who are game, we could maybe give it a shot?

Thoughts my fellow FF players?

Time to create page: 0.611 seconds