× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

20 Aug 2020 11:30 #601 by Ndshriver
I know a few platforms are setting up IR to include covid, with a lot more spaces on IR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2020 20:18 #602 by HappyCamper
Well Quadman and I are willing to give it a go if others want to but makes no difference to us so much of what we do is not happening.

20 Aug 2020 20:20 #603 by HappyCamper
I will say if it is decided to go forward we don't want to max the leagues out so we can pick up players if we need to.

08 Sep 2020 09:01 #604 by Hot Chile
I guess I'm a little late to this thread, sorta forgot about it since I was having a hard time getting psyched up for the quasi-season.

My other leagues have done a variety of things:

1) Cancelled
2) Draft as Normal
3) Changed to DFS format.

If there's any interest in going ahead with this league this year, I'd suggest a small (10 max) team base and a deeper bench. I forget what exactly constitutes a team (#RB, #WR, #FLEX) here, but slimming that down might make sense, just to have the most flexibility in fielding a viable team should multiple players take a COVID hit during a particular week.

I'm in and could do a quick online draft before Thursday (or even the weekend) if anyone wants to.

08 Sep 2020 11:50 #605 by ScienceChic
With only 6 affirmatives, and our Commish being temporarily unavailable, I'm afraid we'll be taking a year off. We'll still do the Pick 5 though, if you'd like to participate in that (thread coming shortly)! Thank you all for your interest and I hope we can get back to a normal year next season!
:nfl:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.ā€ -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Aug 2021 09:20 #606 by Ndshriver
Only 3 preseason games this year! Season starts Sept 9th.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

02 Aug 2021 09:52 #607 by ScienceChic
Fewer pre-season games makes me happy - let's get to it! :biggrin:

Welcome back Ndshriver! Happy news: I've been in touch with RenegadeCJ and he's agreed (halleljuah!) to help setup our Fantasy Football leagues again this year. WE'RE BACK!!!
:nfl: :football:
If any of you would like to play once again, please contact Renegade via DM and let him know the best email for you that he can use to add you to the league.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.ā€ -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hot Chile, Ndshriver

03 Aug 2021 09:18 #608 by Christina
Iā€™m in for fantasy!!

03 Aug 2021 20:04 #609 by Kbailey
Me and the hubby want to play! DM sent!

23 Aug 2021 10:13 #610 by ScienceChic
Signed up so far:
NDshriver
Christina
Kbailey & hubs
MH
Hot Chile
SC

We need at least 1 more but 3 would be great to get us to 10.

The season starts on Thursday September 9th so we need to choose a date for the draft. Labor Day weekend is right before that and I'm thinking we'll all be busy with family and friends. Would Sept 1st, 2nd, or the 7th work well for you guys? We'll setup an auto-draft option if you can't attend, and we'll pick a date that works for the majority - reply below. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds