Couple Who Abandoned Child Sentenced to ...Parenting Classes

10 Jun 2010 06:31 #1 by Wayne Harrison
Remember the parents who FORGOT to take their 3-year-old kid home from his own birthday party at Caesarland?

Police said the parents left the restaurant either believing the other had their son or that he was with a grandmother, and that they didn't question his whereabouts for almost 72 hours, reports Click on Detroit.

Well, a judge has charged Talisha Johnson and Dion Johnson with child abuse. But did they get jail time? NO. They must take parenting classes and go to therapy. Their son is now in foster care.

Do you think parenting classes are a stiff enough punishment for forgetting your kid for THREE DAYS?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23822641/detail.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2010 06:50 #2 by jf1acai
There must be more to this story that we don't know.

For this to happen, I would assume the parents do not live together, or communicate much. But, they want and expect to get custody back?

Very strange.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

10 Jun 2010 06:53 #3 by Wayne Harrison
There are "previous stories" at the bottom. In one of those it says, "Police said the parents do not live together and the boy is sometimes cared for by his grandmother and great-grandmother. The parent's family members said each parent thought the child was with each other."

10 Jun 2010 07:01 #4 by jf1acai
Ahhh, I missed that.

It is difficult for me to see how them getting joint custody back would be best for the child, regardless of parenting classes or any other 'punishment'. Perhaps one or the other, or the grandparents, would be best, to clearly define who is responsible.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds