ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

12 Feb 2014 07:50 #171 by Rick

PrintSmith wrote: Can someone explain for me why it is a good thing to break the link between work and personal security for yourself and your family? That, to me, doesn't seem like it is a desirable outcome. What incentive is there to work and produce if your well being and that of your family isn't tethered to being productive? I mean, really, if you can obtain food, shelter, clothing and all the other necessities of life without working, why would you work?

Good question, especially when there are so many ways to make money under the table to supplement your free money.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2014 08:59 #172 by Reverend Revelant

PrintSmith wrote: Can someone explain for me why it is a good thing to break the link between work and personal security for yourself and your family? That, to me, doesn't seem like it is a desirable outcome. What incentive is there to work and produce if your well being and that of your family isn't tethered to being productive? I mean, really, if you can obtain food, shelter, clothing and all the other necessities of life without working, why would you work?

Let's just go for a guaranteed minimum income for everyone?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

12 Feb 2014 09:14 #173 by FredHayek
Then we can have robots do all the dirty jobs people no longer want to do!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Feb 2014 10:26 #174 by Reverend Revelant
Pissed off...

Why I'm Getting Sick of Defending Obamacare - Incompetence, politics, and delays frustrate advocates of health care reform. By Ron Fournier

It's getting difficult and slinking toward impossible to defend the Affordable Care Act. The latest blow to Democratic candidates, liberal activists, and naïve columnists like me came Monday from the White House, which announced yet another delay in the Obamacare implementation.

For the second time in a year, certain businesses were given more time before being forced to offer health insurance to most of their full-time workers. Employers with 50 to 99 workers were given until 2016 to comply, two years longer than required by law. During a yearlong grace period, larger companies will be required to insure fewer employees than spelled out in the law.

Not coincidentally, the delays punt implementation beyond congressional elections in November, which raises the first problem with defending Obamacare: The White House has politicized its signature policy.

Put me in the frustrated category. I want the ACA to work because I want health insurance provided to the millions without it, for both the moral and economic benefits. I want the ACA to work because, as Charles Lane wrote for The Washington Post, the link between work and insurance needs to be broken. I want the ACA to work because the GOP has not offered a serious alternative that can pass Congress.

Unfortunately, the president and his team are making their good intentions almost indefensible.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white-ho ... e-20140211

and the beat goes on...

Powers: I’m getting tired of defending ObamaCare, too [/b]

[youtube:tqjmhlkt]

[/youtube:tqjmhlkt]

What's most interesting in these reports is that these two are supposedly JOURNALIST and they shouldn't be supporting anything when carrying out the duties of their jobs. They should be reporting the facts.

This is the sorry-assed state of journalism today.

12 Feb 2014 10:40 #175 by FredHayek
Journalists used to be told to gather the facts but now they are supposed to right wrongs.

I know Obama's pride wouldn't let him seek a bipartisan solution with the Republicans on fixing ACA but I wonder if a Bill Clinton or a Ronald Reagan would have been willing to come up with a fix that would satisfy the country. Approval of Obama and ACA is still below 50%.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Feb 2014 12:50 #176 by RenegadeCJ

FredHayek wrote: Journalists used to be told to gather the facts but now they are supposed to right wrongs.

I know Obama's pride wouldn't let him seek a bipartisan solution with the Republicans on fixing ACA but I wonder if a Bill Clinton or a Ronald Reagan would have been willing to come up with a fix that would satisfy the country. Approval of Obama and ACA is still below 50%.

Both of them would have found a fix. They were actually both leaders, unlike the inept prez we have now. Neither of them thought they were king.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

12 Feb 2014 13:15 #177 by Rick
This is why I'm starting to like Kirsten Powers... she is one of the few honest talking heads on the left, and I disagree with 99% of her positions.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Feb 2014 20:42 #178 by Reverend Revelant
Obamacare is a fraud on a national level, and it looks like we have a crook helping run our local version of the ACA, Colorado Cares.

A director with Colorado’s health-care exchange was placed on paid administrative leave Tuesday after it was discovered she has been accused of stealing from a nonprofit housing organization she oversaw in Montana.

Christa McClure, 51 is the director of partner engagement for Connect for Health Colorado, the state program that implements the Affordable Care Act in the state.

In her Colorado job, McClure does not have access to any of exchange’s finances, spokesman Ben Davis said. He said the charges against her are “very serious and we are taking this very seriously.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/201 ... um=twitter

This is such a mess.

12 Feb 2014 20:54 #179 by Rick

Reverend Revelant wrote: Obamacare is a fraud on a national level, and it looks like we have a crook helping run our local version of the ACA, Colorado Cares.

A director with Colorado’s health-care exchange was placed on paid administrative leave Tuesday after it was discovered she has been accused of stealing from a nonprofit housing organization she oversaw in Montana.

Christa McClure, 51 is the director of partner engagement for Connect for Health Colorado, the state program that implements the Affordable Care Act in the state.

In her Colorado job, McClure does not have access to any of exchange’s finances, spokesman Ben Davis said. He said the charges against her are “very serious and we are taking this very seriously.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/201 ... um=twitter

This is such a mess.

Yep, government is like a giant petri dish that breeds and feeds corruption. In the private sector there's usually a camera over the till, but not so much in government.

George Orwell

13 Feb 2014 04:15 #180 by MamaRama
who in Colorado actually hired her? Hickenstupid and Udall?

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds