Hillary Clinton Announces 2016 Presidential Bid

14 Apr 2015 11:51 #11 by PrintSmith
Face it fellas, she's going to be the nominee from the party of Democrats in 2016. Any other Democrat announcing is essentially pulling a TommyT and looking to introduce a topic or two into the platform instead of launching an actual effort to win the nomination.

When election day 2016 rolls around, even the Democrats who really don't like Hillary are going to do the same thing that many Republicans did in 2008 and 2012, hold their noses and cast their vote for the representative of their party because they can't stomach the thought of a president from the other party and that outweighs their disaffection with the candidate from their own party.

If the election winds up being Clinton v Bush II not only will the Republicans lose the presidential race, they'll lose the Senate majority as well because the unaffiliated are going to make sure that there isn't a third Bush in the Oval Office and that will have a negative impact on every other statewide race down ticket. The very thought of Bennet being elected to another 6 year term when there is a better than average chance of electing another Republican to join Gardner because there's another Bush on the ballot gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2015 13:13 #12 by FredHayek
:bait: Miscue II? Hillary in Iowa right now is going to support the corn ethanol lobby, driving up fuel and food costs for the 99%. Considering she is pretty much un-opposed in the primaries, now would have been a great time to say she wants what is best for America instead of Archer Daniels and Monsanto.
:flagwave:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Apr 2015 21:53 #13 by otisptoadwater

She’s got 2 million fake Twitter followers, but she’s totally “the people’s champion” or something…

from Daily Mail:

Although Hillary Clinton boasts a robust 3.6 million Twitter followers, not even a vast right-wing
conspiracy would be able to interact with 2 million of them.

According to two popular online measuring tools, no more than 44 per cent of her Twitter fan base
consists of real people who are active in using the social media platform.

And at least 15 per cent – more than 544,000 – are completely fake.
StatusPeople.com, the oldest publicly available Twitter-auditing tool, reports that 44 per cent of
the former secretary of state’s followers are ‘good’; 15 per cent are 'fake’; and 41 per cent are
'inactive,’ meaning that they never tweet or reply to any tweets.

Click here to read more.

[sarcasmfont]SHOCKED I TELL'YA, I'M SHOCKED!!![/sarcasmfont]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

15 Apr 2015 22:18 #14 by otisptoadwater

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

16 Apr 2015 07:17 #15 by cydl
...then there's her staged fiasco in Iowa. Even the Dems rejected her last time around by a pretty hefty margin.

But then after all, it's her turn this time! She deserves it! :evil:

16 Apr 2015 09:38 #16 by FredHayek
Hillary Clinton, the Susan Lucci of presidential candidates? :whistle:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Apr 2015 14:29 #17 by PrintSmith
I am finding it highly ironic that her arrow that I am guessing is supposed to represent forward progress points to the right . . .

17 Apr 2015 08:24 #18 by Nobody that matters

PrintSmith wrote: I am finding it highly ironic that her arrow that I am guessing is supposed to represent forward progress points to the right . . .

That's one of the few things that finds me in agreement with Clinton - moving to the right is progress.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

17 Apr 2015 09:01 #19 by cydl
It's part of her REAL logo:

Attachments:

17 Apr 2015 09:10 #20 by Rick

cydl wrote: It's part of her REAL logo:

Haha, had to look that one up. :like:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds