Hillary Clinton Announces 2016 Presidential Bid

21 Apr 2015 17:54 #41 by Rick

Something the Dog Said wrote: Looking back at recent POTUS administrations, it is a mixed bag. Clearly Bill Clinton showed that a governor can provide great guidance in taking a failed republican economy and turning a huge deficit into a surplus, unparalleled economic growth for the country,.

What was Clinton's role in the tech boom? What policies that were set by Clinton were responsible for that boom? Sometimes people can be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time... imagine if 9/11 happened on Clinton's watch... he and his wife both believed Saddam had WMD as well. He was lucky to be spared that disaster and got to ride the economic wave created by others.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2015 07:19 #42 by FredHayek

Something the Dog Said wrote: Really sad that you can not promote your own choices, all you have is to repeat the zombie lies that have no basis to denigrate others.

Dog,
If Condoleeza Rice had started a charitable foundation that was taking multi-million dollar donations from the countries she was negotiating treaties with as Secretary of State, would you wonder where her real loyalties were? :cards:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Apr 2015 09:58 - 22 Apr 2015 14:54 #43 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote: Looking back at recent POTUS administrations, it is a mixed bag. Clearly Bill Clinton showed that a governor can provide great guidance in taking a failed republican economy and turning a huge deficit into a surplus, unparalleled economic growth for the country, keeping the country out of foreign entanglements while maintaining an effective military, while on the other hand, Bush showed us that a governor can be an unmitigated disaster, turning a huge surplus into a record deficit, taking a country having low unemployment into a country with disastrously high unemployment, taking an economy that was rocking for everyone into a stagnant economy during most of his presidency ending with a disaster of an economy, involving the country into two foreign wars at a cost of trillions of dollars and huge loss of american lives and limbs. So it depends upon the governor.

I do think personal involvement for 12 years in the governorship of a state, 8 years personal involvement of one of the more successful presidencies in history, a term in the Senate and four years of secretary state, personally meeting with most foreign heads of state and close understanding of the nation's foreign affairs is one of the more impressive resumes.

Yes, Dog, by all means, let's talk about that "surplus". Please explain for everyone how there can be a budget surplus at the same time that the public debt increased because most people who understand that 2+2=4 that simply doesn't add up. In order for the debt to increase, more money has to be spent than is taken in, so how can there be an excess of money into the system, a surplus of money, at the same time that more money is being spent than is being taken in?

Record setting deficit? Obama owns that record, not Bush, both the record for a single year deficit and accumulated deficit over the term of a single administration. Pretty hard to top doubling of the debt, but somehow Obama managed not only to better that record, he managed to double it yet again.

And yeah, Clinton used up the guided missiles, bombs and other armaments bought and placed into the inventory by his predecessors without replenishing the supply during his own tenure as he flexed our military might all over the globe while keeping the country clear of "foreign entanglements" like, oh, I don't know, Bosnia, enforcing "no fly zones" over Iraq, "Blackhawk Down" in Somalia, an embargo of Haiti, 2 separate bombing campaigns in Iraq, sending cruise missiles into Afghanistan and the Sudan. Did I miss a few maybe?

16 Nov 2015 17:13 #44 by Blazer Bob
Amazing op-ed considering the source.

www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/11/15/1450...-Promise-of-Betrayal

..."In the end, she will betray them or she will betray us. It’s pretty sad that a fundamental component of your campaign is an admission you’re lying to someone else. I promise I’ll betray them and not you.

Would any of us believe Marco or Ted or Jeb if they just promised us they wouldn’t be influenced by all those Koch millions and big money donations? Do you really think they’re going to stab their donors in the back and fight for us? No, and we are right to distrust anyone who would make such a claim. Even if that person is a Democrat who is promising to betray them and not us.

If you were a betting person, which betrayal would you bet on? Wall Street doesn’t seem to be too worried that they’ll be the ones who will be betrayed.

Perhaps we should be."

16 Nov 2015 19:38 - 16 Nov 2015 19:38 #45 by ScienceChic
One of my biggest reasons for not supporting Clinton's campaign is her funding by Wall St and corporate interests. I don't believe she has the best interests of The People at heart.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Nov 2015 20:27 - 16 Nov 2015 20:27 #46 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: One of my biggest reasons for not supporting Clinton's campaign is her funding by Wall St and corporate interests. I don't believe she has the best interests of The People at heart.

At this point I do not think a single solitary sole in this country believes that see does. Yet they are so blindly partisan they will vote for her before anyone with an R after their name. ANYONE!!!

17 Nov 2015 09:29 #47 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote: One of my biggest reasons for not supporting Clinton's campaign is her funding by Wall St and corporate interests. I don't believe she has the best interests of The People at heart.

This best explains Hillary's reasoning.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds