Stormy

30 Apr 2024 14:16 #51 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Stormy

driver8 wrote:

koobookie wrote: You may be right about the bump in the polls, but what does that say about the cult followers? They think he's being persecuted, so breaking the law and being held in contempt is a medal on his chest? Really?

I thought the Republican party was the party of law and order, but Donny breaks the law and is held up as a hero? How is this not a cult?

MAGA loves criminals and shitty people... I bet Rick went and celebrated killing puppies with Kristie "the puppy killer' Noem yesterday on her CO GOP visit here in Denver. Did you get her autograph Rick?

Dr. Fauci approved funding for lab experiments on hundreds of beagles. They first cut their vocal cords so students at the university couldn't hear them as they harmed the canines. Your tax dollars at work.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2024 18:58 #52 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Stormy

koobookie wrote: You may be right about the bump in the polls, but what does that say about the cult followers? They think he's being persecuted, so breaking the law and being held in contempt is a medal on his chest? Really?

I thought the Republican party was the party of law and order, but Donny breaks the law and is held up as a hero? How is this not a cult?

You conveniently ignore the big picture. The big picture is that poor and middle class citizens have been suffering more and more as Biden's presidency continues to hurt our economy and the future of this country. You are calling half the country cult members because you think this is about the man... it is not. It's about the direction of the country. It's about the millions of poor people that Biden invited into our country and who are now costing our cities more than they can afford. It's about pushing the green energy bullshit that the poor and middle class can't afford. It's about the hundreds of billions we are sending to other countries to fight their wars.

You focus on Trump because that's the easy way to debate. Sometimes I'd like to debate the policies you vote for, because the policies are all that matters. What doesn't matter to most Americans is how many times Democrats can keep Trump in a courtroom instead of campaigning. This is not good for America and the world is laughing at us as our country continues to decline under moronic leadership.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 May 2024 07:24 #53 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Stormy
MAGA is a cult. You can try to deny it, but it definitely is. Look at all the Trump paraphernalia . I have a friend who has Trump slippers, Trump stickers plastered all over her car, Trump shower curtain, Trump flags, Trump tattoo, etc. I don't know anyone who has Biden or Hillary paraphernalia like that.

Five characteristics of a cult:

Charismatic leader
Worship of that leader
Us vs. Them mentality
Emphasis on money
Authoritarian control over members

Does that sound like Biden? Noooope. That's Donny in a nutshell and you've fallen into the cult.

BTW - Donny doesn't have any policies - ope - wait. Time Magazine just published interviews where Donny Dotard revealed what he will do in a second term.

time.com/6972022/donald-trump-transcript-2024-election/

You should read it, or at least skim the interview, because it shows an America you might not like. (you must remember that a lot of the statistics Donny claims are actually lies, so read it with a grain of salt.)

Eh, who am I kidding. You won't read it because it paints your cult leader in a bad light. Oh, wait, it's a verbatim interview transcript. Whaaaat? I'll post a paraphrase for you, sort of like Cliff Notes. This is from Heather Cox Richardson, an historian, that writes daily about the state of our country.

He plans to use the military to round up, put in camps, and deport more than 11 million people. He is willing to permit Republican-dominated states to monitor pregnancies and prosecute people who violate abortion bans. He will shape the laws by refusing to release funds appropriated by Congress (as he did in 2019 to try to get Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky to smear Hunter Biden). He would like to bring the Department of Justice under his own control, pardoning those convicted of attacking the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, and ending the U.S. system of an independent judiciary. In a second Trump presidency, the U.S. might not come to the aid of a European or Asian ally that Trump thinks isn’t paying enough for its own defense. Trump would, Cortelessa wrote, “gut the U.S. civil service, deploy the National Guard to American cities as he sees fit, close the White House pandemic-preparedness office, and staff his Administration with acolytes who back his false assertion that the 2020 election was stolen.”

Yeah, you're in a cult.

01 May 2024 09:39 #54 by FredHayek
Despite numerous trials, Trump's popularity is at 50% according to Rasmussen. Probably not what these Democrat DA's expected.

And with Columbia University protesters being arrested last night, the Stormy trial isn't even on the front page.

01 May 2024 10:00 #55 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Despite numerous trials, Trump's popularity is at 50% according to Rasmussen. Probably not what these Democrat DA's expected.

And with Columbia University protesters being arrested last night, the Stormy trial isn't even on the front page.

I doubt the DA's intended to lower Donny's approval ratings. Rather, they are pursuing justice. I'm fairly certain that's not how you, or the other conservatives here, see the situation, but that's reality.

Nobody is above the law, not even a President.

Protesters are on the front page today, but Dotard Donny will return tomorrow when the trial resumes.

01 May 2024 10:27 #56 by FredHayek
I love your naivete. So refreshing.

01 May 2024 10:44 #57 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: I love your naivete. So refreshing.

I'm concerned about your paranoia, but then, conspiracy theories are entertaining.

01 May 2024 11:07 #58 by koobookie
Attachments:

01 May 2024 11:57 #59 by driver8
Replied by driver8 on topic Stormy

FredHayek wrote: I love your naivete. So refreshing.

And trunp loves your ignorance, so predictable. Lol!

01 May 2024 14:35 #60 by FredHayek

And according to K's definition of a cult, candidate Barack Obama would definitely fit into the cult of personality.

Remember the famous Red/Blue picture of the man with the nonsense phrase, "Hope & Change".

BTW, never voted for Trump. Supported Cruz as a Republican delegate.

I think both nominees need to retire before their conventions. Neither is up to the task of being Leader of the Free World.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds