Music That You Love

02 Dec 2014 08:51 - 02 Dec 2014 08:52 #1981 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Music That You Love

otisptoadwater wrote:

I always wanted to learn how to sing this version, even downloaded the lyrics at one point. Some day. :)

This song was one of my favorite moments in Mockingjay, and the version in the movie with the whole cast joining in at the end with the scenes they show is chilling. Lawrence does a great job.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2014 09:02 #1982 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Music That You Love
I don't have a blood brother, but I have many friends that I consider brothers. This one got stuck in my head for a while because it reminded me of all the help I got from my brothers (and sisters) when I was sick for so long.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Dec 2014 20:13 #1983 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Music That You Love
Venting the bile BEFORE the Christmas season...

:drunkensere :sunnysnow: :snuggle: :caribouxmas

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

08 Dec 2014 19:22 #1984 by otisptoadwater
Life is all about perspective. You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be unhappy, it's your choice. I prefer being happy!

:superluge: :snowflake: :drunkensere :snuggle:

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

08 Dec 2014 21:30 #1985 by otisptoadwater
Probably a better topic for the Fun house (or maybe even the Ring) but I'm living dangerously tonight!

It's Winter and the calendar tells me we are closing in on the best holidays of the year. I suppose you could either keep the bedroom dark and try the brail method with your SO for now. Come early Spring it might be smart to get some additional workouts and romps in the woods under your belt, so to speak...

For now, prepare to guzzle the booze, eat the food, and enjoy the company of family and friends!

:decorate: :wreath: :canebow: :decorate: :wreath: :canebow:

08 Dec 2014 21:42 #1986 by otisptoadwater
For whatever reason I seem to be in a mood for both kinds of music tonight, Country and Western...

:( :) :cheer: B)

09 Dec 2014 18:29 #1987 by otisptoadwater
It wouldn't be right to let Christmas approach without hauling out the old 78's and having one more listen!

:wreath: :xmaslights: :wreath: :xmaslights: :wreath: :xmaslights: :wreath:

09 Dec 2014 18:37 #1988 by otisptoadwater
Two-fer Tuesday!

:snowfort: :happysnow: :sunnysnow: :drunkensere

09 Dec 2014 18:58 #1989 by otisptoadwater

The title tells the story...

10 Dec 2014 23:13 #1990 by otisptoadwater
Going fast is fun!

B) :) :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.872 seconds