× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

16 Sep 2015 06:24 #81 by RenegadeCJ
I was also notified by an observant player (Freebird) that the scoring wasn't lining up. Since eventually we will have the 2 best "compete" against each other in the Super Bowl, that won't do. I've set them both to the same scoring system.

In addition, I was thinking about the playoffs. I would like to suggest we change the settings to the top 4 going into the playoffs in each league starting week 14. That would allow the "champion" from each league to be crowned on week 15, then on week 16 the "superbowl" between the two leagues would be played. As is currently set, that would occur on the NFL week 17, which sometimes the stars sit or have less playing time on teams that have already clinched.

Thoughts?

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2015 06:34 #82 by HappyCamper
we will have the 2 best "compete"

How can this happen? If you are talking between the two leagues you could have common players just wondering.

As far as the play-offs whatever we did last year was the same as our pay league so I vote for that because it is what I am use to.

16 Sep 2015 15:53 #83 by RenegadeCJ
Well, what we wanted to do was only have 1 "champion". There will still be a superbowl on each league, and then the week later have them "virtually compete" where we would just compare their scores to determine the champion of MMT. I'm sure there will be multiple players who are the same, since certain players typically lift teams to the superbowl. I'm assuming they won't all be the same though, so we could still have an ultimate winner.

Let me know what you all think. If not, I'm ok with that too....I won't likely be competing for it!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

16 Sep 2015 16:19 #84 by ScienceChic
Renegade, your proposal was exactly what I had in mind so it sounds good to me!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Sep 2015 08:13 #85 by ComputerBreath
I like it.

17 Sep 2015 22:18 #86 by freebird
I agree, it seems right to have each league play 2 games to determine the winner and then that 3rd week's play to determine the overall winner.

And yes to HappyCamper. As I remember the past season's playoff scenario, we started with 8 teams playing in the first playoff week, then 4 teams in the 2nd week, and finally the final 2 teams playing in the 3rd week for bragging rights. Renegade's proposal has us playing three "post" fantasy season games.

22 Sep 2015 20:20 #87 by HappyCamper
Well, this week will be tough the Hubby and I will be going head to head and while we will be cheering for the Bronco's it is going to be a Knock down drag out fight!!!!

Love you Sweetie but this video is for you!

22 Sep 2015 20:43 #88 by quadman
Alright, after the back to back ass kickin's from our neighbors (thanks guys) the
wife apparently has a bit of attitude toward my FF ability.

Pay attention to the theme song baby, you're goin down.

23 Sep 2015 17:47 #89 by MtnSunshine
Looks like I'm playing my spouse as well - this should get interesting. I love you honey, but I'm pulling out all my stops this week.
Attachments:

25 Sep 2015 07:22 #90 by freebird
I admit, too much eye-rolling (all mine) at our house those weeks we played each other. I actually requested that we play on different leagues.

Have fun this Sunday in your homes you four!

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds