Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Jun 2014 03:42 #1011 by DrMike
Thoroughly Equipped

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Every scripture is God-breathed…so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17 AMP)

God has equipped you with everything you need to fulfill your destiny through His Word. The Scripture tells us that as believers in Jesus Christ, we are anointed. The word “anointing” is the power of God which gives you courage, strength and ability. When you put the Word of God in you, you are receiving that anointing, you are building your faith, and you are being equipped for every good work.

The next time you start to wonder if you have what it takes, go to God’s Word and stir up your faith. Focus on His truth which says you are well able to do what He has called you to do. You can accomplish your goals. You have the ideas, the creativity, and talent to be successful. You can overcome every obstacle! You’ve been armed with strength for every battle; the forces that are with you are greater than the forces that are against you, and you are thoroughly equipped!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for equipping me. Thank You for empowering me. Help me stay focused on Your Word and Your plan for me today. I trust that You have equipped me and called me for Your purpose in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jun 2014 04:20 #1012 by DrMike
Get Your Feet Wet

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So the people of Israel walked through the middle of the sea on dry ground, with walls of water on each side!” (Exodus 14:22, NLT)

When Joshua and the Israelites needed to get across the Jordan River, God said He would open it up, but they had to get their feet wet before the waters parted. They could have sat back and thought, “As soon as God opens it, then we’ll walk toward it. It doesn’t make sense to go now. The river is still flowing. Everything is normal. Nothing is unusual.” No, they took a step of faith and started walking toward the water. I can imagine when water got up to their ankles they thought, “What are we doing walking into a river? We could drown.” Water got up to their knees and thoughts said, “You’d better turn around. You’re making a mistake.” Water up to their waist. They just kept walking. What is that? Bold obedience. About that time, the river supernaturally parted. They walked into their promised land.

In the same way, if you’re going to make it to your promised land, it’s going to take this bold obedience. You’re not always going to understand what God is doing. God is not always logical. Faith is not in your head; faith is in your heart. You’ve got to turn your mind off and listen to what God is saying in your heart. Take a step of faith. Get your feet wet and move forward into the blessing and victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for parting the waters and leading me in victory! I choose to take a step of faith; I choose to obey You. I choose to step out into the water knowing that you have a good plan for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

13 Jun 2014 03:57 #1013 by DrMike
Obedience Activates His Power

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever He says to you, do it." (John 2:5, NASB)

One time, Jesus made mud and put it on a blind man’s eyes. He told him to go wash it off in the pool of Siloam. Jesus could have just as easily healed the blind man on the spot. He could have opened his eyes right then and there and sent him on his way. But obedience activates God’s power. The blind man could have wiped the mud off with his own hands and thought, “I’m not going to do that. That doesn’t make sense. That’s going to be a waste of time.” He could have thought, “I’m blind. I have these disadvantages. I can’t make it down to the pool.” But instead of making excuses, instead of talking himself out of it, he decided to just do it. He went to the pool and washed it off. Immediately, he could see.

When you obey, dreams come to pass. When you obey, health is restored. When you obey, problems turn around. I wonder how many miracles we would see if we would simply do what we know we’re supposed to do. Are you talking yourself out of something because it’s not practical, it doesn’t make sense? Quit putting it off and just do it. If you’ll have bold obedience, you’ll activate His power and see God’s favor in a new way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness and healing in my life. I choose to obey You and open the door for Your miracle power in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Jun 2014 04:28 #1014 by DrMike
God Rewards Obedience

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession...” (Exodus 19:5, NIV)

Sometimes God asks us to do things that don’t make sense. It doesn’t seem logical. It doesn’t fit into our budget. It doesn’t line up with our schedule. “God, You want me to go back to college? I’m 40 years old.” “God, You want me to give them a gift? I was saving those funds for my own dreams.” Or, “God, You want me to leave this secure position that I’ve had for years and start my own business?” Too often we overanalyze it. We debate it. Look at it only in the natural. We end up making excuses, talking ourselves out of it, “That couldn’t be God.” But if you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to have bold obedience. That means you obey even when you don’t understand it. You just do it even when it doesn’t make sense. That’s what faith is all about.

If you can understand everything, you have the time, the money, it’s all lined up, then that doesn’t really take any faith. God will ask you to do things that seem far out, unusual, not practical. With every act of obedience, there is a blessing attached to it. When you do what you know God wants you to do, a blessing will follow. God rewards obedience!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to obey You. I let go of trying to reason it all out in my mind and choose to trust You. Thank You for Your faithfulness and for rewarding my obedience in Jesus’ name. Amen.

17 Jun 2014 04:01 #1015 by DrMike
Give Life to Your Faith

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...faith without works is dead.” (James 2:20, NKJV)

Are you giving life to your faith? If we aren’t doing something that shows that we believe God, the Bible says that our faith is dead. Dead faith won’t accomplish anything. We have to give life to our faith by putting actions behind it. It doesn’t have to be anything big, just something that shows your faith in God. For example, I know people who are down and discouraged. They pray, “God, please get me out of this discouragement. God, give me my joy back. God, give me a new beginning.” And yes, prayer is important, but it’s only part of the process. What really causes God to act is when you do something about it—you get back up, dust yourself off, and say, “You know what? I’m not going to stay down. This is the day the Lord has made! I am going to be happy and have a great day.” That’s putting action behind your faith.

I encourage you today to let your actions give life to your faith. Show the world that you are trusting God’s Word. As you do, you’ll give life to your faith and step into new levels of His victory and blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word that builds faith in my heart and refreshes my soul. I choose to put action behind my faith today. I choose to give life to my faith so that You can accomplish Your will in me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Jun 2014 03:54 #1016 by DrMike
In His Hand

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you…I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand…” (Isaiah 41:10, AMP)

We all face situations in life that feel out of control. During times like these, it’s easy to get discouraged and allow fear to creep in. But instead, why don’t you focus on the fact that God is holding you in the palm of His hand. There is nothing too difficult for Him; nothing is impossible, nothing is beyond His ability. When God holds you in His hand, you are safe. You are cared for. In His hand, there is victory. In His hand, there is strength. In His hand, there is provision. In His hand is everything you need!

No matter what you may be going through today, you can trust that God is for you. Instead of getting down and depressed over your circumstances, look up and get a vision of God turning that situation around. Let faith arise in your heart and focus on His favor, promotion and blessing. See yourself in the palm of His hand, and see the victory and blessing He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for helping me and holding me in Your victorious right hand. I choose to trust You even when things don’t make sense, even when things seem beyond my control. I release my cares to You knowing that You work all things together for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Jun 2014 07:02 #1017 by DrMike
Cast Your Cares

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares or you.” (1 Peter 5:7, NIV)

God cares so much about you today. Not only does He love and care about you, He cares about the things that you care about as well. If you have concerns, worry or anxiety about something in your life today; finances, relationships, your job or anything else, know that your heavenly Father already has a plan to take care of those things for you. It’s a good plan, and He wants to show Himself strong on your behalf.

The scripture reminds us that the lilies of the field and the birds of the air are cared for, how much more will your heavenly Father take care of you? Today, cast all of your anxiety on Him by choosing to trust that He is going to take care of you. Refuse to dwell on your problems and don’t allow them to steal your peace and joy any longer. Instead, choose to meditate on His Word and confess God’s promises over your life. Cast your cares on Him and experience His peace, joy and blessing all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for caring for me. I choose today to cast my cares on You and trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I bless and magnify You in my life today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Jun 2014 03:49 #1018 by DrMike
Living Limitless

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He raised us up together with Him...that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor)...” (Ephesians 2:6–7, AMP)

When God sees you, He sees unlimited possibility. He sees unlimited potential. He sees unlimited resources. God’s grace and favor in your life enables you to become what He sees. But first, you have to open your heart and take the limits off of your life.

How do we limit God? We limit God in our thinking. Thoughts of doubt, unbelief and unforgiveness in your heart will close the door to His favor. In Mark 6, it says that Jesus could do no mighty works in a particular town because of the unbelief of the people. It works the same way today. On the other hand, when you choose thoughts of faith and expectancy, you are opening the door for God to work in your life. You are taking the limits off. You are giving Him the opportunity to multiply what you have in your hand. Choose to take the limits off by choosing His thoughts of victory. Choose thoughts of increase and blessing. As you do, you’ll rise higher and higher and live the abundant, limitless life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I choose Your unlimited grace and favor today. I choose to believe that You have good things in store for me. I give You everything that I am and ask that You use me for Your glory. Help me to take the limits off of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 Jun 2014 04:25 #1019 by DrMike
Keep Faith Alive

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“No unbelief or distrust made him waver (doubtingly question) concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God.” (Romans 4:20, AMP)

Scripture tells us that faith without works is dead. In other words, if the faith inside of us doesn’t get expression through our actions and words, it will no longer be alive. If we don’t use it, we will lose it, so to speak. We have to step out in faith in order to keep faith alive.

Every person has been given a measure of faith by God. When we hear the truth of God’s Word, we receive more faith. That’s why it’s so important to put the Word of God inside of you because when you do, you are building your faith. To keep that faith alive and thriving, we have to put it to use. One way to put your faith into action is through praise and worship. Praise is a supernatural force that causes you to stand strong in faith even when your thoughts or circumstances are coming against the truth. Praise keeps your thoughts going in the right direction. It’s hard to be negative when you are declaring the goodness of God!

Today, let praise make you stable and strong. Put that faith in your heart into action. Look for reasons to thank God. As you do, you’ll feel that inner strength and be empowered to move forward into victory all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I thank You for life. I thank You for breath. I thank You for provision, healing, strength and joy. Today I choose to put my faith in action by praising You throughout the day in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Jun 2014 04:33 #1020 by DrMike
Faith Opens the Door

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1, KJV)

Do you desire to see more of God’s favor in your life today? Faith is what opens the door to favor. The Scripture tells us that faith pleases God. It also gives substance to the things we hope for and makes them tangible.

We’ve all been given a measure of faith, but it’s up to each of us to put it into action. Notice today’s verse starts by saying, “Now faith.” It’s not “later” faith or “one day” faith. We have to have faith for today, right now. Do you believe that God has blessings in store for you, right now? Do you believe He wants to pour out His favor on you, today? Don’t go around thinking that the blessing is far off. Stay in faith because faith is now, and it opens the door to His abundance all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the gift of faith. I choose to believe Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Show me how to continue to grow in faith so I can be pleasing to You in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.858 seconds