Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

25 Jun 2014 04:07 #1021 by DrMike
Double is Due to You!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours.” (Isaiah 61:7, NIV)

In the Old Testament, God’s people were going through a very difficult time. They were being held captive against their will and mistreated by other nations. God sent this word to encourage them and give them hope for their future. When the time came, God was faithful to His Word!

Are you going through a difficult time today? Let this word bring you encouragement, too. We serve a God who goes above and beyond our expectations. He wants to give you double for your trouble. He wants to bring you restoration and make things even better than before.

If you are facing challenges today or going through a time of adversity, remember, it’s always darkest just before the dawn appears. Your days are destined to shine brighter because God is faithful. As you stay in faith and are obedient to His Word, you’ll receive double for your trouble and see God go above and beyond in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for directing and ordering my steps. I know that You will give me double for my trouble as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2014 04:10 #1022 by DrMike
Don’t Let Fear Stop You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

God’s desire is that we continually progress, that we reach higher heights and go to new levels. Oftentimes, as soon as we make the decision to step out in faith and obey God, the enemy brings in fear to try to stop us. He’ll bring thoughts like, “What if you fail? What are other people going to think? You don’t have what it takes.” He’ll do his best to use fear to try to convince us to shrink back and stay where we are.

The Bible says that fear is a spirit. It plays on our emotions and holds us back. But the good news is that we have power over fear! The Bible says that perfect love casts out all fear. When we receive God’s perfect love, we will have confidence about the future because we know His plans are for our good. I’ve heard it said that fear is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real. Understand that fear is a lie. Today, choose to believe God’s Word and receive His love so that you can overcome fear and move forward into the good life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for taking me to new levels. I know You have equipped me with a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. Thank You for Your confidence as I renounce fear and press forward in victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

27 Jun 2014 04:07 #1023 by DrMike
Let it Go

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.” (Philippians 3:13, NIV)

It’s easy to go through life focused on what didn’t work out, who hurt us, or the mistakes we’ve made. “If only I would have finished college. If only I would have spent more time with my children. If only that company wouldn’t have laid me off after 20 years. That’s just not right.”

As long as you’re living in regret, focused on the negative things of the past, it’s going to keep you from the bright future God has in store. You’ve got to let go of what didn’t work out. Let go of the hurts and pain. Let go of your disappointments and failures. You can’t do anything about the past, but you can do something about right now. Whether it happened 20 years ago or 20 minutes ago, let it go and move forward. If you keep bringing negative baggage from yesterday into today, it will poison your future. You may have had an unfair past, but you don’t have to have an unfair future. You may have gotten off to a rough start in life, but it’s not how you start that matters. It’s how you finish.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to let go of past mistakes, failures and setbacks. I choose to set my eyes on You and move boldly into the good future You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

30 Jun 2014 07:15 #1024 by DrMike
Wait for It!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the vision is yet for an appointed time...though it tarry, wait for it...” (Habakkuk 2:3, KJV)

God has an appointed time to fulfill the visions, dreams and desires in your heart. Just because it has taken a long time or because you’ve tried and failed doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen. Don’t give up on those dreams! Don’t be complacent about pursuing what God has placed in your heart. Our God is a faithful God. No matter how long it’s been, no matter how impossible things look, if you’ll stay in faith, your set time is coming.

Remember, every dream that’s in your heart, every promise that has taken root, God put it there. Not only that, but He has every intention of bringing it to pass. Hold on to that vision today. Declare by faith, “My time is coming. God is working behind the scenes on my behalf. I will fulfill my destiny!” As you continue to hold on to that vision and speak life over your dreams, it won’t be long before you see them begin to take shape. You’ll see your faith grow, you’ll see your hope strengthen, and you’ll see yourself step into the destiny God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for placing dreams and desires in my heart. I trust that You are at work to bring them to pass even when I can’t see it, even when it’s taking longer than I thought. I know that You are faithful, and I trust You completely in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

02 Jul 2014 04:00 #1025 by DrMike
How to Take Your Life Back

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” (2 Corinthians 10:5, NIV)

Do you ever feel like things in your life are out of control? Usually that happens when we allow our circumstances to dictate our thoughts and attitudes. You might say, “Well, the economy is wreaking havoc on my business.” Or, “This relationship is just too far gone.” But today is the day to take your life back! We live in this natural realm, but as believers, we are not limited by this natural realm. We can tap into God’s supernatural power, but it starts by making every thought line up with the Word of God.

Take your life back by taking your thoughts back. Don’t allow the enemy to have access any longer. Instead, meditate on the Word of God daily and allow His truth to sink down deep into your spirit. Let His truth make you free.

Today, as you take captive every thought and boldly declare His promises over your life, you are setting yourself up for victory. You are positioning yourself to receive every spiritual blessing, and you are taking your life back!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for empowering me to live in victory today. I choose to take my life back by taking captive every thought and submitting it to You. Help me live a life that is pleasing to You, Jesus, today and every day in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

03 Jul 2014 06:08 #1026 by DrMike
Freedom in Contentment

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.” (Philippians 4:11, NIV)

In life, sometimes it’s easy to get so focused on our dreams and goals that we tune out everything else. We can get to the point where we’re not going to be happy until we see those things happen. But I’ve found that if we have to have something in order to be happy, our lives are out of balance. When our goals and dreams start to frustrate us, and we lose our peace and don’t enjoy life, that’s a clear sign that we’re holding on too tightly. What’s the solution? You’ve got to release it. Freedom comes when you say, “God, I’m turning it all over to You. You know my desires and what’s best for me. I’m choosing to trust You and Your timing.”

When we learn to be content whatever the circumstances, it takes away the power of the enemy. It takes away his ability to frustrate us. Not only that, but by our actions, we are showing our faith in God. When you choose to trust His timing, you can live in peace, you can live in joy, and you can rest in Him knowing that He has good things in store for your future. Today, find freedom in contentment and rest in His everlasting peace.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to trust You. I release frustration over the dreams and desires in my heart because You know what’s best for me. I choose to trust Your timing knowing that You are faithful. I will bless You in all things in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Jul 2014 07:12 #1027 by DrMike
Hearing His Voice

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If only you carefully listen to the voice of the Lord your God...” (Deuteronomy 15:5, AMP)

All through the day, there are two voices that compete for our attention — the voice of faith and the voice of defeat. You’ll hear a voice saying, “You’ll never rise any higher. You don’t have what it takes. You’ve reached your limit.” But if you listen carefully, you’ll hear another voice saying, “You are well able. You can do all things through Christ. Your best days are still up ahead.” You are the one who gets to choose which voice has power in your life.

The moment you verbalize a thought, you give it the right to come to pass. When you speak faith, you’re in agreement with God. When you speak defeat, you’re in agreement with the enemy. God-talk brings God on the scene. Enemy-talk brings the enemy on the scene.

Why don’t you get in agreement with God today? The negative voice may be louder, but you can override it. You can take away all of its power by simply choosing the voice of faith. Choose to declare favor, blessing and increase over your life so that you can walk in the victory the Lord has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today and every day, I choose the voice of faith and victory. I declare that I am rising up higher in You, that I can do all things because You give me strength. I bless You and honor You in everything I say and do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Jul 2014 04:28 #1028 by DrMike
Keys to Freedom

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.” (Revelation 1:18, NIV)

Have you ever been locked out of your car or house? It can be very frustrating, not to mention inconvenient. Not having your keys can keep you stuck and unproductive. It steals your time and can steal your peace and joy if you let it.

On a spiritual level, we need keys to access what God has for us — eternal life, peace, freedom and blessing. But, we don’t have to stand on the outside of blessing, living in frustration. Jesus holds the keys, and He has opened the way for us to walk from death to life. We don’t have to live in defeat, mediocrity, sickness, sin or any kind of bondage any longer. He has given us the keys to abundant life!

Today, if you feel stuck, locked out or defeated, remember, Jesus is the one who holds the keys to your freedom. All you have to do is call on His name and He will answer. He promises to hear you and deliver you. Receive His salvation, receive hope, and receive the freedom and victory He came to give.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I come boldly to You. Thank You for giving me life through Your Son, Jesus. I surrender every area of my heart to You and ask that You make me whole and complete. Set me free and show me the keys to every blessing You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Jul 2014 04:08 #1029 by DrMike
Great Peace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.” (Psalm 119:165, NIV)

God not only wants to give you peace, He wants to give you great peace! When you love His law, nothing can make you stumble, and you will have great peace!

Great peace gives you joy when it doesn’t make sense for you to be happy. It’s peace that passes understanding. Great peace keeps you stable and strong no matter what may come against you. When you focus your attention on God’s Word and discipline yourself in the scriptures, you will hunger for more of Him. That love for His law will naturally develop. His Word will direct your path. His Word will protect you. You can always find security in His Word. Today, choose to put His Word first and have the great peace and blessing God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word that gives me peace. I choose to focus on Your Word today so that You can protect me and guide me. I give You praise today for working in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Jul 2014 04:18 #1030 by DrMike
The Blessing of Forgiveness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.” (Psalm 32:1, NIV)

The Bible is filled with keys to obtaining God’s promise of blessing. In Psalm 32, it says that you are blessed when your transgressions, or sins, are forgiven. See, God extends forgiveness to everyone, but we have to do our part to receive the forgiveness. We have to repent, or change our ways, with open hearts. The Bible also tells us that if we don’t forgive others, we cannot be forgiven.

Is there anyone in your life today that you need to forgive? Is there someone who has hurt or wronged you? Make the decision to forgive so that you can walk in the blessing of God’s forgiveness for you. Forgiveness doesn’t condone wrong behavior. It simply releases the person from the debt they owe you so that God can release you from the debt you owe from your own transgressions. When you make the choice to forgive and allow God to heal your heart, you will be able to receive His forgiveness for you, and you will walk in His abundant blessing all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the promise of blessing in my life. I open my heart to You and ask that You cleanse me of anything that isn’t pleasing to You. Search me and show me if there is any unforgiveness in my heart so that I can release it and walk in Your blessing for me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.917 seconds