Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Jul 2014 04:08 #1041 by DrMike
Cover Yourself with Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah), and make no provision for [indulging] the flesh [put a stop to thinking about the evil cravings of your physical nature]” (Romans 13:14, AMP)

Is there something in your life that you would like to put a stop to today? Maybe it’s a certain behavior, addiction or bad attitude that isn’t pleasing to God? Just as Adam and Eve were exposed in their sin and needed to be clothed in the Garden, we need to clothe ourselves to protect us from sin. When you “clothe yourself” with the Lord Jesus Christ, He strengthens you against temptation.

How do you clothe yourself with Jesus Christ? In the same way you cover yourself in the natural with clothing — by putting something on. You have to daily “put on” the Word of God. You have to cover your ears by listening to the Word. You cover your eyes by watching only what is pleasing to the Lord. You cover your mouth by speaking the Word and encouraging those around you. As you cover yourself with Christ, you will be strong against temptation, and you will walk in the victory the Lord has planned for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to pay the penalty for my sins. Thank You for providing a way out of temptation so that I can stand clean before You. Help me stand strong as I cover myself with Your Word in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jul 2014 03:53 #1042 by DrMike
Gods Abundance

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap...” (Luke 6:38, NIV)

Our God is a God of abundance! He wants to pour out His abundance on you until you are so full that you are running over! But, notice how today’s verse starts. It says, “Give and it will be given to you.” That’s because your giving sets the blessing of God into motion in your life. When you give, you plant a seed. If you were to plant an apple seed, you wouldn’t just grow one single fruit. No, that one seed grows into a tree that produces an abundance of apples! That’s what happens when you obey God in your giving. You get an abundant harvest in return. You reap so much that you have to give it away, and the cycle just keeps repeating itself!

Is there something the Lord is telling you to give today? What do you have in your hand that you can bless someone else with? It can be financial or material, but take a step of faith today and open the door to His abundance in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I receive Your Word into my heart today. Thank You for choosing to bless me so that I can be a blessing to others. Show me where I can give to others and teach me to receive all You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

31 Jul 2014 04:14 #1043 by DrMike
The Same Spirit

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you.” (Romans 8:11, AMP)

When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit makes His home inside of you. That’s the same Spirit and the same power that raised Jesus from the dead. That resurrection power can bring back health, strength and life to your physical body, and it can bring back life to your hopes and dreams. In fact, it can bring life to any area that may seem dormant on the inside of you!

The next time you feel overwhelmed by sickness, challenges or despair, remember, as a believer in Jesus, the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you! You may have been burdened by an addiction, fear, worry or sickness, but there’s nothing that can stand against the power of God! Rise up and declare by faith, “He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. I am restored and healed because the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in me!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit. I receive Your strength. I receive Your power. I believe Your Word and trust that You are leading me forward into victory in Jesus’ name! Amen.

04 Aug 2014 04:29 #1044 by DrMike
Don’t Just Pray to Become a Better Slave!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.’ ” (Exodus 6:6, NIV)

When the Israelites were in slavery, they were forced to make bricks all day long. They were given quotas that were almost impossible to meet. And at one point, Pharaoh got upset and had the supervisors take away all the straw they needed for bricks. They had the same quota, but they had to go find their own straw. No doubt they prayed, “God, please give us straw. God, You know these supervisors are going to get upset. We’re not going to make our quotas.” They had been pushed down for so long. They had such a limited vision when they were praying for more straw. In effect, they were praying to become a better slave. God said, “That’s too small. I don’t want to make you a better slave. I want to take you totally out of that bondage. I created you as the head and not the tail, the victor and not the victim.”

Today, don’t just pray for improvement in your difficult situation, pray for deliverance from it! See beyond your circumstances and let Him lead you out into the place of victory and abundance!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I release a slave mentality. I pray and ask for Your complete deliverance from every form of bondage in my life. Help me to think the way You think and see the way You see. Thank You for freedom all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Aug 2014 04:14 #1045 by DrMike
God’s Dream for Your Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,’ says the LORD. ‘And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.’ ” (Isaiah 55:8, NLT)

We all have dreams and goals. We do our best to stretch our faith and believe that one day, if we work hard enough, get the right breaks or meet the right people, we’ll see that dream come to pass. In our mind, that would be big. A great accomplishment. But, what’s big to us is not big to God. He created the universe. He spoke worlds into existence. God’s dream for your life is so much bigger than your own. See, we think ordinary; God thinks extraordinary!

Today, whatever you’re dreaming about, whatever you’re believing for, know that God’s dream for your life is far greater. He wants to supersize it. He’s an overflow God. Ephesians says, “God can do exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond what we think.” Why don’t you take the limits off of God? You may not see a way, but God has a way. One touch of God’s favor can take you further than you could go on your own in a lifetime. Be open to God’s dream for your life and embrace the fullness of the blessing He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me and having such a wonderful plan for my life. Help me to see the great things You have for me. Show me Your love today as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

06 Aug 2014 04:11 #1046 by DrMike
Don’t Settle Where You Are

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9, NLT)

God did not create you to live a little life with little dreams, little goals, little passion, little influence. God thinks big. He thinks abundance. He thinks expansive. He told the Israelites, “I am bringing you into a wide land, a spacious land flowing with milk and honey.” God has something bigger, something better, something more rewarding in front of you. Don’t get comfortable where you are. It’s easy to think, “Well, God’s blessed me. I’m happy. I’m healthy. I have no complaints.” That’s good to always be grateful. You should learn to be happy where you are, but don’t settle where you are. God never performs His greatest victories in the past. They’re always in the future.

Remember today, you haven’t touched the surface of what God has in store for you. He’s going to open doors you never dreamed would open. He’s going to bring talent out of you that you didn’t know you had! You’re going to see explosive blessings that thrust you to a new level. Keep praying, keep hoping, keep believing and don’t settle where you are. Embrace the blessing God has in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for big dreams and visions for my life. I trust that You are taking me higher and leading me to increase, first in You, and then in my influence in the world around me. I refuse to settle and trust that You are at work in Jesus’ name! Amen.

07 Aug 2014 06:04 #1047 by DrMike
Your Sun and Shield

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless." (Psalm 84:11, NIV)

God wants to pour out His favor and goodness in your life. He longs to be your sun and shield. What does that mean? The sun lights our way; it keeps us warm; it nourishes the plants of the earth so that we can have food. The entire earth is sustained by its relationship to the sun, and God wants to sustain you through your relationship with Him. He wants to be your shield of protection against all the fiery darts of the enemy, and He wants to light and direct your path.

Is there someone or something else you’ve been relying on for protection or direction? Why don’t you let go of whatever you’ve been leaning on and choose to lean of God. Open your heart and trust that He has great things for your future. Receive His favor, blessing and protection today because He is your sun and shield!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for directing and guiding me. Thank You for nourishing my heart and mind as I daily put my trust in You. Show me Your ways so that I can walk with You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

08 Aug 2014 04:15 #1048 by DrMike
Mustard-Seed Faith

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the see’ and it will obey you." (Luke 17:6. NIV)

A mustard seed is a very small thing. But when it’s planted, it grows into a huge tree. In the same way, Jesus is saying in this verse that a little bit of faith can bring tremendous results!

Think about this: As a believer, you already have enough faith on the inside of you to overcome any obstacle. It doesn’t matter if you grew up in church or not; it doesn’t matter what you know or don’t know; God wants to work in your life today. You may not see how things will work out, and that’s okay. All you have to do is believe God. With God, all things are possible!

Today, put your faith into action by declaring that your trust and hope are in Him. Thank Him for working behind the scenes in your life. Use your mustard-seed faith, and it will go stronger and stronger. Always remember, you have everything you need when you have mustard-seed faith!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for mustard-seed faith. Thank You for equipping me to live in total victory. I choose to trust You, knowing that You have good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Aug 2014 14:37 #1049 by DrMike
A Glimpse of Heaven

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10, NIV)

God longs to give you a glimpse of heaven while you are here on earth. He wants to show you His plan and bring it to pass in your life. Have you ever thought about how God’s will is accomplished in heaven? In heaven, God’s will is automatic. There are no opposing forces, no doubt, no enemy or anything that would come against His will. On earth, His will is done in our lives, first, when we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior; and then, we must choose to come into agreement with His will on a daily basis through our thoughts, our words and our actions. On earth, we have to stand against the forces of doubt and darkness. We have to refuse those negative, self-defeating thoughts.

As you open your heart to the Word of God and invite His will to be done in your life, you are coming into agreement with God. And when you get in agreement with God, there is power! As you declare what God says about you, you will experience all He has for you and see a glimpse of heaven in your life here on earth!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You today and invite Your will to be done in my life. Have Your way in my heart and let everything I do bring glory to You in Jesus name. Amen.

12 Aug 2014 03:57 #1050 by DrMike
His Ways are Higher

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:9, NIV)

A lot of times, we have our own ideas about how things should work out in life. But God’s ways are not our ways. In scripture, God brought water out of a rock. Jesus told Peter to go catch a fish, open its mouth, and there was the money he needed for taxes. Another time, God caused a young lady named Mary to have a baby without knowing a man. He is God. He can use things we would expect, or He can make things happen another way.

With God, you don’t have to figure everything out. All you have to do is believe. In fact, it says in Proverbs, “Lean not to your own understanding.” Sometimes there is no logical solution. You’ve got to turn your mind off. If you’re constantly trying to figure it out, that’s just going to make you discouraged, depressed and frustrated. Just because you don’t see a way doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have a way. Remember, His ways are higher, and He is working behind the scenes for your good!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I declare that my faith and trust are in You. I won’t try to figure everything out, but I will be still and listen for Your voice. I surrender my will to Yours. Thank You for Your faithfulness in my life in Jesus’ name! Amen!

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds