Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

28 Aug 2014 03:45 #1061 by DrMike
Open Your Heart

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…he who has been forgiven little loves little" (Luke 7:47, NIV)

Forgiveness is such a powerful gift from heaven above. It's like a door on our heart. When we choose to forgive, it opens our heart so that we can receive everything God has in store for us. But when we hold onto unforgiveness, bitterness and resentment, it closes up our heart and keeps us from moving forward in the blessings of God.

The scripture tells us that if we don't forgive others, God cannot forgive us. That's because the door on our heart is closed. If forgiveness doesn't go out, forgiveness can't come in. But when we choose to forgive, we open our heart so we can receive His forgiveness and allow His love to flow freely through us. Forgiveness increases our capacity to receive!

Today remember, people will let you down, they will hurt you and they will disappoint you. Don't let the actions of others block your relationship with the Father by holding unforgiveness. Instead, choose to forgive so that you can increase your capacity to receive everything He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for forgiving me and setting me free. Today I choose to forgive others so that I can have room in my heart to receive Your forgiveness and love. Thank You for setting me free. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2014 04:09 #1062 by DrMike
Simplify

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple" (Psalm 119:130, NIV)

Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the obligations of everyday life? Does your schedule sometimes feel complicated?
One of the enemy's greatest tactics is to keep people so busy doing so many good things that there isn't time for the most important thing. Jesus said that in this life one thing is needed and that is to sit at His feet and spend time in His Word. When His Word is a priority in our lives, everything else in life will fall into place.

Today, do you need to simplify your life in order to make room in your schedule for Him? If you're not sure how to order your day, simply ask Him to give you wisdom and show you how to manage your time. He loves you so much, and He loves it when you call upon His name. Remember, He longs to be good to those who are looking for His goodness. Simplify your life today so you can receive the light and understanding He desires to give to you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I surrender everything to You. I give You my mind, will, and emotions. I give You my schedule and ask for Your wisdom to order my days. I choose to put You first and thank You for leading me and guiding me in every decision I face today. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

01 Sep 2014 04:19 #1063 by DrMike
Quicker Than You Think!

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise…" (2 Peter 3:9, NIV)

Do you realize that as a believer in Jesus, you have a tremendous advantage in life? The Creator of the Universe is not only fighting your battles, but He is lining up the right people, the right breaks, and the right opportunities to move you forward. You may be facing a situation right now that looks like it's never going to turn around, but I believe that you're going to see some changes quicker than you think. You're going to come out of debt quicker than you think. You're going to accomplish your goals much quicker than you think. That relationship is going to be restored quicker than you think!

Remember, God is not slow in keeping His promise. I believe we are entering into a decade where we're going to see the hand of God move like never before. He is going to open up doors that no man can shut. He is going to turn impossible situations around and take you places that you never dreamed. It's time to get ready for more of God's favor because that breakthrough is going to happen quicker than you think!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for being faithful to Your Word. I trust that You will complete the work You've begun in me. Help me keep my heart and mind focused on You as I stand strong in faith to see Your promises come to pass in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

02 Sep 2014 03:58 #1064 by DrMike
Pray for One Another

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed" (James 5:16, NIV)

All throughout Scripture, we see that God's system operates on the principle of sowing and reaping. If you sow blessing and mercy into the lives of others, that's what you'll reap in your life in return. The same thing happens when you pray for one another. There's a spiritual dynamic at play when you get your mind off yourself and onto others. You're sowing a seed so that God can do something in your own life.

Is there someone in your life you can pray for? Maybe it's a friend or a family member in need. They don't have to be present, you can pray for them as you go about your day or even driving in your car on the way to work. Remember, when you pray for others, God will make sure someone is praying for you. It's that connection of faith that opens the door for God to move mightily on your behalf.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for another day to be used by You. I choose to pray for the people in my life as You have commanded. Direct my thoughts and prayers today so that I can be a blessing to others and honor You in everything I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen

03 Sep 2014 03:18 #1065 by DrMike
The Moment We Pray

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help" (Psalm 56:9, NLT)

Are you believing for God to do something in your life today? I want to encourage you because God is already working behind the scenes on your behalf! Just because you don't see anything happening, doesn't mean that God isn't working. The moment we pray, God sets the miracle into motion. The thing we have to remember is that God doesn't say, "I'll deliver you in one hour, or next week, or Tuesday at 5:00 p.m." No, He doesn't put a time frame on it. That's where trust comes in. We have to know that our enemies retreat as soon as we call on Him for help. We have to choose to go back to the place of peace knowing that He is working things out.

Today, shake off the temptation to get discouraged during the waiting process. Shake off offense, shake off discouragement. Remember, all it takes is one touch of God's favor to take you years ahead. Keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping because the answer is on its way the moment we pray!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for hearing me the moment I pray. Today I choose to trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf no matter what I see in the natural. I will praise You today and always because You are faithful. I love You and bless You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

04 Sep 2014 04:26 #1066 by DrMike
Get Ready for The "New"

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined" (Luke 5:37, NIV)

Are you ready for a new chapter in your life? In order to move forward into the blessing God has for you, you have to be willing to let go of the old. The things that are behind you are not nearly as important as what is out in front of you. It's time to get ready for the "new"!

You may have had some unfair things happen, things that you don't understand; but let me tell you, you have come too far to stop now. Instead of allowing those things to hold you back, why don't you let go and take a step of faith into the new? It's time to get a new, bigger vision; it's time to get a new, fresher outlook; it's time to rise up with a new attitude! Instead of settling where you are, pick up and move forward. Have the attitude that says, "I may not understand it; it may not have been fair, but I am not getting stuck on this page. I know God has a new chapter for me—a chapter filled with blessings, favor and victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to trust You with my past, present and future. Give me wisdom to discern the seasons of my life and teach me to embrace the new things You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen

05 Sep 2014 03:20 #1067 by DrMike
Store it Up

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Therefore know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments" (Deuteronomy 7:9, NKJ)

Jesus went before us and paved the way for victory. Because He lives, we can live in victory in this life and in eternity. But not only can we live in victory, we can help others live in victory, too. We can help the people around us, and we can help the people who are coming after us. We can store up mercy, peace and blessings for future generations.

The life we live should make it easier for the people after us. By living a life of excellence, we are leaving a mark for future generations. And really, that’s what matters most in eternity. It’s good to leave an inheritance, but the most valuable thing you can leave on this earth is a legacy of faith.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I choose to focus on eternal things. I choose to store up a legacy of faith, mercy, excellence and hope for future generations. Help me, by your Spirit, to live a life that honors You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!

08 Sep 2014 04:16 #1068 by DrMike
He is Strong in You

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness…" (Romans 8:26, NLT)

Do you ever get focused on what you consider to be a disadvantage or weakness in your life? Maybe there's something about yourself that you don't like physically. You may have even been through an unfair situation: a divorce, a bad business deal, or a bad break.

We all have things that can feel like disadvantages, things that make it harder on us. But just because you have a "disadvantage," just because you've been through a tough time doesn't mean you're supposed to sit back and settle where you are. No, God still has something great for you to do! He wants to show Himself strong in and through you. The Holy Spirit wants to help you during those times when you feel weak. If you will stay in faith and not get negative toward yourself or your future, then God can take what you think is a liability and turn it into an asset. What you think is a disadvantage God will turn around to be an advantage so you can move forward into the abundant life He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I give You all that I am. I invite You into the weak places in my life so that You can turn them into strengths. Thank You for working in my life and filling me with faith and expectancy. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

09 Sep 2014 03:47 #1069 by DrMike
Divine Interruptions

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6, NIV)

We all have times when our plans don't work out. We get delayed, interrupted, and inconvenienced. It's easy to get frustrated and fight against everything that doesn't go our way. But I've learned that every interruption is not bad. Every closed door doesn't mean you're doing something wrong. Every delay doesn't mean you're not where you're supposed to be. There is something I call a divine interruption where God, on purpose, will delay us to protect us from an accident. On purpose, He will close a door because it's not His best. Sometimes, God will allow us to be inconvenienced so we can help someone else in need. We have to be willing to press through difficulty so we can be at the right place at the right time.

The next time you're interrupted, delayed, or inconvenienced, don't start thinking, "This is a pain. This is getting me off schedule." No, get a new perspective. Look for what God wants to do because it could be divine interruption or divine protection. Trust Him today because He is directing your steps.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for choosing me. I surrender every area of my mind, will, and emotions to You. Use me for Your glory today and teach me to discern Your ways. In Jesus' Name. Amen

10 Sep 2014 03:44 #1070 by DrMike
Make Time

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20, NIV)

It's interesting that many of the miracles Jesus performed weren't planned or scheduled. Oftentimes, they happened when He was interrupted.

Walking down the street, a blind man hollered out, "Jesus! Have mercy! Come over and heal me!" Jesus didn't say, "Don't you know I'm the Son of God? I'm important. I've got a lot to do." No, Jesus stopped what He was doing, went out of His way, and healed the man. Jesus was willing to be inconvenienced to help other people in need.

We have to remember that as believers, we are the hands and feet of Jesus in the earth. We are His ambassadors. We may have a lot on our "to do" lists, but we have to be willing to make time for the people God has placed in our lives. That means not only your friends and family, but people you encounter on a daily basis. Today, keep your heart and mind open because God wants to do something in and through you when you choose to make time for Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, toda

Time to create page: 1.043 seconds