Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

09 Oct 2014 04:12 #1081 by DrMike
Run Your Own Race

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…" (Hebrews 12:1-2, NKJ).

It's easy to be tempted to go through life competing with everyone around us. When we see someone who's more talented, better looking or has more gifts, instead of running our race and being comfortable with who we are, oftentimes we feel inferior and think, "I've got to catch up to them." The problem with this unhealthy competition is that it's a never-ending cycle. There will always be someone ahead of us. But, it's a very freeing thing when you realize, "I'm not competing with you. I don't have to have as big a house as my neighbor to feel good about myself. I don't have to keep up with my co-worker. I don't have to be a certain size. No, I understand that I'm not in competition with my friend, my neighbor or my co-worker. Instead, I'm going to be the best me that I can possibly be." Friend, that's an attitude God can work with. When you focus on being who God made you to be, that's when you'll rise up higher and position yourself for every spiritual blessing He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I choose to keep my eyes on You and allow You to work in my heart and mind. I declare that I am free from competition today. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Oct 2014 04:28 #1082 by DrMike
Know Your Limitations

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be" (1 Corinthians 12: 17-18, NIV).

In the New Testament, John was baptizing a crowd of people and drawing a lot of attention. Somebody came up and said, "John, are you the Christ or should we keep looking?" Without missing a beat John said, "No, I am not the Messiah."

See, John knew what he was, but he also knew what he was not. It's just as important to know what you're not because if you don't realize your limitations, you'll get drawn into areas that may look impressive and may feed your ego, but they are outside of your gifting and calling; outside of what God anointed you to do. Anytime you go outside of your limitations, it will be a constant struggle. Don't let that be you! Instead, stay focused on what you're good at. Follow peace in your heart and know your limitations because God has created you just the way He wants you to be!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me. I ask that You help me to know my limitations. Help me to know my place in the body of Christ so that I can bring glory and honor to You. In Jesus Name. Amen!

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

13 Oct 2014 04:36 #1083 by DrMike
Let Go of Comparison

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" (Ephesians 2:10, NIV).

Are you comfortable in your own skin? In other words, do you recognize yourself as the treasure God made you; or are you constantly looking for approval and comparing yourself to a neighbor, co-worker or friend? Do you try to out-dress them or out-perform them? Are you always looking for ways to one-up them?

Friend, it's time to let all of that go. Comparison is a distraction. Comparison is a thief. It steals your time, energy, focus and joy. You aren't here to impress anybody; you don't have to prove anything because you are God's special workmanship. He created you with a purpose for a purpose. You are empowered and equipped to do everything He's called you to do.

If you will choose to stay free from a spirit of competition and just run your own race, not only will you enjoy your life more, but you'll see your gifts and talents come out to the full. You'll see His blessing and favor in a greater way, and you'll move forward into the life of victory He has in store!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for setting me free from competition. I choose to rest in You knowing that I am Your workmanship. Thank You for directing and ordering my steps. I bless and praise You today. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

14 Oct 2014 04:06 #1084 by DrMike
He Holds Your Destiny

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way" (Psalm 37:23, NKJ).

Oftentimes, people who aren't fulfilling their destiny will try to discourage you from fulfilling yours. They may not do it intentionally, but they'll tell you what you can't do and how things won't work out. They're quick to remind you of all your impossibilities. Your relatives, co-workers and friends may try to talk you out of your dream, but that's because God didn't put that promise in them; He put it in you. You have to remember that other people don't determine your destiny; God does. He holds your destiny in the palm of His hand. If you will keep believing, God will not only bring it to pass, but He will do more than you can ask or think.

Friend, don't let someone else's unbelief keep you from believing. Don't let other people talk you out of your dreams. It's time to get into agreement with God. He says you are well able. He says you are equipped. He says you are qualified. He says you are anointed, called and appointed to fulfill every dream and desire He's placed in your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I trust that You are leading and guiding me today. I trust that You hold my future. I choose to tune out the discouraging voices and tune into Your Word. Fill me with Your peace and joy as You direct my steps. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

15 Oct 2014 04:22 #1085 by DrMike
Greater Than the Past

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house," says the LORD Almighty. "And in this place I will grant peace…" (Haggai 2:9, NIV).

God wants to amaze you with His goodness! We are living in a day where God is increasing His favor. Maybe you have seen God's goodness to a certain degree. In reality, you haven't seen anything yet! God has favor in your future that will supersede anything that you've seen in the past.

The Scripture talks about how the glory of the latter day will be greater than the glory of the former day. That means what God did for your parents or grandparents, He's going to surpass in your generation. The blessing and favor of past generations was good, but we serve a God of increase! He has greater things in store for your future!

Today, I encourage you to get your hopes up. I encourage you to enlarge your vision. Be expecting God to bring opportunities across your path. Be expecting to meet the right people and get the right breaks. Prepare your heart and mind to receive the increase and blessing God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for being the God of increase. I trust that You have great things in store for my future. I surrender every area of my mind, will and emotions as I wait on You. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

16 Oct 2014 04:00 #1086 by DrMike
Make Right Connections

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

(Proverbs 18:24, NIV)."A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother"

Do you know how important it is to be connected to the right people? Your destiny is too big to accomplish on your own. But God has already arranged for certain people to speak faith into you. He has already placed in your path people who will inspire you, challenge you and help you accomplish your dreams. But the reason some people never reach their highest potential is because they never get away from the wrong people.

Recognize today that not everyone can go where God is taking you. You've got to connect with people who understand your destiny and can call forth your seeds of greatness. You don't have time to spend on people who are always pushing you down, telling you what you can't do, or never giving you their approval no matter how hard you try. Friend, life is too short to drag people along. If you will get the wrong people out of your life, then God will bring in the right people so you can fulfill the destiny He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for placing the right people in my life. Help me to discern the right connections You have for me. Give me strength to release the wrong relationships so I have room in my life for the people You have chosen to connect with me. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

23 Oct 2014 07:47 #1087 by DrMike
In the Morning

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation" (Psalm 5:3, NIV).

In the Bible, David was called a man after God's own heart. He knew God and saw incredible miracles throughout his life. But notice in this verse what David did. He set the tone for His whole day by spending time with the Lord every morning. It didn't matter what was going on his life, David had his priorities set. Even though he was mistreated by his family, manipulated, made fun of, hunted down by King Saul, and even made some major mistakes on his own, David realized that each morning held the promise of new hope.

Just like David, if you'll make spending time with God a priority in your life, you will see Him move mightily on your behalf. Make it a habit to seek Him first every single day. No matter what is happening, seek Him in the morning. Let Him set the tone for your day and set you on the course for victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I choose to put You first in everything that I do. I choose to set the tone of my day by starting it with You. Draw me close to You and empower me by Your Spirit to fulfill the dreams and destiny that You have placed within me. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

24 Oct 2014 04:06 #1088 by DrMike
New Times and Seasons

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"He changes times and seasons..." (Daniel 2:21, NIV)

God is always looking to take us to higher levels. He wants us to grow and increase in every area. Change is often a catalyst for growth in our lives, and it keeps up from getting stuck in a rut. To help keep us on our path toward our destiny, God will supernaturally open and close doors of opportunity. He will "stir us" out of comfortable situations and stretch us because He loves us too much to allow us to live in mediocrity.

Do you know how an eaglet learns to fly? That mother eagle will take her eaglet to the very highest point—way out of its comfort zone—and then she just releases it. As the eaglet falls, the mother swoops down and picks it back up again. She does this over and over until the eaglet spreads its wings and soars through the air.

That's what God wants for you today. He wants you to soar in life! You might feel like that eaglet learning to fly, but know that God is right there with you! He is bringing you new times and seasons so that you will rise higher and embrace the very best He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Dear God, today I open my heart and mind to receive all that You have for me. I trust that You are with me directing my every step. I embrace Your seasons of change and thank You for helping me grow and increase in every area. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

27 Oct 2014 04:24 #1089 by DrMike
Safety in Times of Distress

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your loving kindness in the morning, For You have been my stronghold and a refuge in the day of my distress"(Psalm 59:16, NAS).

Everyone goes through situations and circumstances in life that can cause distress, worry or anxiety. The key to overcoming these situations is exactly what David did in today's verse. Even though David's very life was at stake, He knew that His source of strength and victory was in His worship. He knew that He would find refuge during the day of distress as He sang praises to the Most High God.

No matter what you're facing in life today, realize that there's no better place for you to be than in the presence of Almighty God. Everything you need is found in Him. When you begin to worship Him, when you call upon His name, He promises to be near you. And when God shows up on the scene, the enemy must flee! Today, if you've been fighting discouragement, worry or anxiety, cast those cares on the Lord. Come into His presence with singing and enter His courts with praise. Let Him be a refuge for you and give you the strength you need to overcome every obstacle in Jesus' name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I humbly come before You today. I declare that You are good and faithful. I will sing of Your love and mercy. Fill me with Your strength and joy as I worship You. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

28 Oct 2014 04:10 #1090 by DrMike
The Path of the Righteous

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day" (Proverbs 4:18, NLTT).

Are you facing a situation that seems dark today? As a believer, God promises that your path will shine brighter and brighter as you seek His truth and righteousness in every situation in your life.

How do you seek righteousness? Righteousness is simply being in right standing with God. When you submit your life to Him and choose to obey His commands, you are seeking His righteousness, and you are on the path of the righteous! Just like today's verse says, the light of God's Word will shine brighter and brighter and will guide you in every decision you have to make.

Today, take time to ask the Lord to shine His light on you. Ask Him to confirm His plan for you. When you make His Word a priority in your life, you will experience more of His blessings. You'll see those brighter days as you move forward in the good plan He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I know that You have a wonderful plan and purpose for me. I desire to be in right standing with You. Show me Your ways and teach me to walk righteously before You. Shine Your light in my heart and give me strength
to pursue the path You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds