Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

27 Nov 2014 07:22 #1111 by DrMike
We Thank God for You!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:3–6, NIV)

Today in America, we celebrate Thanksgiving. It is a day to remember the goodness of God in our land and to thank Him for our freedoms. As we thank God for His goodness in our lives, we thank God for you, our friends, partners and supporters of this ministry. We always pray for you and believe that your best days are ahead. We know that the work God has begun in your life — He will be faithful to complete it!

Who are you thankful for in your life? Who are the people who support you, encourage you and strengthen you? Who are the people who are there to pick you up when you fall? Why don’t you tell them how much you appreciate them? Pray for them every day and pray it forward. Remember that Thanksgiving isn’t just a holiday; it’s a lifestyle! Happy Thanksgiving! May you feel His blessing today and every day of the year!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for the people You have placed in my life to support and bless me. Show me how I can be a blessing to others and show my gratitude to the people I love in Jesus’ name. Amen.
We Thank God for You!

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Nov 2014 06:54 #1112 by DrMike
This is the Will of God for You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18, NIV)

So many people today wonder what God’s will is for their lives. Oftentimes, they look for big things, signs and supernatural events. But really, God’s will for us unfolds each and every day as we obey Him and serve Him with a thankful heart.

When you wake up every morning with an attitude of praise and thanksgiving, you just took a step toward your destiny — you are walking in the will of God. When you go throughout your day thanking God that His hand of blessing is upon you, thanking Him for ordering your steps, thanking Him for a new day, you are taking another step in His will.

Today, remember to keep the right perspective. We should have goals and dreams and look forward to a bright future, but the way you live your life today is what’s going to get you to where you need to be tomorrow. Keep praising, keep believing and keep thanking Him because that’s what will keep you moving forward. Submit every area of your heart to Him and walk forward in His will for your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You today with thanksgiving in my heart and a mouth full of praise! I bless You because You are worthy! Thank You for redeeming and restoring my life. Thank You for leading me in the way everlasting as I keep my heart and mind on You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

01 Dec 2014 03:47 #1113 by DrMike
Fix Your Gaze

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you.” (Proverbs 4:25, NIV)

What are you looking at today? Not in the natural, but with your spiritual eyes. In other words, what is in the forefront of your mind and heart? Are you constantly dwelling on your problems or things that have happened in your past? In the natural, you will move in the direction that your eyes are looking.

In the spiritual, it works the same way. Whatever you focus your mind and heart on, you will move toward. That’s why the Bible tells us to look straight ahead. If you are constantly dwelling on your past, wondering “what if,” then you will stay right where you are. But if you choose to release the past through forgiveness, then you can focus on what is ahead of you.

Today, make the decision to meditate on God’s goodness and focus on His promises. Forget the past, good and bad, and fix your gaze straight ahead so you can move forward into the blessing and victory He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I set my focus on You. I choose to forget the past by forgiving others so that I can fix my gaze on Your promises. Keep me close to You always and lead me in Your path of life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

02 Dec 2014 03:49 #1114 by DrMike
The Greatness of His Favor

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us...raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.” (Ephesians 2:4–7, NKJV)

Oftentimes, people set their focus on what God has done in the past — how He parted the Red Sea or stopped the sun for Joshua or fed thousands of people with just a little boy’s small lunch. Yes, God has performed many amazing miracles throughout history. And it’s important that we give Him praise, but at the same time, we also have to look forward to what God wants to do in our lives today.

In today’s verse, Paul says that “in the ages to come” God would do things that exceed anything He’s ever done before. I believe that the “ages to come” is this day and time we’re living in right now. God wants to outdo Himself in our generation!

Remember, God is a God of increase. Where you are today is not where you are supposed to stay. He has greater levels of His favor and blessing in store for your future. Dare to dream big! Dare to keep a God-sized vision in front of you! Dare to take hold of every spiritual blessing He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for showing me Your love. Today I open my heart and mind to You so that I can see the greatness of what You want to do in my life. Use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 Dec 2014 03:46 #1115 by DrMike
He Satisfies You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“They shall not be put to shame in the time of evil; and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.” (Psalm 37:19, AMP)

Are you expecting to see God supernaturally show up in your life? Are you expecting increase and abundance? Notice this verse tells us that the righteous, those who follow God’s commands, will be satisfied even in times of famine. Even when it looks like resources are slim, God has a plan to provide for His people.

God always shows Himself strong on behalf of the people who seek Him first — even during the most difficult times. No matter what you may be facing today, God wants to show Himself strong for you. He wants to make a way where there seems to be no way. He wants to satisfy you and bless you abundantly so that you can reach out and be a blessing to the people around you. Take a step of faith today and begin to declare His promises over your life. Declare that He is the One who satisfies you and expect to see His goodness in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness. You alone can satisfy me. Search my heart today and remove any doubt or uncertainty that would try to hold me back from the wonderful blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Dec 2014 03:47 #1116 by DrMike
With Your Whole Heart

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might...” (Ecclesiastes 9:10, NIV)

When you do something to the best of your ability because you want to honor God, it opens the door to His blessing. That means it will be easier, it will go better, and you will accomplish more. That’s why no matter what we do, we should give it our best. This is especially true even in the little things. For example, when you’re doing the dishes or mowing the lawn, don’t drag around sour and frustrated. Mow with enthusiasm! Mow like you’re on a mission from God. With every step, thank God that your legs work.

Thank Him that you’re healthy and strong. At the office, don’t just do enough to get by. You’re not working unto people; you’re working unto God. Do it with your whole heart. When you volunteer at church, don’t wake up and think, “Awe, man. Why did I volunteer? I want to sleep in!” No, serve Him with all your heart because that’s what honors God. When you honor God, He’ll honor you. He’ll open the door to His blessing, and you’ll see increase in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing on my life. I choose today to serve You with my whole heart and do everything to the best of my ability. Thank You for Your faithfulness and blessing in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Dec 2014 03:46 #1117 by DrMike
Where Strength and Joy Are Found

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Honor and majesty are [found] in His presence; strength and joy are [found] in His sanctuary.” (1 Chronicles 16:27, AMP)

Do you need more strength and joy in your life? The Bible tells us that in God’s presence, there is fullness of joy — the most abundant and complete! And when you have His joy, you have His supernatural strength. There’s nothing that can come against you when you are filled with the strength and joy of the Lord.

Notice this verse says that strength and joy are found in His sanctuary. One translation says they are found “where He is.” Do you know “where He is?” His Spirit is alive in every believer. It also says that He inhabits, or manifests, in the praises of His people. That means when you begin to praise and worship God, either corporately in a church setting or privately in your personal time, God’s presence is there. You are His sanctuary, and when we worship together, God shows up in a special way.

Anytime you feel depleted or overwhelmed by life, just begin to sing a song of praise to Him. Declare His goodness and faithfulness. Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. He’ll fill you with His joy and strength because in His presence is where that’s found!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I bless You today. I thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for filling me with Your strength and joy as I praise and worship You this day in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Dec 2014 04:08 #1118 by DrMike
Sharpen Your Skills

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do you see someone skilled in their work? They will serve before kings...” (Proverbs 22:29, NIV)

Too often, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut, doing the same thing the same way over and over every day. But if we are going to live at our absolute best, we should constantly be growing and sharpening our skills. We should strive to learn and grow every single day because when we stop learning, we stop growing. When we stop growing, we stop living.

What are you doing to stretch yourself? What are you doing to improve your skills? Don’t get trapped into thinking that “good enough” is good enough. You were created for more than just average. Today is a new day, and there are new heights for you to climb. Pursue what you love and keep developing that area of your life. Take a class or find a mentor that will help you live skillfully. As scripture promises, you’ll go before leaders and rulers and excel in every area of life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I resist mediocrity. I choose to give my very best to everything I do. Teach me to live skillfully so that my life is a continual praise to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Dec 2014 03:02 #1119 by DrMike
Greater Than the Past

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the LORD Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace’...” (Haggai 2:9, NIV)

God wants to amaze you with His goodness! We are living in a day where God is increasing His favor. Maybe you have seen God’s goodness to a certain degree in the past; but in reality, you haven’t seen anything yet! God has favor in your future that will supersede anything that you’ve seen!

The scripture talks about how the glory of the latter day will be greater than the glory of the former day. That means what God did for your parents or grandparents, He’s going to surpass in your generation. The blessing and favor of past generations were good, but we serve a God of increase! He has greater things in store for your future!

Today, get your hopes up! Enlarge your vision. Be expecting God to bring opportunities across your path. Be expecting to meet the right people and get the right breaks. Prepare your heart and mind to receive the increase and expect to see greater things in your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for blessing and increasing me. I believe that You have great things in store for my future. I surrender every area of my mind, will and emotions to you in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Dec 2014 03:44 #1120 by DrMike
Answer the Door

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.” (Psalm 30:5, NLT)

Scripture says that joy comes in the morning. When you wake up each morning, God sends you a special delivery of joy. It comes knocking at your door. When you get up in faith and make the declaration that “this is going to be a good day,” do you know what you just did? You just answered the door. You just received the gift of joy that God sent to you. The problem is that some people never answer the door. Joy has been knocking for months and months, years and years saying, “Come on! Let me in! You can be happy! You can cheer up! You can enjoy your life!”

Why don’t you make up your mind to answer the door for joy! Decide to wake up every morning and say, “Father, thank You for another beautiful day. I’m going to be happy. I’m going to enjoy this day. I’m going to brighten somebody else’s life. I am choosing to answer the door and receive Your gift of joy, today!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for joy. Thank You for peace. Thank You for walking me through the difficult times. I choose to answer the door for joy every single morning so that I can walk in the strength You have given to me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.776 seconds