Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

23 Apr 2024 06:32 #3221 by DrMike
The Free You

Today's Scripture

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. 1 Corinthians 15:10, NIV

Today, life is going to try to put impatience, jealousy, compromise, and bad breaks on you to keep the true you, the person God created you to be, from coming out. The good news is that God is going to keep working on you, making and molding you until the true you comes out—the free you, the blessed you, the patient you, the victorious you. By His grace, God specializes in removing everything that’s not the true you.

Now, you need to get in agreement with God and see the free you, not the defeated you, the depressed you, the hurt you. It’s easy to carry bad breaks, hurts, shame, and feel unworthy of being blessed. Don’t believe those lies. What people did to you didn’t stop the true you. The anger and bitterness are not the true you. The true you is peaceful, loving, and kind. The true you is about to come out. What’s holding you back is being broken. The shame is being removed. You’re about to step into favor, freedom, restoration, and become the masterpiece He says you are.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my life is in Your hands—not just my strengths and gifts, but my weaknesses and shortcomings. Thank You that You are removing everything that is not the true me. I declare that by Your grace I am on the way to becoming the masterpiece You say I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2024 06:49 #3222 by DrMike
It’s with Your Father

Today's Scripture

“The father said, ‘Quick, bring me the best robe, my very own robe, and I will place it on his shoulders. Bring the ring, the seal of sonship, and I will put it on his finger. And bring out the best shoes you can find for my son. Let’s prepare a great feast and celebrate.” Luke 15:22–23, TPT

The prodigal son returned home filthy dirty with hog manure after wasting his father’s inheritance through wild living. Yet when he returned, today’s Scripture recounts his father’s response. The same is true for us when we’ve gone off course and made a mess of our lives. Despite what you’ve done, God has a robe of honor waiting for you. It’s not in the hog pen; it’s with your Father. He has a family ring that restores all the authority of sonship. It’s not in the hog pen; it’s with your Father. He has the best shoes for you. They’re not in the hog pen; they’re with your Father. He has a fatted calf and feast. They’re not in the hog pen; they’re with your Father.

When you’ve gotten off course, it’s easy to stay in the hog pen condemning yourself when God has a fatted calf out in the field with your name on it. He wants to not just receive you back but restore what’s been lost—your honor, your reputation, your joy. Arise and go to your Father.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You forgive me, imperfect as I am, and that every mistake I’ve made has already been paid for by Jesus on the cross. Thank You for Your heart of restoring love and mercy for all that I’ve lost or that’s been taken. I believe that You robe me in Your righteousness and favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

25 Apr 2024 06:30 #3223 by DrMike
Unshaken

Today's Scripture

Then he said to his servant, “Go and look out toward the sea.” The servant went and looked, then returned to Elijah and said, “I didn’t see anything.” Seven times Elijah told him to go and look. Finally the seventh time, his servant told him, “I saw a little cloud about the size of a man’s hand rising from the sea.” 1 Kings 18:43–44, NLT

After the prophet Elijah declared to King Ahab that rain was coming to end over three years of drought, he sent his assistant to look for the coming rain seven times. It’s significant that Elijah’s assistant, someone close to him, kept bringing him the news: “There are no clouds.” He didn’t mean to be negative; he was just reporting the facts. But sometimes the people closest to you will try to talk you out of what God put in your heart. They may mean well, but they didn’t hear what God spoke to you. They’ll keep telling you what they see. “Do you still think you’re going to get well? Do you think you’re going to have a bountiful year in this economy? Do you think you can find an affordable house in this sellers’ market?” You can’t let their negative comments and doubt drown out what you know God has spoken to you. They’re looking at it in the natural, but we serve a supernatural God. Don’t give up now. Where God is taking you is going to take unshakeable faith.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for every promise and every dream that You’ve put in my heart. For the ones that seem impossible and the ones I’ve given up on, I’m going to look again. I believe that You are working behind the scenes and that little cloud is starting to form. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Apr 2024 06:22 #3224 by DrMike
It’s Already Been Scheduled

Today's Scripture

“I am the LORD; when the time is right, I will do this swiftly.” Isaiah 60:22, ISV

We’re all waiting for something—for a dream to come to pass, to meet the right person, for our health to turn around. When it’s been a long time, it’s easy to get discouraged and think it’s never going to work out. But when God put the promise in your heart, He’d already scheduled your healing, your breakthrough, your promotion. He’d determined the right time to bring it to pass. There are right-time moments in your future where things will fall into place. When you understand that it’s already been scheduled by the Creator of the universe, you won’t live worried and frustrated. You’ll stay in peace, knowing that your right time is coming.

God says, “I will make it happen.” The beauty is that you don’t have to make it happen. You don’t have to manipulate things, force a door to open, make yourself get well. God is going to make it happen. You may have big obstacles, but you’re not on your own. At the right time, God will open the doors, cause you to succeed, turn your child around.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have already determined the right time to bring to pass the healing, breakthroughs, and blessings in my life. Thank You that You’ve scheduled what You’ve ordained for me. I am going to stay in peace and know that it is in Your hands to fulfill, not for me to try to make happen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Apr 2024 07:05 #3225 by DrMike
Your Mind Is the Bull’s-eye

Today's Scripture

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6–7, NIV

No matter how long you walk in the faith, you’ll never get to the place where negative, discouraging thoughts don’t come. “You’ll never recover your health, never pay off your house, never see that relationship restored.” The enemy’s main tools are deception and lies, and your mind is the bull’s-eye of his target. If he can control your thinking, he can control your life. You can’t stop negative thoughts from coming, but you don’t have to keep thinking about them.

That’s why the Scripture tells us to guard our minds, to be selective in what we allow in. If the thought is negative, discouraging, and brings in worry or fear, don’t let it in. Don’t dwell on it. Too often we just allow these negative thoughts access and go around worried, discouraged, and intimidated. Start paying attention to what you’re dwelling on. Ask yourself, where is this thought coming from? If it’s not positive, hopeful, and encouraging, it’s not from God. That’s the enemy trying to plant negative seeds. Take control of the doorway to your mind and refuse to dwell on it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can take control of the doorway to my mind and stop allowing negative thoughts to enter and play over and over. Help me to clear out all the negative thoughts from my mind and dwell on what You have to say about me. May Your peace guard my heart and mind. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Apr 2024 09:44 #3226 by DrMike
Greater Works

Today's Scripture

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.” John 14:12, ESV

When Jesus was on the Earth, He did so many amazing things, and He said we would also do these and even greater works. That requires a great faith. You may think you don’t have that much faith, but it’s in you. You just have to make the decision to believe—not in what you can do, but in what our God can do through you. On your own, you may be limited. You don’t have the qualifications, the resources, or the influence. That’s okay. You’re not on your own. You and God are a majority. When He breathes on your life, you’ll go places you’ve never dreamed.

You’ll discover talent that you hadn’t known you had. Doors will open that you couldn’t open. The right people will show up. If you do your part and have great faith, God will do His part and show out in your life. Take the limits off God and start believing for the greater works He has for you to do. You haven’t seen, heard, or imagined what God has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the greater works that You have planned to do through me. Thank You that You created me to release my faith and believe that I can make a difference in the world. I declare that I refuse to let fear and unbelief hold me back. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 May 2024 06:20 #3227 by DrMike
Who’s Your Source?

Today's Scripture

“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?” Luke 1:34, NIV

The angel told Mary she would conceive and give birth to Jesus, the Messiah, without knowing a man. He was talking about the physical, but this has meaning for us as well. God was showing us that you’re not dependent on people. What you’re believing for can happen without getting your manager at work to like you or talking your friend into giving you a good break. You don’t need who you think you need. People are not your source; God is your source. When it’s your time, when God shows up in His power, nothing can stand in His way. Chains will break, doors will open, and opportunity will come. It can happen without a bank, without the treatment, without the experience, without the resources, without the connections. God is about to surprise you. As with Mary, it’s going to be something you’ve never seen. Something that’s never happened in your family. Something that defies the odds, that catapults you into your destiny. Just stay focused on your true source.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are my provider, the source of everything good in my life. Thank You that I am not dependent upon other people, but it is Your favor that brings me the right people and the right connections. I will stay focused on You, knowing You make happen what no person can make happen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 May 2024 07:13 #3228 by DrMike
Beauty for Ashes

Today's Scripture

He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted... to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes... Isaiah 61:1,3, NIV

There are a lot of hurting people in our world today. Whether we show it or not, we are all fighting a battle. After the incident we experienced last Sunday, many of us may be fighting fear and confusion.

In the book of Isaiah, the Israelites went through a devastating exile. But God spoke to the prophet Isaiah and promised that He would turn their ashes into beauty.

No matter what we face or what we have been through, like the Israelites, God gives us beauty for our ashes. He can bind up wounds and heal heartaches. And, like Isaiah, God is counting on us to let others know that He can do the same for them. Your encouragement can be what lifts someone out of despair.

Take heart knowing that God loves you and your life is in His hands. Reach out to someone else to let them know that He is looking out for them too. Don’t let the day go by without encouraging someone. There are hurting people God has put in your path for such a time as this.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that you have a plan for me and that You give beauty for ashes. Help me to use my words to encourage and speak life and blessing into the people around me. Help me share Your love with them just as You share it with me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

03 May 2024 07:07 #3229 by DrMike
Stay in Balance

Today's Scripture

Then Jesus said, “Let’s go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile.” He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostles didn’t even have time to eat. Mark 6:31, NLT

Everywhere Jesus went, He was healing people, teaching in the synagogues, pouring Himself into His disciples. People made constant demands on His time and energies. Imagine how He felt. As the Son of God, He had this incredible power, anointing, wisdom, so much to offer. Yet at times, when He was exhausted, He would go away from the crowds and get alone so He could be refreshed. Despite the pressing needs around Him, Jesus knew that He had to take care of His temple.

If the Son of God had to be alone and rest, if He couldn’t meet all the demands of the people around Him, why do we think we can go all the time and be everything for everyone? No matter how anointed, strong, smart, or gifted you are, you get depleted. Despite all the needs around you, you have to get alone and recharge your batteries. There will always be needs, always be something to do, always be someone who needs your attention. You have to make it a priority to stay in balance.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know my needs and You make provisions for me all along my life journey. Thank You for the example of how Jesus would get away and be refreshed when He was tired. Help me to be wise about taking care of myself and living balanced. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds