Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 Feb 2024 06:20 #3171 by DrMike
Don’t Bottle It Up

Today's Scripture

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32, NIV

We’re all aware of the damage that toxic waste sites do to the soil, the water, the air, and the people nearby. Negative emotions are like that. You can’t bury the anger, the hurt, the rejection, or the betrayal inside and think it’s not going to contaminate and poison you. When you bottle up negative emotions, they never die and they always leak out and resurface. At some point that poison will contaminate not just your dreams, your attitude, and your vision, but it will poison your relationship with the people in your life. It will drain out your joy, your peace, your creativity.

The good news is that you can get that toxic waste out of you. Don’t bottle up the bitterness, the guilt, or the resentment. Let it go. You have to forgive and release the person and give what happened to you to God. It wasn’t right what they did, but you’re forgiving so you can be free. You’re letting it go so you can see beauty for the ashes. This is your time to be free.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can prevent my life from becoming a toxic waste site of negative emotions. Show me if there is anything that is causing me to be bitter or resentful, and help me to forgive any person who hurt me and to release to You what happened. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2024 06:57 #3172 by DrMike
Beneath the Surface

Today's Scripture

“Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly.” John 7:24, NLT

You may have heard that it takes six seconds to make a first impression. Most people don’t realize how many times they look at someone and instantly decide if they’re going to like them or not. The Scripture says that man looks at the outward appearance of others while God looks at the heart. You can’t see a person’s heart as He can, but as Jesus said, you can look beneath the surface. You can take time to get to know someone who might look or act differently than you. Don’t just write someone off because they don’t measure up to your standards. You never know how God will use that relationship in your life.

Jesus said, “Whatever you’ve done to the least of these, you’ve done to Me.” In other words, when we make quick judgments about people, it’s as if we are making quick judgments about God. Don’t fall into that trap. Instead, look beneath the surface. Look for the good in others, find some common ground, and watch God bless you with new friends you never imagined.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for seeing my heart, for seeing the best in me and overlooking my faults. Help me to look beneath the surface of other people and see what You see. I want to see others through Your eyes. Show me how to connect with others and be a blessing everywhere I go. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

05 Feb 2024 05:54 #3173 by DrMike
The Hand of Blessing

Today's Scripture

You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Psalm 139:5, NLT

In the Old Testament, when an elderly father was about to pass, he would place his hand on his children’s heads and speak what was called “the blessing.” These faith-filled words would help set the direction for their lives. Some of us have received this blessing from fathers who spoke faith into us, but many of us are like David, whose father only told him what he couldn’t become. But David knew that God had placed His hand of blessing on him. As powerful as the blessing is from your natural father, imagine your Heavenly Father placing His hand of blessing on you right now. Jesus also laid hands on people and healed the sick. Laying on of hands was a significant moment, a transfer of power and healing. When the Most High God placed His hand of blessing on your head, He marked you for favor, for greatness, for healing, to overcome obstacles. What other people do cannot stop this blessing. You are not limited or lacking. Live as a marked man, a marked woman, with the Father’s blessing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for placing Your hand of blessing upon my life. Thank You for marking me for favor and for a blessing that is on my career, on my family, and on my health. I believe that I am blessed and stand out because I am Your child, and no one can take that away. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Feb 2024 07:43 #3174 by DrMike
Complete Your Incompletions

Today's Scripture

It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah. Luke 2:26, NIV

In today’s Scripture, you can imagine how far out the revelation given by the Holy Spirit to a man named Simeon seemed. As time went by, and Simeon didn’t see any sign of the Messiah, I’m sure the negative thoughts came: “You heard God wrong. It’s been too long. It’s never going to happen.” Nevertheless, Simeon awakened every morning believing, expecting, and knowing that it would happen, and one day he met the newborn Jesus in the temple. The promise came to a dramatic fulfillment and Simeon declared, “My eyes have seen Your salvation!”

Life will try to push you down, steal your dreams, and talk you into settling for less than what God promises. Will you stay in faith, even though every voice tells you that it’s not happening? God is saying to you what He said to Simeon: “You need to get ready. I am going to finish what I started. No one and nothing can stop Me from fulfilling My promises to you. I will complete your incompletions, even the secret petitions of your heart.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You will bring to completion the good work You began in me. Thank You that the fulfillment of my dreams is on the way, even the secret petitions of my heart. I believe that You will complete my incompletions and equip me to do what You put me here to do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Feb 2024 05:34 #3175 by DrMike
Check Your Mind-set

Today's Scripture

“And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins.” Mark 2:22, NIV

It’s easy to get stuck in life and think that we’ve gone as far as we can. We can’t break an addiction, we can’t get well, or we’ll never accomplish a dream. What’s holding us back many times is our own thinking. Jesus says that no one puts new wine into old wineskins. When a wineskin gets old, the leather becomes hard and rigid. If you put new wine in it, the wine expands and bursts the wineskin. Jesus is saying, “You can’t have a new life with old thinking.” If you think you’ve reached your limits, then you have. If you think the problem is too big, then it is. If you think you’ll never meet the right person, you probably won’t. It’s not that God doesn’t have blessings, favor, and increase. It’s that your wineskin is old. You have to get a new mind-set. Start believing bigger, dreaming bigger, expecting bigger. You’re not limited by your circumstances, by the setback, by your boss, by how you were raised. One touch of God’s favor will catapult you ahead.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You created me to live an abundant life, not a life that’s stuck in the old. Thank You that You are a God of increase, and You always have something bigger in my future. Help me to get rid of the old wineskin of a limited mind-set and to believe and expect bigger. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Feb 2024 08:42 #3176 by DrMike
Not by Your Strength

Today's Scripture

“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Luke 1:38, NIV

It would have been so easy for Mary to doubt the angel’s promise that she would give birth to Jesus without a man being involved. But consider Mary’s response: “I am the Lord’s child. I will accept whatever He wants. May everything you said come true.” Instead of focusing on how this was possible, she switched over to who she was. “I know who I am. I am the Lord’s child. I am favored. I am blessed. I am anointed.”

Why don’t you do as Mary did and leave the how up to God and just stay focused on who you are. “Lord, thank You that You’re my Father and You’re taking me where I can’t go on my own.” The dreams in your heart may seem impossible, but the how is not up to you. The power of the Most High is going to work it out. Take the pressure off yourself. Quit living worried and frustrated. It’s not going to be by your strength, but by the Spirit of the living God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Mary could believe Your promise because she knew she was Your servant and child. Thank You that no word from You has ever failed. I believe that I am Your child and servant as well, and Your words to me will be fulfilled. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

09 Feb 2024 06:18 #3177 by DrMike
Joyously

Today's Scripture

“So don’t ever be afraid, dearest friends! Your loving Father joyously gives you his kingdom with all its promises!” Luke 12:32, TPT

Too often, instead of believing that God will do something special for us personally, we believe the lies that tell us just the opposite. “You can’t ask for what you really want. That would be selfish. You don’t deserve it. Who do you think you are to even ask for it?” Yet the Scripture says your loving Father joyously gives you His kingdom with all its promises. He says that so you’ll have the boldness to ask for big things, for God-sized dreams that honor Him.

In all the big things you ever ask God for, you won’t hear Him say, “Who are you to ask for that?” Just the opposite. God will be whispering, “You’re the apple of My eye, My most prized possession. I love the fact that you come to Me and dare to believe that I can do the impossible.” Of course, everything you’ll ask for won’t come to pass, but there will be times when you see God show out in your life in ways greater than you ever imagined.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You joyously give me Your kingdom with all its promises. Thank You for encouraging me to come to You and dare to ask big. I declare that I am asking You to show out through my life in ways I never imagined. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Feb 2024 07:02 #3178 by DrMike
Stop Striving

Today's Scripture

“Stop striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted on the earth.” Psalm 46:10, NASB

It’s easy to go through life thinking we have to make everything happen—make our business grow, make ourselves get well, make our child do right. There’s this constant pressure to fix something, to improve in some area, so we live striving, trying to force doors to open, to do better, to work harder. There’s no rest, no peace inside. You weren’t created to live that way. As long as you’re in this striving mode, trying to fix everything, you’re not going to know that He’s God, and you’re not going to see His favor and His goodness as you should.

It’s very freeing when you realize that if you keep God first place, He’ll bring what you need. All the striving does is to wear you out, causing you to feel overwhelmed, keeping you awake at night, giving you digestive problems. Take the pressure off. You can’t make people do what’s right, make your coworker like you, make your finances turn around. Your job is to be your best each day, to honor God, and He will bring dreams to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can stop striving and know that You are God. Help me to stop trying to change what only You can change and stop trying to fix things over which I have no control. I declare that I’m going to stay in peace and know that You are in control. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Feb 2024 07:00 #3179 by DrMike
A Comeback for Every Setback

Today's Scripture

Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and prayerful always. Romans 12:12, TLB

It’s easy to let difficulties and disappointments cause us to lose our passion in life and stop believing for things to turn around. But if you could see what God has planned for you—the doors He’s going to open, the people you’re going to meet, the giants you’re going to defeat—you would go out each day excited about your future. You’d have the expectancy that allows God to do great things. He has a comeback for every setback, a new beginning for every loss, mercy for every mistake. He’s already planned to bring you out better, to heal you, to promote you.

When you realize this, it changes your perspective. You know there’s not a problem you’ll face where God hasn’t already lined up a solution—the right people, the breaks you need, the favor. There’s not a dream for which God hasn’t already arranged the wisdom, the creativity, the connections, or the funding. When you know that the Most High God has planned out your days, you can be glad and live out of a place of rest.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in the midst of challenges and setbacks, I can rest in the security of knowing that You have a plan that You are working out for me. Thank You that Your favor is upon me. I believe that You will bring me out better than ever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

14 Feb 2024 06:35 #3180 by DrMike
Great Faith

Today's Scripture

When Jesus heard this, he marveled and said to those who followed him, “Truly, I tell you, with no one in Israel have I found such faith.” Matthew 8:10, ESV

In today’s Scripture, a Roman officer came to Jesus and asked Him to heal his dying servant. But rather than have Jesus come to his house, the officer said, “Just speak the word, and I know my servant will be healed.” No one had ever so believed in the power and authority of Jesus to heal, and it caused Jesus to marvel. This officer wasn’t Jewish or even a follower of Christ, yet he had more faith than the disciples. Having great faith is not about being a religious scholar or how long you pray. It’s about a faith that takes the limits off God.

Let’s be people who cause God to marvel over our faith and not over our doubt. Let’s be people who dare to believe and ask bigger, who dare to do something that causes God to be amazed. Whatever level your faith is at, it’s time to step it up and believe bigger. God is doing a new thing, but it’s not going to happen with a comfortable or average faith. God is looking for great faith.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being the God who only needs to speak the word and miracles happen, situations turn around, and lives are changed. Help me to believe and ask bigger. I want to be one of the ones who always believes that You can do the impossible. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.984 seconds