Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 Dec 2023 06:26 #3131 by DrMike
The Weight of Glory

Today's Scripture

For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. 2 Corinthians 4:17, ESV

Glory means honor, favor, and influence. We like those things, but we don’t always realize there’s a weight that comes with it. If you’re not prepared for it, the favor won’t be a blessing, it will be a burden. We have to pass some tests before God will trust us with the weight of glory. The delays, the disappointments, and the bad breaks are tests ordered by the Lord. Will you be good to people who are not being good to you? Will you stay in faith when you’re overlooked for a promotion or a setback slows your dreams? These are all opportunities to prove to God that you can handle the weight of glory.

When you understand that God uses difficulties to get us prepared, to stretch our faith, to change us, you don’t complain when things don’t go your way. You realize it’s serving a purpose. When you do the right thing when the wrong thing is happening, you’re getting ready to carry the weight of glory. That’s why God doesn’t remove everything instantly, so be patient.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that the difficulties I face are temporary and are working in me an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. Thank You that Your plans for me are for good, and greater is coming. I believe I’m going to make it through and come out better. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2023 07:06 #3132 by DrMike
You Gotta Let It Go!

Today's Scripture

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:37, NIV

We all go through disappointments, things that are not fair. It’s easy to hold on to the hurts, to think about the negative things people have said to us, to relive the offense. We get up in the morning, and it’s the first thing that comes to mind. We don’t realize how much that’s affecting us. It’s souring our attitude, draining our energy, and limiting our creativity. If you’re going to fulfill your destiny, you have to get good at letting things go.

In Luke 17:1, Jesus said, “It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come!” (NKJV). He didn’t say they might come. He didn’t say that if you’re a good person and you’re nice all the time, nobody will do you wrong. He says that disappointments will come. Betrayals will come. Things that are not fair will come. How you deal with these offenses, how you handle the hurts, will determine whether you move forward and see the new things God has in store or whether you get stuck, bitter over what didn’t work out.

I’ve heard it said that if you don’t heal from emotional wounds, you will bleed on people who had nothing to do with them. How many people are living wounded over how they were raised, a friend who walked away, or a business partner who cheated them? Instead of letting it go, they replay it over and over in their mind, reliving all the hurt. Then they wonder why they don’t have good relationships. It’s because they haven’t healed. They’re living out of a wounded place.

God brings a new person into their life, somebody great, but they’re so insecure. They don’t feel valuable or attractive. This new person has to go overboard to make sure they know how great they are. The problem is that it’s not sustainable. Until you get well, you can’t develop healthy relationships. Until you stop carrying the hurt, you’ll burden other people with it. Until you let go of what didn’t work out, that wound is going to hinder you wherever you go.

If you’re still wounded over a position you lost unfairly in one company, you’ll go to a new company being defensive, on edge, and not friendly. You’ll treat your new boss and coworkers based on what you’ve been through, but they had nothing to do with it. It’s much more freeing when you learn to let things go. It wasn’t fair. God will be your vindicator. He’ll take care of who did you wrong. It’s not your job to pay people back.

They hurt you once; don’t let them continue to hurt you by holding on to it. You lost a loved one, which I know is painful, and it’s healthy to go through a season of mourning, but you can’t hold on to the hurt. Living in mourning is going to keep new doors from opening. You have to heal so you can see new relationships and new opportunities.

Reflection

Past hurts, old wounds, recent betrayals, fresh disappointments . . . Your pain may be recent or years in the past, but learning to let it go will change your life today for the better. What do you need to let go of today?

What dreams do you have that are being hindered by bitterness or unforgiveness? How much more could you accomplish if you started letting things go? Reflect on this and write about it.

Declaration

Today, I declare that old hurts and wounds no longer have a hold on me. I will forgive everyone who has wronged me and let go of every offense. I will forgive myself, and I will be free. I declare that, like He did with David, God will restore everything that has been taken from me. I declare that my Heavenly Father is in control and will bring breakthroughs in ways I could never have imagined.

Prayer

Dear God, I come to You today with an open heart. I understand that when I bury negative emotions deep inside, they never truly go away. I can’t hold on to anger, hurt, or betrayal and expect them not to affect me. Help me to forgive those who have hurt me, no matter how deeply. Help me to forgive, just as You have forgiven me. I know now that forgiving is not just for their sake but for my own well-being. Thank You that You make all things new and that I can experience the freedom, joy, and victory You have planned for me. I ask for Your strength and guidance to release these negative emotions and step into a new level of happiness and triumph. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

08 Dec 2023 03:28 #3133 by DrMike
By This I Know

Today's Scripture

By this I know that You are well pleased with me, because my enemy does not triumph over me. Psalm 41:11, NKJV

Are you facing difficulties that seem too big? Perhaps you never dreamed you would be battling a sickness, that your marriage would be in trouble, or the company wouldn’t need you. God is saying, “I’m still in control. It’s not a surprise to Me.” He already has the solution lined up—the right people, the healing, the promotion, the breakthroughs.

I’ve learned to recognize that God is pleased with me not by the battles that He’s stopped, but by the battles that didn’t stop me. You can’t judge God’s favor by the battles He kept you out of, but by the battles He brought you through. David was saying, “I know God is pleased with me because in the time of testing He defeated my enemies for me.” The Scripture says you will go through the fire and not be burned, and you will go through the waters and not drown. Don’t get discouraged over what God is bringing you through. He won’t allow you to get in a difficulty that He can’t bring you out of.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the history I have with You and for every time You have not allowed the enemy to triumph over me. Thank You for all the times when You’ve shown me that You are pleased with me. By this I know that I will triumph. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Dec 2023 08:31 #3134 by DrMike
Dealing with Difficult People

Today's Scripture

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21, NIV

You’ll always have someone in your life who is difficult and gets on your nerves. It might be a jealous coworker, a rude neighbor, or a critical relative. How you handle difficult people will determine how high you go. If you treat them the way they treat you, you’ll get stuck. If they’re disrespectful, and you’re disrespectful back, that will keep you from going further.

The apostle Paul says that we overcome evil with good. You never overcome disrespect with more disrespect. You never get ahead by doing to others what they do to you. That’s a test of your character. God is seeing what He can trust you with. Will you stay on the high road, overlook the insult, and be kind in your response? You only have so much emotional energy each day for your dreams, to pursue your goals, to enjoy your family. It wastes a lot of energy to get upset, to live offended, to think about what they said, to try to straighten them out. Don’t spend it on things that don’t matter.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that in every way possible Jesus overcame evil by doing good. Thank You that I can stay on the high road and overcome evil by doing good as well. Help me to stay respectful in all of my conversations and every situation and to walk away when necessary. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Dec 2023 07:23 #3135 by DrMike
Uncommon Faith

Today's Scripture

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. Joshua 10:13, NIV

Joshua was in the midst of a great battle. The sun was going down, and Joshua knew that if he couldn’t get the enemy’s army totally defeated, they would rise up later and cause problems. So he asked God to stop the sun, something that had never been done before. God said in effect, “Joshua, if you’re bold enough to ask it, I’m bold enough to do it.” His uncommon faith brought a smile to God’s face. God interrupted the entire universe because one man had uncommon faith.

Uncommon faith is above and beyond. It gives you a boldness and a confidence to believe for the extraordinary and step into the unknown. You believe God can do anything. Average faith says, “God, help me to survive this recession.” Uncommon faith says, “God, I believe You will prosper me in the midst of this recession.” Uncommon faith says, “I’m not only coming out of this problem, I’m coming out better off than I was before.” You are a child of the Most High God, so be full of uncommon faith.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise of Your blessing on my life that is supernatural. I believe that You will multiply me even in the midst of famine and make me an example of Your goodness to others. I am going to keep doing the right thing and expecting You to show out in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

13 Dec 2023 07:00 #3136 by DrMike
Yesterday, Today, and Forever

Today's Scripture

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8, NIV

It’s so important to understand that our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is always with you and for you. What He’s done for others, He will do for you. The same God who displayed His favor in the Scripture is still at work today. He wants to open new doors of favor, to line up supernatural appointments, and to bring new increases and provisions just as He did for Abraham, Joseph, and Elijah. The question is, are you ready to receive it? Can you see it with your eyes of faith?

And when God pours out His favor, it won’t be just a drizzle. It’s going to be a flood—a flood of ideas, a flood of good breaks, a flood of talent and of opportunities for you to increase your influence in amazing ways. Don’t shrink back in doubt. Keep believing, keep hoping, and keep praising, because the same favor that was in the Scripture is coming your way. Dare to take those steps of faith and receive all that He has for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the same in Your character yesterday, today, and forever. Thank You for Your favor and blessings that are available to me each and every day. I believe and declare that a flood of ideas, good breaks, and talent is coming my way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

14 Dec 2023 08:04 #3137 by DrMike
A Heart of Compassion

Today's Scripture

If anyone…sees his brother and fellow believer in need, yet closes his heart of compassion against him, how can the love of God live and remain in him? 1 John 3:17, AMPC

In Matthew 20, when two blind beggars cried out for Jesus to have mercy on them, it says that “Jesus stopped and called them,” then He healed them. Jesus always took time for people. He was never too busy with His own agenda, with His own plans. He wasn’t so caught up in Himself that He was unwilling to stop and help any person in need. He could have easily said, “Listen, I have a schedule to keep.” But no, Jesus had compassion on people. He freely gave of His life.

Make sure that you keep your heart of compassion open. We need to be willing to be interrupted and inconvenienced if it means we can help meet someone’s needs. Sometimes if we would just take the time to listen to them, we could help initiate a healing process in his or her life. If you can open your heart of compassion and be that person’s friend—without judging or condemning—and simply have an ear to listen, you could make a difference in that person’s life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have poured Your love into my heart through the Holy Spirit. Thank You that You have opened my spirit to be compassionate and kind and merciful to others like You are. I want to do the things that are on Your heart for others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

15 Dec 2023 07:07 #3138 by DrMike
Name Your Future

Today's Scripture

She named the child Ichabod (which means “Where is the glory?”), for she said, “Israel’s glory is gone.” She named him this because the Ark of God had been captured. 1 Samuel 4:21, NLT

In the Scripture, an Israelite lady was about to give birth when she heard that the ark of the covenant had been stolen. The ark signified the presence of God with the Israelites. When she gave birth, she was so distraught that she named her son, Ichabod, which means “the glory has departed.” She named her future based on her past. She could have just as easily named him “the glory will return.” But she was so caught up in the disappointment and heartache that it soured her future.

We may be doing the same thing today. We can be so focused on what didn’t work out, on who hurt us, or on what we lost that we don’t think it’s ever going to change. Don’t name your future based on your past. Get that Ichabod spirit off you. This is a new day. God is doing a new thing. Name your future “blessed, prosperous, victorious, healthy, strong, wise, and talented.” The weight of the negative is going to pale in comparison to the weight of glory.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Your plans for me are for good to give me a bright future and hope. Thank You that the difficulties I face are temporary and pale in comparison to the weight of glory that is coming. I declare that I will not name my future based upon my past. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

18 Dec 2023 06:28 #3139 by DrMike
Overwhelming Victory

Today's Scripture

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. Romans 8:37, NLT

During the thirteen years between when Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers to when he was made prime minister of Egypt, practically every day he suffered and had to fight having a victim mentality. Thoughts would whisper, “You keep doing the right thing and yet you’re the victim of others’ wrongs.” But Joseph’s attitude was: “I refuse to be a victim of my brothers, of the slave traders, of Potiphar’s wife whose lie sent me to prison, of the butler who forgot about me after I helped him. They tried to harm me, but I know God means it for my good.”

Despite what people do and say, nobody can force you to have a victim mentality. You have to give permission to become a victim. “I’m at a disadvantage. I’m going to feel sorry for myself. This bad break has stopped my future.” Don’t allow that victim mentality to enter your thinking. You have to dig down deep and say, “No, thanks. Despite what’s been done, I am going to see an overwhelming victory through Christ Jesus.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise of an overwhelming victory through Jesus. Thank You for Your love and that I am Your child, a victor and not a victim of circumstances. I’m going to stay in peace knowing that no obstacle that stands in my way can stop Your plan. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

19 Dec 2023 07:25 #3140 by DrMike
Share the Precious Gift of Faith

Today's Scripture

It so happened that Aram, on one of its raiding expeditions against Israel, captured a young girl who became a maid to Naaman’s wife. One day she said to her mistress, “Oh, if only my master could meet the prophet of Samaria, he would be healed of his skin disease.” 2 Kings 5:2–3, MSG

Naaman was a captain in the Syrian army, very respected and influential, but he had leprosy. Despite all his success, all the honor, he had this painful disease that would eventually take him away from his family. His future did not look good. There was a young girl who had been captured and taken against her will from Israel and now was the maid to Naaman’s wife. This young lady could have been bitter, but instead she offered the hope of healing to a man who was not raised to know about Jehovah. She was a friend with faith who shared her faith. Naaman went to the prophet Elijah, received his healing, and became a believer in the true God.

Be a friend with faith who prays for a coworker, encourages a neighbor, gives help to someone in need. You are full of power, full of healing, full of freedom, full of victory. Your faith can lift them up and your words can speak life into them. God is counting on you to share the precious gift of faith you have.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for showing me Your mercy over and over again and bringing me to faith. Help me to have a heart that is always looking for opportunities to share my faith with others, even if it’s a Naaman. I want to be a friend with faith. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds