Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

20 Dec 2023 07:00 #3141 by DrMike
Fully Restored

Today's Scripture

“The father said, ‘Quick, bring me the best robe, my very own robe, and I will place it on his shoulders. Bring the ring, the seal of sonship, and I will put it on his finger. And bring out the best shoes you can find for my son.’” Luke 15:22, TPT

If you’re familiar with the parable of the prodigal son, you know this young man had wasted all his father’s inheritance on partying and returned home dirty, broken, desperate, and feeling worthless. But when the father, who represents God, saw his son, he ran to him and embraced him. He immediately fully restored his son with the best robe, the family ring, and new shoes. Seeing him, no one would have believed he had made such poor decisions and ended up eating with hogs.

The parable shows that when God restores us, we come out fully restored, full of joy, with gifts coming out, healthy, blessed, and prosperous. Get rid of the lie that says, “You’ll always be at a disadvantage. Look at the mistakes you’ve made.” That’s the enemy trying to keep you feeling condemned and unworthy and from putting on the best robe. Don’t take that bait. Put on the Father’s robe of righteousness and favor. Put on the ring of authority that has your name on it. He’s bringing you into a place of destiny.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You forgive me, imperfect as I am, and that every mistake I’ve made has already been paid for by Jesus on the cross. Thank You for Your heart of compassion, love, and restoring mercy. I believe that You robe me in Your righteousness and favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2023 07:12 #3142 by DrMike
First Place

Today's Scripture

In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success. Proverbs 3:6, TLB

In 1 Kings 17, the prophet Elijah asked a starving widow to do something that seemed selfish. He said, “Before you make your final meal from the last of your grain and oil, make me a loaf of bread.” But with it came God’s promise of overflowing provision if she would keep Him first place and do as Elijah asked.

God is saying, “Keep Me first place in your life, let Me direct your steps and decisions, and I’ll crown your efforts with success.” When you wake up in the morning, don’t meet with anyone until you first meet with God. Take time to thank Him for the day. Thank Him for who He is. Thank Him that He’s the giver of all good things, that He’s your protector, your provider, your healer, and your way maker. All through the day, under your breath, you can talk to God and say, “Lord, thank You for watching over my children. Lord, help me to be my best at work today. Lord, direct me in everything I do and say.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You invited me into a relationship with You. I want, in everything I do, to put You first and have You direct my life. Thank You for speaking to me through Your Word. I believe that You will crown my efforts with success. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

22 Dec 2023 07:08 #3143 by DrMike
Do You Have to Understand?

Today's Scripture

Since the Lord is directing our steps, why try to understand everything that happens along the way? Proverbs 20:24, TLB

When you study the lives of the heroes of the faith, you see that twists and turns, delays, detours, and disappointments were the norm. So, are you frustrated because you don’t understand something that’s happened to you, upset over a bad break, worried because of a delay? How do you know it’s not the hand of God leading you to your throne? How do you know that you’re not a Joseph or a David? How do you know that you’re not right on course, right on schedule, to see what God promised you? It may not happen like you think. God uses difficulties to position us for destiny. What you’re upset about is a necessary step. That closed door or delay is instrumental in you reaching your purpose. Don’t try to understand everything that happens along the way. God works in mysterious ways. If you’re trying to figure everything out, you’re going to get confused. There are things you’re not supposed to understand. That’s what faith is all about.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who is directing my steps. Thank You that You are in control and that I don’t have to understand every detail along the way. I believe You are using it to transport me to my purpose. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Dec 2023 06:49 #3144 by DrMike
The Prince of Peace

Today's Scripture

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6, NIV

Beyond the great food, beyond the Christmas gifts, beyond the lights and music, God reminds us of the most wonderful gift that has ever been given…this gift is Jesus. The babe in the manger. The Savior of the world, who brought the promise of unconditional love, unending hope, and eternal life to every person who believes in Him. He is our Prince of Peace. Jesus doesn’t just have peace; He is peace. He gives us peace that passes understanding, peace that never changes, peace that can never be taken away.

The apostle Paul put it this way: “Thanks be to God for his Son—a gift too wonderful for words.” Jesus is God’s perfect, indescribable gift. And the amazing thing is that not only are we personally able to receive this gift that is too wonderful for words, but we are able to share Him with others today and every day. We need to make sure our hearts are ready, both to receive Christ’s love and to extend it to others. This is what Christmas is all about.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the perfect, indescribable gift of Your Son Jesus, my Prince of peace. Thank You for the gift of eternal life, the unending hope found in Him, and the unconditional love You have given me. I look forward to sharing this gift with others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Dec 2023 07:40 #3145 by DrMike
This Present Step

Today's Scripture

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Psalm 37:23, NKJV

Most of us are very focused on the destination for our life, on our dream coming to pass, on our problems turning around. But it’s important that you learn to enjoy where you are today while you’re on the way to where you’re going. Life is not about the destination; it’s about the journey—with all the bumps in the road, the disappointments, the things you don’t understand. Too often we rush through the day, trying to force our way through the challenges and setbacks to the destination when we should slow down and enjoy the journey. You’re going to be frustrated living like that.

You have to realize that God is ordering your steps. Oftentimes the journey He leads us on is not comfortable, but all the difficulties, delays, and betrayals are a part of His plan to get us to our destiny. He will work all these things for your good. Stay in the present. Take it one day at a time. You don’t have grace for tomorrow. You have grace for this present step.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have a destination for my life as well as a journey to enjoy while I’m getting there. Thank You that You purposefully order my steps in the way that is best for me. I believe that You have given me the grace for this present step and that it’s working for my good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

27 Dec 2023 06:59 #3146 by DrMike
Get Outside Your Tent

Today's Scripture

And He brought him outside [his tent into the starlight] and said, Look now toward the heavens and count the stars—if you are able to number them. Then He said to him, So shall your descendants be. Genesis 15:5, AMPC

When God promised Abraham that he was going to be the father of many nations, he was seventy-five years old. There was no way in the natural that he and Sarah could have a baby. It looked impossible, but God was saying, “Abraham, as long as you’re in your tent, all you see is you and Sarah. You’re only focused on what you can accomplish. You have to get outside your tent and look up. Bring Me into the picture. I’m your Heavenly Father. Get your eyes off your impossibilities and keep your eyes on Me.”

When you’re in your tent, all you see is your limitations, how you were raised, what you can’t do. You have to get out of your tent and have a bigger vision. You’re not doing life on your own. Your Heavenly Father controls the universe. He makes ways when you don’t see ways. If you get a new perspective and start believing that good things are coming, you’ll see your Heavenly Father turn impossible situations around and take you further than you ever dreamed.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for calling me to come out of my tent and get a bigger vision of what You can do. Thank You for the new perspectives You give that remind me of the promises You have spoken over me. I declare that I am going to keep my eyes looking up to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

28 Dec 2023 07:36 #3147 by DrMike
Expect His Favor

Today's Scripture

The women said to Naomi: “Praise be to the LORD, who this day has not left you without a guardian-redeemer. May he become famous throughout Israel! He will renew your life and sustain you in your old age.” Ruth 4:14–15, NIV

After the death of her husband and two sons, Naomi felt heartbroken, empty, and bitter. But when her daughter-in-law Ruth fell in love and married Boaz and had a baby named Obed, Naomi’s life was renewed. She took care of that baby like he was her own son and was happier than she’d ever dreamed. What’s significant is that Obed became the grandfather of David, and out of David’s family line, Jesus came. Naomi couldn’t see it, but through her heartbreak she became instrumental in our Savior being born.

You may be at an empty place. Perhaps you don’t see how you could ever be happy again. If Naomi were here, she would tell you that’s not how your story ends. God has things in your future better than you’ve imagined. You may not understand the hardship right now, but trust Him. It’s all a part of His plan. Keep believing, keep living with passion, keep expecting His favor. He’s going to take you to a blessed place where you’re more fulfilled and more rewarded than you’ve ever been.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You know best when it comes to the difficulties that come into my life. Thank You that Your plans are always so much more fulfilling and bigger than my plan. I declare that You are in control, and at the right time You will get me to where You want me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Dec 2023 06:56 #3148 by DrMike
Trust His Plan

Today's Scripture

Your faithfulness extends to every generation, like the earth you created; it endures by your decree, for everything serves your plans. Psalm 119:91, TLB

The Scripture says that God’s ways are not our ways. We think that it’s just the good breaks, the promotions, and the great relationships that serve God’s plan, but it’s also the disappointments, the closed doors, and the people who do us wrong. Without that happening, we couldn’t reach our destiny. You have to trust God’s process. We see the negative things as hindrances, but it is all necessary to become who we are created to be.

We all go through things that don’t make sense, but God wouldn’t have allowed it if it wasn’t going to serve His plan. This is when you have to dig down deep and wait upon Him in faith. Just keep moving forward, doing the right thing, being faithful, serving others. God is not going to waste anything you go through. What was meant for your harm, He will turn to your advantage. You’re about to come out to new levels. You’re going to go places that you’ve never gone and see favor that you’ve never seen. God is doing a new thing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are able to make all things serve me for my good, even the negative things that stress me out and seem to be holding me back. Thank You that I can stay in peace and trust the process. I believe that You are working out Your plan for my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

01 Jan 2024 07:38 #3149 by DrMike
Happiness Is a Choice

Today's Scripture

Dear brothers, is your life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy, for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow. James 1:2–3, TLB

When we wake up in the morning, we get to choose how we’re going to live that day. We can choose to live in faith, happy, expecting favor. Or we can choose to live discouraged, defeated, focused on our difficulties. Happiness doesn’t happen automatically; it’s a choice we have to make. The first thing in the morning you have to make the decision: “I’m going to live this day happy. I’m going to see the good, be grateful, love my family, and enjoy this day.” You can’t allow negative circumstances decide for you and cause you to choose to live discouraged and have a lousy day.

Psalm 39 says, “Joy comes in the morning.” Every morning God sends you a fresh supply of joy. You can dismiss it and think, “This is not for me. I have too much coming against me.” Or you can receive it and say, “Things may not be perfect in my life, but I know God is on the throne, and His plans for me are for good, so I’m going to enjoy this day.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what difficulties I face, I don’t have to live unhappy, discouraged, and defeated. Thank You that I can choose to live in faith, to be happy, and to enjoy this day. I believe and receive the fresh supply of joy that You have for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

02 Jan 2024 07:59 #3150 by DrMike
Water Without Rain

Today's Scripture

He then said, “God’s word: Dig ditches all over this valley. Here’s what will happen— you won’t hear the wind, you won’t see the rain, but this valley is going to fill up with water and your army and your animals will drink their fill.” 2 Kings 3:16–17, MSG

After traveling through the desert for seven days, the armies of Judah and Israel were completely out of water and desperate. Even though it never rained here, the prophet Elisha told them to dig ditches and God would supernaturally bring them water. In spite of thoughts telling them it was a waste of time, they started digging, and the next morning water flowed into the valley and filled their ditches.

Sometimes God will ask you to do things you don’t understand, something out of the ordinary. Don’t talk yourself out of it. Dare to trust Him and do what He asks. You have to stir up your faith. Don’t dig just one little ditch. Get a bulldozer and dig some big ditches. If you do what He’s asking, you’ll see water without rain—increase and abundance like you’ve never seen. One touch of God’s favor, and soon your ditches will be filled. God has new lands for you to conquer, new friendships, new levels of influence and favor. Be confident that He always performs His greatest victories in your future.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that it is an easy thing for You to fill the dry valleys of my life with water. Thank You for simply asking me to trust You and to obey what You are saying. I declare that I am trusting You to send the water and make happen what I could never make happen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.364 seconds