Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 Jan 2024 06:54 #3161 by DrMike
God’s Pleasure

Today's Scripture

And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.” Luke 3:22, NIV

After Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by John the Baptist, God the Father spoke from heaven and said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” It’s interesting that Jesus had not started His ministry yet. He had not healed anyone, not spoken the Sermon on the Mount, not turned water into wine. Yet His Father said, “I am well pleased with You.” God was pleased with who He is and not with what He could do. Jesus’ value didn’t come from His performance. It is because He is the Son of God.

God doesn’t base your value on what you do, on how well you perform, on how talented you are, or on how many people look up to you. It’s based on the fact that you’re His child. He breathed life into you. He made you in His own image. There’s nothing you can do that will make you more valuable. No matter how good you perform, no matter how successful, it doesn’t change how God sees you right now.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my value is based solely on the fact that I am Your child and that I am valuable right now no matter what I’ve done or how I feel. I declare that nothing I ever do, or ever achieve, or ever overcome will make me any more valuable. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2024 07:04 #3162 by DrMike
Win the War

Today's Scripture

But if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:13, NIV

Most people are ruled by the flesh, the carnal nature that basically tells them to live and do whatever they feel rather than what the Holy Spirit says. You’re letting the flesh win the war within if you give in to temptations, laziness, and compromise. The better option is to walk and live in accordance with the Spirit. That means that you do the right thing when it’s hard, you bite your tongue when someone’s rude, you stay faithful in your relationships when someone is trying to lure you away.

What’s limiting some people is not that they’re not talented or don’t have God’s favor; it’s that they keep obeying the flesh. The next time you’re tempted to be jealous, to find fault, to say something critical, or to let a friend cause you to compromise, tell your flesh, “No, I’m not going there.” Quit letting the flesh push you around. You have to take charge of your life. Don’t keep giving in to the same things that you know are holding you back from life in the Spirit.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that one of the fruits of Your Spirit working in me is the power of self-control. Thank You that I don’t have to be a slave to feelings that have tried to control me for years. I believe that as I say no to the dictates of the flesh, I will reach my highest potential. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

19 Jan 2024 03:48 #3163 by DrMike
Who Rules Within?

Today's Scripture

For if you live according to the flesh, you will die. Romans 8:13, NIV

There’s a battle taking place inside us between the flesh and the Spirit. The flesh represents our carnal nature that shows out in ways such as jealousy, pride, and compromise. It’s the easy way to live. You just do whatever you feel and don’t have to be disciplined. If someone’s rude to you, you’re rude back to them. If you don’t feel like having a good attitude, you go through the day sour. The flesh wants to rule and have control.

Today’s Scripture calls it living by the dictates of the flesh, which is described as a dictator that makes all the decisions for you. It tells you what to do and when to do it. You just follow orders. If you get stuck in traffic, your flesh will tell you, “Get upset.” If a coworker leaves you out of a meeting, the flesh says, “Get offended.” The problem is that if you keep obeying the flesh, “you will die.” That doesn’t necessarily mean physically, but your dreams will die, your relationships won’t flourish, and your gifts won’t come out as they should.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can choose to be disciplined and kind and say no to the flesh and its desires. Thank You that every day I can take my feelings off the throne and allow Your Spirit to control my life. Help me to live by the Spirit and do what’s right. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

23 Jan 2024 07:06 #3164 by DrMike
What’s Your Story?

Today's Scripture

…looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. Hebrews 12:2, NKJV

We all have a story of how we see ourselves and our future. It comes from how we were raised, what people have said, our successes and failures. Perhaps your story is negative. “I’ve been hurt too much. I’m at a disadvantage. I don’t have the talent or the experience.” Do you know what’s stopping you? Your story. You’re being limited by what you believe about yourself, by how you see your circumstances. The story that you’ve written will override what anyone else says. It’s even more powerful than the facts. You can be incredibly gifted and have a great personality, but if you tell yourself that you’re average, your gifts won’t come out as they should.

Is the story you’re telling yourself keeping you from rising higher? Why don’t you tell yourself a new story? God has already written your story. God says His plans for you are for good, to give you a future and a hope. He calls you a masterpiece, valuable, victorious, and an overcomer. The key is to get your story in line with His story.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus is the author of my story, and He will finish what He has written for my life. Thank You that Your plans for me are good, to give me a future and a hope. Help me to get my story in line with the story You have written for me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

24 Jan 2024 06:37 #3165 by DrMike
Kind Words

Today's Scripture

Kind words are like honey—sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. Proverbs 16:24, NLT

When you say something kind to a friend, give a compliment to a coworker, tell your spouse that you love them, or encourage a neighbor, it can seem like a simple thing, no big deal. But those words have incredible power. Today’s Scripture says you can make someone healthier by speaking kind words. Just a simple compliment such as, “You did great on that presentation,” nourishes their soul. When you tell your spouse, “I love you. I’m blessed to have you in my life,” that’s not only going to make your relationship stronger, but it’s making your spouse more secure and confident. When you call a friend who’s down and say, “I’m thinking about you. I care about you. You mean the world to me,” that’s not just encouraging them; it’s bringing healing to their body.

Don’t miss opportunities to bring nourishment. The people around you need what you have. Your kind words and compliments can be what push them into their destiny and make them healthier and stronger. That’s how they are going to become all they were created to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have given me the power of words to lift others up. All through the day help me to speak kind words, offer compliments, give encouragement, and lift up those around me. I believe that as I lift others, You will lift me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

25 Jan 2024 06:54 #3166 by DrMike
Are You Under Pressure

Today's Scripture

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12, NLT

We all face situations where things aren’t going our way, someone’s not treating us right. It’s easy to get upset, live frustrated, wonder why it’s not changing. But much of what we face in life is a test. You don’t really know what’s in you until you’re put under pressure. It’s easy to have a good attitude when people are being good to you and doors are opening. But how about when it’s just the opposite?

On the night before Jesus was crucified, Peter told Him, “I will lay down my life for You.” Peter’s heart was right, and that statement was easy to make in the atmosphere of faith at the Passover meal. But when the heat was turned up and he was confronted about being Jesus’ disciple during His trial, Peter denied he knew Jesus three times. The pressure brings to light weaknesses in our character. If we’re willing to change, to make adjustments, to start passing those tests, God will trust us with more of His favor as He did Peter. God doesn’t give up on us when we fail.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are using the pressure of challenges and temptations to make me stronger and grow me up. Thank You that every test of my faith is preparing me to overcome and persevere, to go higher and increase. I believe that I am coming out better. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

26 Jan 2024 05:57 #3167 by DrMike
Time to Stop Running

Today's Scripture

When the sailors heard this, they were frightened, because Jonah had already told them he was running from the LORD. Jonah 1:10, CEV

It’s easy to avoid things in life that we should be dealing with. Instead of forgiving people who have done us wrong and moving on, we push the hurt down. Or maybe we need to apologize to someone, but that’s uncomfortable, so we keep putting it off. Perhaps a new door opens, and we know it’s a God-given opportunity, but we’re afraid and feel unqualified. Instead of confronting our fear or what’s uncomfortable, we run from it, even from God’s call.

As long as you’re running away, you’re going to miss the greatness God put in you. You can’t conquer what you don’t confront. Too often we’re comforting what we should be confronting. We’re making lists of excuses. But you can’t run from everything that’s uncomfortable. You can’t ignore issues, sweep them under the rug, and think they’ll go away. When you get honest with yourself, when you confront what you know you need to deal with, it may be uncomfortable, but God gives you the grace, the strength, and the power to do what you couldn’t do on your own.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for always calling me higher and calling me to lay aside the list of excuses that keep me from being my best. Help me to confront the areas I need to deal with and to step out in faith and see change. I believe that with Your help I can overcome and be victorious. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

29 Jan 2024 07:10 #3168 by DrMike
What’s in Your Plan?

Today's Scripture

In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will. Ephesians 1:11, NIV

It’s easy to think that our lives are based on what we’re choosing. We all have our own free will to make decisions to do what we want. To a point, it’s true that we determine the course of our lives, but that’s not the only factor. God has a conditional will—things He does based on whether or not we make good choices, how we perform, how disciplined we are. But He also has a sovereign will—things He does regardless of our decisions. God has already planned ahead of time a purpose for you to fulfill.

Just ask the prophet Jonah. He did exactly the opposite of what God told him to do and was thrown overboard into the sea. God didn’t say, “Too bad. You’re on your own. You’re out of My will.” God had a big fish waiting to swallow him and take him to the shore, as though He called an Uber. God was saying, “Jonah, My sovereign will is that you go and speak what I say to the people of Nineveh.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise that You will work out Your plans for my life according to Your will. Thank You that I can stay in peace knowing that You are working behind the scenes and directing the outcomes. Help me to be patient and know that You are bringing me into my purpose. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

30 Jan 2024 05:49 #3169 by DrMike
Be Real

Today's Scripture

“Everything they do is for show.” Matthew 23:5, NLT

It’s easy to go through life making decisions based on what other people will think. Jesus said that the problem with the Pharisees was that everything they did was for show—what they wore, the money they gave, the seats of honor they took. They were doing it all to impress people, to build their own egos. The problem with living image-driven is that we can’t be authentic. We have to hide our weaknesses or others may think less of us. We have to play up to others to stay in their favor. We have to drive this, wear this, and be seen with these people. It’s great to look good, be successful, and carry yourself with confidence. But it crosses the line when you become driven by your image and run everything through the filter of how it’s going to make you look.

Don’t live under the pressure of trying to impress others, hiding how you feel, and acting as though everything’s okay. Get off that treadmill that will wear you out, stop your creativity, and steal your joy. Be real.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are looking for the real me, for me to be honest about my struggles, my weaknesses, and my fears. Thank You that I can be free from living image-driven and be the person You created me to be. I have nothing to hide. Make me, mold me, and change me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

31 Jan 2024 06:32 #3170 by DrMike
How Do You See God?

Today's Scripture

Now we can come fearlessly right into God’s presence, assured of his glad welcome when we come with Christ and trust in him. Ephesians 3:12, TLB

How you see God today will have a great impact on this coming year. If you have the right image of God, knowing that He gladly welcomes you, that His face lights up when He sees you, that He loves spending time with you, hearing your concerns, and knowing what you’re dreaming about, you’ll go fearlessly to Him. All through the day, you’ll talk with Him as a son or daughter. But not many of us have the audacity to think that God would be happy to see us. So many people see Him as a harsh and condemning judge who holds our mistakes against us and expects us to be perfect. Too often we have the wrong image of God and shrink back in fear and intimidation, feeling that we can never measure up and will always be unworthy.

Start your new year knowing that God is not basing His “glad welcome” on your performance, on how perfectly you’ve lived, or the good works you’ve done. It’s based on your faith in Christ and the fact that you’re His child. Believe it and receive it.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You gladly welcome me into Your presence as Your child because of my faith in Jesus. Thank You that You are not waiting for me to perform perfectly and then You’ll show me Your love and goodness. I will come fearlessly before You, knowing that Your face lights up when You see me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds