Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Feb 2024 06:09 #3191 by DrMike
Freedom Plus

Today's Scripture

The LORD caused the Egyptians to look favorably on the Israelites, and they gave the Israelites whatever they asked for. So they stripped the Egyptians of their wealth! Exodus 12:36, NLT

When God delivered the Israelites from Egyptian slavery after 430 years, He didn’t just give them freedom from mistreatment. Psalm 105 says that God caused the Israelites to have favor with their oppressors, who loaded them down with silver and gold and clothing. Think about how strange that was. The people who had abused them all those years gave them their valuables. What was that? God paying them back. For years, they had been loaded down with burdens, oppression, and discouragement. But when God settled their account, they were loaded down with joy, gifts, and blessings.

There are seasons when you’re tested and treated unfairly, but your time is coming. God is not going to leave you at a deficit. Payback is coming. You’re not going to be loaded down with burdens, with lack, or with sickness, but with blessings, abundance, and good health. God is going to restore everything that was stolen—the joy, the peace, the health, the finances, the relationships, the dreams. Why don’t you stay in peace and let God make your wrongs right?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are a God of justice, and You keep the records. Thank You that the time comes when You say that enough is enough, that it’s payback time for what has been unfair. I believe that You will right the wrongs and bring me out loaded down with blessings. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2024 07:21 #3192 by DrMike
Live Expectantly

Today's Scripture

In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3, NIV

It’s easy to live with a forever mind-set that’s negative. “It’s never going to work out. Maybe I’ll get a good break in a few years. The damage to this relationship is permanent.” Switch over to a soon mentality. Some things take time, but you have to come to God with an expectant faith. He’s about to do something out of the normal time frame, something unusual, sooner than you think. “What if I believe and this doesn’t happen?” What if you believe and it does happen? It probably won’t happen if you’ve already accepted that it’s going to be a long time to get out of this trouble, to get well, to meet the right person, to accomplish your dream. That’s limiting what God will do. You have to believe for sooner rather than later. Even if it doesn’t happen as soon as you like, you have to live with a soon mentality. You have to keep releasing your faith, reminding God of what He promised, knowing He is listening and you’re about to see His favor.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that everything You’ve promised me will be released in my life because You are faithful. Thank You that You hear my prayers and that the answers are on the way. I am looking for Your goodness and believing for Your favor today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

04 Mar 2024 07:01 #3193 by DrMike
What’s in Your Atmosphere?

Today's Scripture

Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city. Proverbs 16:32, ESV

You have a space that belongs only to you. It’s your thoughts, your attitude, your emotions. It’s who you spend time with, what you watch and listen to. That’s your atmosphere. That’s what you have control over. Some people live worried, offended, and negative because they let all that in—the bad news, the negative medical report, the criticism from coworkers. That sours their life. The problem is they’re not ruling their atmosphere. They’re not careful what they allow into their spirit. You can’t stop everything from coming, but you can stop it from getting down in your spirit. You need to keep your atmosphere full of faith, full of praise, full of hope, full of victory. Anything or anyone that tries to poison that atmosphere, you have to say, “No, thanks. You’re not welcome here. I’m not letting that offense in. I’m going to stay in peace. I’m going to enjoy this day.” You don’t have control over what people do, but you have control over your thoughts, your attitude, and how you respond.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the ability to control my atmosphere. I can’t control what others say or do or control negative circumstances around me, but I can rule my spirit. I’m going to stay in peace and say no to whatever tries to poison my atmosphere. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

05 Mar 2024 06:29 #3194 by DrMike
Fresh Fish on the Grill

Today's Scripture

When they got there, they found breakfast waiting for them—fish cooking over a charcoal fire, and some bread. John 21:9, NLT

In John 21, Peter and some of the other disciples had fished all night and caught nothing. The next morning, they did not recognize Jesus on the beach when He shouted, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat.” When they did, they caught so many fish that they couldn’t pull in the net. Peter then realized it was Jesus, and when he got to the shore, he found Jesus was grilling fish. What Peter couldn’t catch all night, now he not only had a boatload of fish, but Jesus had already prepared breakfast for him.

When nothing is working for you and you’re tempted to wonder where God is, can I tell you that He’s cooking your fish? If you keep doing the right thing, God is not only going to give you an abundance, but you will come into some prepared blessings. Can you smell the freshly grilled fish? Promotion is waiting for you, the right people, the business, the healing. You’re about to see what God is cooking up for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are not only the God of abundance but that You cook breakfast for us. Thank You for Your promise that as I keep doing the right thing, blessings are headed my way, tracking me down and overtaking me. I believe that I am coming into some prepared blessings. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

06 Mar 2024 06:23 #3195 by DrMike
Now Is the Time

Today's Scripture

“Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the LORD spoke in that day…” Joshua 14:12, NKJV

Sometimes we think that we’re running out of time to accomplish a dream. You might think you’ve made too many mistakes, missed your chance, or you’re too old. That’s the way Caleb probably felt. For forty years he had been kept out of the Promised Land because of the negative report of the other ten spies. He had been courageous and obedient. It looked like other people stopped his dream. But what God promised, He’s going to bring to pass. When Caleb was eighty-five years old, God said, “I haven’t forgotten about you. I said you’d go into the Promised Land, and now’s the time.”

It’s not too late for you to become all you were created to be. God has not forgotten about the dreams He put in your heart. You’re not running out of time; you’re running into time. God is ordering your steps. You haven’t missed out on what is best; it wasn’t the right time. You’re about to come in to some bests—best opportunities, best relationships, best health, and best resources.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that whether Your promise is fulfilled in my life today or years from now, You will bring it to pass in Your perfect time. Thank You that I too can say, ‘God, give me this mountain.’ I declare that every giant, every obstacle that stands in the way, will be conquered. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

07 Mar 2024 07:42 #3196 by DrMike
After This

Today's Scripture

After this, Job lived a hundred and forty years; he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation. Job 42:16, NIV

There are forty-two chapters in the book of Job, and all forty-two focus on the difficulties he went through—the loss of his business, his children, his health, and the accusations of his friends. It seems like this struggle was his whole life, but “after this” Job lived over a hundred and forty good years and experienced great joy with his children and grandchildren. God is showing us that the trouble is temporary, that it’s not going to last forever. You may be in a difficult time, but that’s not how your story ends. That loss is not going to define you. That sickness is not going to ruin the rest of your life. That person who walked away, that bad break, or the unfair situation is not going to stop your purpose. God has an “after this” for you. After the trouble, there’s going to be great joy in your life. After the loss, after the sickness, after the legal battle, you’re going to see new friendships, new opportunities, new growth. Your story ends in victory.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that nothing and no one can upset Your plans for my life. Thank You that You have an ‘after this’ for difficult seasons and my story doesn’t end there. Help me to declare that You live and are on the throne in the tough times. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

08 Mar 2024 06:23 #3197 by DrMike
Keep Rising

Today's Scripture

The LORD was with Joseph, so he succeeded in everything he did as he served in the home of his Egyptian master. Genesis 39:2, NLT

In the Scripture, many heroes of the faith started out at the very bottom. Think of Joseph. He was thrown in a pit and sold into slavery by his own brothers. But even as a slave, he developed his skills and was so valuable that he was put in charge of his master’s whole household. When he was falsely accused and put into prison, he was so valuable there that they put him in charge of the whole prison. When Pharaoh needed someone to run the country during the famine, he didn’t choose his department head. He chose Joseph, a prisoner, a slave. Why? Joseph developed his skills where he was. He asked God for wisdom and offered solutions for problems. His gifts made room for him, and he was always rising to the top.

There’s never an excuse to not keep rising. It doesn’t matter if you don’t like your current job or if other people don’t treat you right. God is saying, “It’s time to get out of the pit. It’s time to rise to the top.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the gifts and talents that You have given me. Thank You for calling me to keep developing my skills and being my best in whatever I do. I choose to be a blessing no matter what my situation is, knowing You are causing me to rise to the top. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

11 Mar 2024 08:39 #3198 by DrMike
Fully Persuaded

Today's Scripture

…being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. Romans 4:21, NIV

The Scripture talks about Abraham being fully persuaded that God would do what He promised even when it seemed impossible for him and Sarah to have a baby. When you’re fully persuaded, you’re not going to change your mind. You’re not going to let people talk you out of it. You’re not going to let circumstances cause you to quit believing. Before you see the promise, there’s a waiting period. When you don’t see anything happening, every thought will tell you, “You’re wasting your time. Just accept that it’s never going to happen.” That’s a test. God is seeing what you’re made of. Are you going to get talked out of it, or are you going to be fully persuaded? You have to dig down deep and say, “I’m not moved by what’s not changing. I’m not discouraged because it’s taking so long. I’m not worried because it’s not improving. I know God is a faithful God. I’ve seen Him do it in the past, and I know He’ll do it again in the future.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my faith and trust are anchored to You and Your power at work in my life. Thank You that I don’t have to be moved by the tests and troubles I face because I am fully persuaded You will do what You promised. I declare that my hope is in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Attachments:

12 Mar 2024 06:46 #3199 by DrMike
The Power of “I Am”

Today’s Scripture

“…A man will be satisfied with good from the fruit of his words...” (Proverbs 12:14, AMP)

Whether you realize it or not, all through the day the power of “I am” is at work in your life, for whatever follows those two simple words will always come looking for you. When you say, “I am so unlucky,” you’re inviting disappointments. “I am so overweight.” Calories come looking for you. It’s as though you’re giving it permission to be in your life. That’s why you have to be careful what follows the “I am” and not wield its power against you.

The good news is, you get to choose what follows the “I am.” Get up in the morning and invite good things into your life. “I am blessed. I am strong. I am talented. I am wise. I am disciplined. I am focused.” When you talk like that, talent gets summoned by Almighty God: “Go find that person.” Health, strength, abundance, and discipline start heading your way, and it costs you nothing!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my words have creative power, and I can use the power of ‘I am’ to become who You say I am. Thank You that You call me a masterpiece and Your treasured possession. I will use my words to invite good things into my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

13 Mar 2024 04:35 #3200 by DrMike
Blessed in the Dark Places

Today’s Scripture

“…Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...” (Ephesians 3:20, NIV)

Have you adapted to a limited environment? You have big dreams in your heart. You know there’s a new business in you, a management position, a book, a better house, but you’ve gone as far as your family members and friends have gone in the past. No, don’t settle there.

There is potential in you right now just waiting to come out. You have gifts that will cause new doors to open, talent that will bring new opportunities. Quit making excuses to settle where you are. You may be in a limited environment that includes dysfunction, addictions, and depression. The good news is, you don’t have to stay there. God is saying, “This is a new day. You’re a barrier breaker. I’m going to take you further faster than you’ve imagined. You’re going to defy the odds.” Now do your part. Let this seed take root in your spirit. Don’t talk yourself out of it. Get in agreement with God.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can get in agreement with You and believe that this is a new day with new doors to open and new opportunities before me. I believe that You are going to do immeasurably more than all I can ask or think. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.987 seconds