Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Oct 2014 04:24 #1091 by DrMike
Grace for Today

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Give us this day our daily bread…"(Matthew 6:11, NKJ).

God has grace in store for you every single day. Grace is His supernatural empowerment, His unmerited favor on your life. All throughout scripture, we see God giving daily grace, empowerment and provision to His people. For example, when the people of Israel were in the wilderness headed toward the Promised Land, God gave them manna each morning to eat. It would just appear on the ground. But, He specifically instructed them to gather up only enough for one day's supply. In fact, if they got more than that, it wouldn't last. It would spoil. They were learning to trust God's grace every single day.

In the same way, God doesn't give us grace for a year at a time or even a month at a time. No, every 24 hours God has a fresh, new supply of grace, favor, wisdom and forgiveness. How are you going to make it through the seasons of your life? One day at a time. Look for His grace today. Look for His provision today. Look for His hand of favor and blessing today because He promises to supply everything you need for today.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your grace and favor on my life today. I know that You have a fresh supply of everything that I need—physically, spiritually and emotionally—today. Help me to trust You more as I seek Your face. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2014 03:59 #1092 by DrMike
Renew Your Mind Daily

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5, NIV).

So many people today are not really enjoying their lives because of the condition of their minds. They constantly dwell on negative, destructive, harmful thoughts. They don't realize it, but the root cause of many of their problems is simply the fact that their thought life is out of control. They just dwell on any thought that comes.

More than ever, we have to understand that our lives follow our thoughts. If you think negative thoughts, then you're going to live a negative life. If you think discouraging, hopeless thoughts, can't-do-it thoughts, mediocre thoughts, then your life is going to go down that exact same pathway. That's why we have to take captive every thought and renew our minds with the Word of God on a daily basis.

I want to challenge you today to think about what you're thinking about. Don't let those self-defeating thoughts linger in your mind. Instead, speak God's promises over your life. Declare what He says about you. Take captive every thought and renew your mind daily. As you do, you'll be empowered to move forward into the abundant life He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I choose to take captive every thought. I choose to renew my mind according to Your Word. Holy Spirit, thank You for being my teacher and helper. I invite You to direct me in the way that I should go. Help me fulfill my destiny. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

31 Oct 2014 03:51 #1093 by DrMike
One Blessing after Another

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another" (John 1:16, NIV).

God wants to pour out His blessing and favor upon you each and every day. It says in the Psalms that He daily loads us with benefits! So many people miss out on all that God has for them because they are weighted down by guilt and condemnation. But notice what today's verse tells us about where His blessings come from—the fullness of His grace.

God's grace is His unmerited favor. That means we can't earn it. We can't work for it, and we can't change His mind about it. He pours out His blessing on us not because of what we do, but because of who He is. His blessings are based on His goodness, not ours.

Today, receive His grace. Receive His forgiveness. Let go of guilt and condemnation. Open your heart and mind to what God wants to do in your life and get ready because He is pouring out His goodness upon you with one blessing after another!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I choose to receive Your grace today which is Your supernatural empowerment. I release guilt and condemnation and receive Your love and forgiveness. Search my heart, O God. Renew me and cleanse me by Your Word. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

03 Nov 2014 04:01 #1094 by DrMike
Agreeing with God

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" (Amos 3:3, NKJ).

Are you going through a difficult time today? We all experience setbacks and obstacles in this life, but don't make the mistake of allowing those challenges to change your perspective. You can't go around thinking that those problems are insurmountable because negative thinking will keep you in bondage.

Did you know that when you're negative, you're in agreement with the enemy? But when you have a positive attitude according to what the Word says, then you're in agreement with God. You and God are a majority. When you agree with God, all things are possible.

Today, instead of going around thinking about your problems, cast down those thoughts and start dwelling on the fact that Almighty God, the Creator of the universe is on your side. Declare today that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. Declare that He is fighting your battles. Declare that victory is on its way. Get into agreement with God and pave the way for His supernatural blessing in your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your truth that sets me free. I choose to submit my thoughts to You and come into agreement with Your Word. Help me to keep my mind stayed on You and Your victory no matter what may come my way. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

04 Nov 2014 04:12 #1095 by DrMike
Find Peace Today

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You" (Isaiah 26:3, NKJ)

Do you need more peace in your life today? Are you frustrated or upset over something or fighting off discouragement? The first question to ask yourself is "What am I thinking about?"

If you're thinking about your problems all the time or how impossible everything is, then your life is going to follow that negative direction. But, when you get your mind going in the right direction, when you focus your mind on the Word of God, then you are setting yourself in the direction of peace.

Today, choose to keep your mind focused on the Father. Be empowered by meditating on His Word. As you set your thoughts in the right direction, your life will head down the path of peace and victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for peace today. I receive it as a comforting blanket to my heart, my mind and my emotions. I choose to focus on Your Word today. Direct my steps and guard me by Your peace. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

05 Nov 2014 04:33 #1096 by DrMike
Nothing Wasted

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, ‘Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.’ ” (John 6:12, NIV)

The Bible tells of a time when Jesus fed a crowd of five thousand with only five loaves and two fishes. He blessed it and multiplied it. That day, everyone had more than enough to eat, and there were still twelve baskets full of bread and fish left over. That’s because we serve a God of abundance! Then Jesus told the disciples to collect all the leftovers “so that nothing is wasted.” With God, nothing is ever wasted. He’ll never waste an experience; He’ll never waste a hurt; He’ll never waste a dream; He’ll never waste even a single piece of bread.

If you’ve felt like you’ve wasted years of your life in the wrong job, hanging around the wrong people or doing the wrong things, God will gather those years and restore them to you. He’ll take those experiences that the enemy meant for your harm and turn them around for your good. He’ll make you stronger, wiser and better off than you were before. He can launch you further into your destiny than before. Be encouraged today because with God, all things are possible! He is your provider, and nothing is ever wasted!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I give You every bit of my life, my past, my present and my future. Thank You for taking every experience and turning it around for my good. I know that with You, nothing is ever wasted in Jesus’ name! Amen.

06 Nov 2014 04:49 #1097 by DrMike
Set the Blessing in Motion

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” (Luke 6:38, ESV)

God is a god of abundance! He wants to pour out His abundance on you until you are so full that you are running over with His goodness. Notice how this verse starts. It says, “Give, and it will be given to you.” That’s because your giving sets the blessing of God into motion in your life. Giving is like a seed. When you plant an apple seed, it doesn’t just grow a single fruit. That one seed grows into a tree that produces an abundance of apples! That’s what happens when you obey God in your giving. You receive an abundant harvest in return. It’s overflowing, literally “running over!” And when the blessing is running over, it means you have so much that you want to give more. The cycle just keeps repeating itself! Is there something the Lord is telling you to give today? It could be financial, material or even your talents and service to others.

What do you have in your hand that you can use to bless someone else? Take a step today and set the blessing of God into motion in your life. Open the door for His blessing to be running over in every area of your life today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I choose to obey Your Word. I choose to be a tither and a giver. I choose to obey Your word and step out in faith knowing that every seed I sow will come back in abundance in Jesus’ name! Amen.

07 Nov 2014 03:31 #1098 by DrMike
Now I Can See

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘I don’t know whether he is a sinner,’ the man replied. ‘But I know this: I was blind, and now I can see!’ ” (John 9:25, NLT)

One time, Jesus healed a blind man, and the religious crowd got upset. They started arguing over why he was healed, how he was healed, and who was to blame for him being blind in the first place! They were hounding the man with questions. Finally, the man said, “Listen, guys. You all are confusing me. I can’t answer all of your questions. All I can tell you is this: I was blind, but now I can see.” He was saying, in effect, the proof of the pudding is in the eating! He was saying, “You can argue all day long, but I know the reason I can see is because of God’s healing in my life.”

There are people today who don’t think you are supposed to be blessed. They don’t think that God wants people to prosper and live in victory. But it’s too late because we’ve already experienced His blessing. He’s already opened up supernatural doors! We’ve seen His favor! Don’t let the naysayers talk you out of your blessing. Don’t let them convince you that God’s Word isn’t true. He’s already done so much in your past, and He’ll do more in your future. Keep standing, keep believing and keep hoping. Soon you’ll see His blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for opening the eyes of my heart so that I can, first of all, see You and then see every good thing You have in store for me. I look to You with an attitude of faith and expectancy and believe that You are at work in me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

10 Nov 2014 04:12 #1099 by DrMike
A Different Spirit

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But My servant Caleb, because he has had a different spirit and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land which he entered, and his descendants shall take possession of it.” (Numbers 14:24, NASB)

One time in scripture, Moses sent 12 men to spy out the Promised Land. The people of Israel were camped right next door and excited about possessing the land. But after 40 days, ten of the men came back with a negative report. They said, “Moses, there are giants in the land, and we’ll never defeat them.” That negative report spread throughout the rest of the camp, and the people began to murmur and complain.

But one of the spies named Caleb said, “Moses, we are well able to defeat these people. Let us go up at once and take the land!”

It’s interesting that they all saw the same land, the same circumstances, yet they had totally different views. How could their reports be so opposite? Here’s how: Caleb had a different spirit. He saw things with a different perspective. Others were focused on the giants, but Caleb was focused on his God. The people who complained never actually made it into the Promised Land, but Caleb did. He accompanied a new generation that chose the blessing of God.

Today, you can choose to have a different spirit. Don’t listen to what everyone else says; listen to what God says. Choose to believe His Word, choose to obey Him, and He will lead you into your promised land!

11 Nov 2014 04:09 #1100 by DrMike
Set the Blessing in Motion

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” (Luke 6:38, ESV)

God is a god of abundance! He wants to pour out His abundance on you until you are so full that you are running over with His goodness. Notice how this verse starts. It says, “Give, and it will be given to you.” That’s because your giving sets the blessing of God into motion in your life. Giving is like a seed. When you plant an apple seed, it doesn’t just grow a single fruit. That one seed grows into a tree that produces an abundance of apples! That’s what happens when you obey God in your giving. You receive an abundant harvest in return. It’s overflowing, literally “running over!” And when the blessing is running over, it means you have so much that you want to give more. The cycle just keeps repeating itself! Is there something the Lord is telling you to give today? It could be financial, material or even your talents and service to others.

What do you have in your hand that you can use to bless someone else? Take a step today and set the blessing of God into motion in your life. Open the door for His blessing to be running over in every area of your life today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I choose to obey Your Word. I choose to be a tither and a giver. I choose to obey Your word and step out in faith knowing that every seed I sow will come back in abundance in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds