Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Aug 2014 04:12 #1051 by DrMike
Delete & Repeat

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17, NKJV)

Are you allowing negative thoughts to stifle your potential? Why don’t you start hitting the delete button? The experts may have told you that things are impossible or how it’s not going to work out, but those people don’t know what God has in store. He has the final say. He wouldn’t have placed that dream in your heart or given you that promise if He didn’t have a way to bring it to pass. It’s time to delete what the naysayers have told you. It’s time to delete the discouraging words. Delete the negative reports. You’ve got to delete and repeat. You’ve got to keep deleting those negative thoughts and keep replacing them with the Word of God until you get back to your original software, so to speak — until faith is stronger than your doubts.

Who told you that you can’t be successful? Who told you you’re not tall enough, not smart enough, or that you’ve reached your limits? I can assure you that it did not come from your Creator. Don’t let others set the limits for your life. Delete those wrong thoughts, believe God’s Word, and embrace the blessing and victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which sets me free. I choose to delete every negative mindset and replace it with Your truth. Give me Your joy which is strength as I am daily transformed by the renewing of my mind in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2014 04:18 #1052 by DrMike
Believe God over the “Experts”

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.” (1 Corinthians 1:27, KJV)

Did you know that according to all the laws of aerodynamics, a bumblebee should not be able to fly? Its wingspan is too small for the size of its body. It can’t get enough lift. But here’s the key: Nobody told the bumblebee. It didn’t get the memo. No experts were able to talk it out of flying. The bumblebee felt its wings on its sides and something in its DNA said, “I’m supposed to fly. I’m not made to just crawl around on the ground.” It didn’t read the latest engineering report. It just did what was natural and started flapping its wings and took off into the air.

Have you ever had the experts tell you, “You’ll never get well; you’ll never get out of debt; you’ve gone as far as your education allows; this is as good as it gets”? With all due respect, the experts can be wrong. The experts told Dodie Osteen that she had a few weeks to live, but 33 years later, she is still alive and healthy. The experts told us Lakewood would never make it without the founding father, but we’re doing pretty good! Believe God over the experts and watch what He will do on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I believe You over what the “experts” tell me. I believe that You are faithful and expect to see Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

18 Aug 2014 03:45 #1053 by DrMike
Reprogram Your Life for Greatness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. ...” (Romans 12:2, NIV)

My father grew up in a very poor environment. His parents lost everything during the Great Depression. He had no money, no education and no future to speak of. He had been programmed with poverty, defeat and mediocrity. He could have settled there. That’s all he had seen. He could have thought, “Hey, this is just my lot in life. We’re just poor, defeated people.” But at 17 years old when he gave his life to Christ, he started reprogramming his thinking. Deep down something said, “You were made for more than this. You’re not supposed to constantly struggle, to barely make it through life.” He could feel those seeds of greatness stirring on the inside. His attitude was, “This may be where I am, but this is not who I am. I may be in defeat, but I am not defeated. I’m a child of the Most High God.”

Today, no matter what has happened in your past, remember that ultimately, you can reprogram your life for greatness. You can let go of the wrong programming of the world and renew your mind according to the Word of God. Let His truth sink in so you can rise up into the greatness God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You that no matter what has happened in my past, You have a good plan for my future. I choose to reprogram my mind with the truth of Your Word that sets me free to live the way You intended in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Aug 2014 03:37 #1054 by DrMike
Unlimited Supply

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe. ...” (Ephesians 1:19, AMP)

If someone had a thousand gallons of water to give you but you only had a one-gallon container, you wouldn’t be able to receive what they had for you. The problem would not be with the supply; it would be with your ability to receive. If you would get rid of the small container and get something larger, then you could receive so much more.

It’s the same way with God. You may think, “The economy is too down. I could never afford that house I really want. My business will never expand. I don’t have the funding. I don’t have the people behind me.” No, you’ve got to get rid of that one-gallon bucket. Get rid of that small container. The God we serve is a big God! He has an ocean, an unlimited supply. Jesus said, “According to your faith it will be done unto you.” It’s not according to God. God has all the power, all the resources in the world. It’s according to what we believe. Today, increase your capacity to receive. Enlarge your thinking by meditating on the Word of God. Praise Him and magnify Him because with God, all things are possible, and He has an unlimited supply!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your unlimited supply of everything I need in this life. I open my heart to You; I choose to take the limits off. Increase me so that I can receive every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Aug 2014 03:47 #1055 by DrMike
Water the Right Seeds

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, some multiplying thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times.” (Mark 4:8, NIV)

There was a report about children who had been bullied in school. It talked about how years later, those negative words were still having an effect on many of them. They interviewed this one man. He was in his 40’s. He looked to be a bright, intelligent man, but he had not been able to hold down a good job, struggled in his relationships, and couldn’t seem to get on course. He said as a child, he was overweight. He was chubby, and some of the other children made fun of him and called him names like “loser” and “failure.” He made the mistake of letting those words take root. Now they were keeping him in mediocrity.

When somebody calls you something, either good or bad, that seed is planted in your soil. Now you get to determine whether or not that seed takes root and grows. When you dwell on what was said, you are watering the seed. You’re giving it a right to become a reality. That’s why it’s so important that we’re disciplined in our thought life. It’s great when people tell you, “You’re blessed. You’re talented. You’re going to do great things.” Meditate on those throughout the day. Water those seeds and watch His truth become your reality!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for depositing seeds of greatness inside of me. I choose to uproot every negative word spoken over me by accepting Your truth that will set me free! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

21 Aug 2014 04:52 #1056 by DrMike
Sudden Breakthroughs

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

…the Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like the bursting out of great waters…"(2 Samuel 5:20, AMP)

God wants to give you a breakthrough—a sudden burst of His favor; an explosion of His goodness. He wants to release His power in such a way that it overwhelms you and drives out your enemies!
Maybe you've been praying about a relationship for years, and suddenly, things get into place. That's a breakthrough. Or you were trying to get a certain job. They said there were no openings; but suddenly, they call you back and you get the job. That's another breakthrough. Perhaps you've struggled with an addiction for a long time, but then something happens and it's not a struggle anymore. Those are all breakthroughs.

No matter what you've been facing, no matter how impossible things look, know this: the God of the breakthrough wants to visit your house. Get ready! Look for His favor and goodness. Remember, God rewards the people who seek after Him. So keep expecting, keep believing because the God of the breakthrough is ready to overwhelm you with His goodness today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I am expecting Your goodness. I am looking for Your favor. I'm trusting that You, the God of the breakthrough, are working mightily on my behalf. Help me to live a life pleasing to You as I wait for Your hand to move mightily in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

22 Aug 2014 03:49 #1057 by DrMike
The Tongue of the Wise

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing" (Proverbs 12:18; NIV)

It's easy to see how words can be used as a weapon. We've all either been "cut" by the words of others, or we've used words to put someone "in their place." The truth of the matter is when we use words recklessly or in a way that cuts others, we are not being wise. The scripture tells us that the tongue of the wise brings life and healing to others.

Today, look for ways to be wise. Find something nice to say about someone or share an encouraging word. You never know how you can bring healing to a person's heart by sharing a kind, gracious word. And remember, words are like seeds. When you plant words of life and blessing into others, you're sure to reap a harvest of blessing in your own life in return.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to be wise. I submit my tongue to You and choose to use it for good and not for evil. Show me ways to be a blessing to others. Help me find creative ways to encourage the people You have placed in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

25 Aug 2014 03:56 #1058 by DrMike
A Flood of Power

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

So [Israel] came up to Baal-perazim, and David smote [the Philistines] there. Then David said, God has broken my enemies by my hand, like the bursting forth of waters. Therefore they called the name of that place Baal-perazim [Lord of breaking through]" (1 Chronicles 14:11, AMP)

Notice how David likened God's power to the bursting forth of waters. In other words, he described it as a flood. He was saying that when the God of the breakthrough shows up and releases His power, it will be like a flood of His goodness, a flood of His favor, a flood of healing, a flood of new opportunity.
Think about how powerful water is. Three or four inches of water can pick up a huge car that weighs thousands of pounds and move it all around. I've seen on the news whole houses floating down the river in big floods. Nothing can stop the force of that water! Anything that's in its way is moved!

Today, you may have difficulties that look extremely large, obstacles that look impassable, dreams that look unobtainable. But know this: when the God of the breakthrough releases a flood of His power, nothing can stop it. You need to get ready not for a trickle, not for a stream, not for a river. Get ready for a flood of God's favor, a tidal wave of His goodness, a tsunami of His increase! Dare to believe that God is going to overwhelm you with victory in every area of your life today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I invite You to overwhelm me with You today. Take over every area of my life; my thoughts, my attitude, my body. Flood me with Your healing, favor, and strength today as I surrender my entire being to You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

26 Aug 2014 04:12 #1059 by DrMike
Enjoy the Journey

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day" (Proverbs 4:18, ESV)

Oftentimes, people tend to get wrapped up and busy with things that don't really matter in eternity. It's easy to get consumed by your career and stay focused on your goals. It's good to work hard, but you've got to learn how to play hard, too, so you can stay in balance. I heard somebody say, "It's not that life is so short, it's that we wait so long to begin living." If we want to truly enjoy the journey of life, we have to take time to stop and smell the roses. Do you appreciate the people you love? Do you hug your children before you leave each day and give your spouse a kiss?

When was the last time you called your parents to tell them how much you love them? That's how we can enjoy the journey. If you'll stay determined to enjoy the journey of life, you'll live with no regrets. You'll see your path shine brighter and brighter, and at the end, you'll be able to say, "I made the most of my life. I enjoyed my family. I enjoyed my friends. I finished my course with joy."

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life. Teach me to enjoy my relationships more because they are all that matters in eternity. Help me to enjoy the journey of life as my path shines brighter and brighter until the full day. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

27 Aug 2014 04:26 #1060 by DrMike
One Thing is Needed

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"But only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her" (Luke 10:42, NIV)

In today's world, most people find that life is full. We have over 500 channels on TV, an unlimited number of sites to browse on the internet, cell phones and PDA's to keep us connected 24 hours a day. Everywhere you look there is something to do or some kind of entertainment all the time. If we're not careful, we'll fall into the trap of thinking that we've always got to be busy doing something. But Jesus invites us to be still because really, only one thing is needed.

I heard somebody say one time, what if we treated our Bibles like we do our cell phones? Can you imagine people in the elevators, lobbies and shopping malls thumbing through their Bibles all day long? Can you see people reading and studying the Word while sitting in traffic and at red lights? Not that you should do that, but the point I'm making is that we need to live our lives in balance and make the Word of God a priority. Let's make sure we don't allow the distractions of life to keep us from the one thing that is needed.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I set my heart and affections on You. I choose to lay down the distractions of life and put You first because You are the one thing that is needed. Help me keep my mind focused on You as I declare Your praises throughout the day. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.696 seconds