Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

10 Jul 2014 06:38 #1031 by DrMike
Drop Your Baggage

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...let us strip off every weight that slows us down...” (Hebrews 12:1, NLT)

What’s happened in your past is not nearly as important as what is in your future. Where you’re going is much more significant than where you’ve been. But if you stay focused on the past, you’ll get stuck where you are. This is the reason a lot of people don’t have joy or enthusiasm for life. They’re dragging around all of this negative baggage from the past. Somebody offended them last week, and they’ve got that stuffed in their resentment bag. Last month, they lost their temper and said some things they shouldn’t have. They’ve got that in their guilt and condemnation bag. Ten years ago, they lost a loved one. They still don’t understand it. They’ve got that hurt and pain in their disappointment bag. They carry around their bag of regrets, all the things they wished they would have done differently.

Life is too short to live that way. Learn to travel light. Every morning when you first get up, forgive the people that did you wrong the day before. Forgive your spouse for what they said. At the start of the day, let go of the disappointments, the setbacks from yesterday. Start every morning fresh and new. God did not create you to carry around all that baggage. Let it go and move forward in the life of blessing He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to travel light. I choose to shake off the past, shake off disappointment and forgive those who have hurt me. Heal my heart as I release everything that would try to hold me back in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jul 2014 04:20 #1032 by DrMike
Move Forward

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:18–19, ESV)

Oftentimes, people get stuck in life because they’ve been hurt or betrayed, and they end up settling where they are. They allow the disappointment to keep them from the divine appointment. Don’t let that be you! Don’t let what somebody did or didn’t do for you be an excuse to live sour. Don’t let a bad break, a divorce, a betrayal or a bad childhood cause you to settle where you are. Move forward and God will pay you back. Move forward and God will vindicate you. Move forward and you’ll come into a new beginning.

Nothing that has happened to you is a surprise to God. The loss of that loved one didn’t catch God off guard. The business that didn’t make it, the relationship that didn’t work out did not stop God’s plan for your life. Now, the real question is: are you going to get stuck, fall into self-pity, become bitter, let the past poison your future? Or, are you going to shake it off and move forward knowing that your best days are still up ahead?

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for being my vindicator. Thank You for making the wrong things right in my life. I know that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf, and I will move forward in the blessing You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

15 Jul 2014 03:42 #1033 by DrMike
A New Season of Goodness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The tongue can bring death or life...” (Proverbs 18:21, NLT)

God wants to do new and incredible things in your life! He has a new season of goodness in store for you today. The power to see His plan come to pass in your life is found in the power of your words. When you get in agreement with God, when you say what He says, that’s when things will change in your life.

Life and death are in the power of the tongue. No one else chooses your words but you! You can speak forth seeds of life or seeds of death. What you have in your life today is a direct result of your words in the past, and what you will see in the future is a direct result of what you are speaking today.

Why don’t you choose to bless your future? Why don’t you choose to declare that it’s a new season? Why don’t you choose to speak what God speaks and believe that He has a new season of goodness in store for you today?!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to speak words of life over my future. I know that You have a good plan for me, and so I get in agreement with that plan. It’s a new season; it’s a new day, and I declare Your goodness and blessing are coming my way in Jesus’ name! Amen.

16 Jul 2014 04:34 #1034 by DrMike
Speak to Your Mountains

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done.” (Matthew 21:21, AMP)

We’ve all had seasons when the challenges of life feel overwhelming. During those times, it’s tempting to talk about how bad things are. Maybe you received a bad medical report, or maybe you’re facing a financial obstacle. But the more you talk about something, the bigger it becomes in your mind. Instead, you’ve got to dig your heels in and say, “No, I am not going to give life to that defeat. I am not going to speak sickness over myself. I’m not going to speak lack. I’m not going to speak fear. I’m choosing a different report. I believe the report of the Lord which says I am blessed. I am favored. I am prosperous. I am healthy. I am whole. I’m a victor, not a victim!”

Remember, even if you don’t see how things could ever work out, God does. You’ve got to speak to those mountains in your life and declare favor over those situations. Instead of talking to God about how big your problems are, talk to your problems about how big your God is! As you speak to your mountains, they will be moved, and you will move forward into the victory God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which is life to my spirit. I receive Your strength today and choose to speak to the mountain before me. Thank You for victory so I can move forward in the good plan You have for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

21 Jul 2014 06:38 #1035 by DrMike
Take Hold of Your Dream

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses”(1 Timothy 6:12, NIV)

One of the keys to seeing your dreams come to pass is to see them come to pass in your mind’s eye first. One of the greatest baseball players of our time told me that all through the day he sees himself hitting the ball. Before he gets up to the plate, he visualizes getting on base. He has this picture of himself succeeding. It’s gotten deep down on the inside, and now he’s moving toward it.

Of course, it takes more than just visualization to see our dreams come to pass. It takes obedience; it takes prayer, and it has to be a part of God’s plan for our lives. But what I’m saying is that if you’ll keep the right pictures in your imagination, seeing yourself rising higher, seeing yourself healthy and whole, that’s going to get deep down on the inside and set the course for your life. When your mind is in agreement with God’s Word, it will help guide you toward your destiny. You will have a supernatural strength and power to see those dreams and desires come to pass in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I submit my dreams, desires and thoughts to You. Use my imagination for Your purposes. Help me to see the dreams You’ve placed within me coming to pass. Help me to see myself rising higher in every area and bring You glory in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 Jul 2014 04:53 #1036 by DrMike
Bloom

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The righteous shall flourish...” (Psalm 92:12, NKJV)

I remember walking in the woods one time when I came upon a clearing filled with weeds. As far as I could see, these dead, dried-up weeds had covered up everything. As I walked a hundred yards further in, I saw a single, beautiful flower that had grown up among all those weeds. It was so colorful and so different from everything that surrounded it. I thought, “That’s what God wants us to be: vibrant and blooming wherever He’s planted us.”

Friend, no matter what season you are in today, God wants you to bloom right where you are. That doesn’t mean you’re going to always be in that situation. It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dream big or plan for the future. It simply means that you are going to choose to be your best on the way to where you’re headed. It means you go out each day with a smile on your face and a spring in your step. It means you give God glory in everything you do. Always remember, bloom where you're planted and let Him work in and through you all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your hand of mercy upon my life. Today, I choose to bloom where I’m planted. I choose to trust You and honor You knowing that You are working behind the scenes for my good. I love You and bless You in Jesus’ name. Amen!

23 Jul 2014 04:39 #1037 by DrMike
Words Matter

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Sovereign LORD has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.” (Isaiah 50:4, NIV)

Your words are important. They matter. Even more so, God’s Word matters. When your words become His Words, that’s when you’ll see an explosion of His goodness, favor and abundance in your everyday life! Not only that, there are people God has placed in your life who are waiting for you to speak God’s Word over them. It doesn’t help them if you just feel for them or think about them. God’s called us to speak His Word! Your spouse needs to hear you say that God’s hand is on them, His purposes are great and His favor is opening new doors and opportunities. Your children need to hear the promises of God from your mouth. Your friends and co-workers need to hear that God has great things in store for them.

My father used to say, “Your miracle is in your mouth.” Well, someone else’s miracle might be in your mouth, too! They may need to have your words of faith deposited in them in order to take that next step of victory. Don’t hold back! Keep speaking, keep declaring, keep praying because your words matter! Make your words line up with His Word and see His blessing over every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I surrender my thoughts and words to You. Show me, by Your Spirit, what to speak over my life and over my friends and family. Thank You for using me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Jul 2014 04:11 #1038 by DrMike
A Glimpse of Heaven

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:10, NIV)

God longs to give you a glimpse of heaven while you are here on earth. He wants to show you His wonderful plan and bring it to pass in your life. Have you ever thought about how God’s will is accomplished in heaven? In heaven, God’s will is automatic. There are no opposing forces of darkness or anything that would come against His will. On earth, His will is activated in our lives when we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior; and then, we must choose His will on a daily basis in our thoughts, words and actions. On earth, we have to stand against the forces of darkness and refuse those negative, self-defeating thoughts that come against His will.

Today, open your heart to the will of God which is the Word of God. As it says in Ephesians 6, you will be empowered by your union with Him. Declare what God says about you and be empowered to overcome opposition. Stand strong in faith and see God's will come to pass in your life just as it is in heaven!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I humbly come to You today and invite Your will to be done in my life. I submit every area of my heart to You. Let everything I say and do bring glory to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 Jul 2014 09:20 #1039 by DrMike
No Condemnation

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit” (Romans 8:1, NKJV)

Jesus came to break the curse of sin, shame and condemnation in our lives. He came so that we could see things the way God sees them. Do you know how God sees you? He sees you as valuable. He sees you as strong. He sees you as capable, talented and trustworthy. The voice of condemnation says exactly the opposite. Condemnation is a loss of value. It’s the accusing voice of the enemy that says, “You’re not good enough...you’ll never be good enough...you’re a failure.”

Condemnation is never from God. The Bible tells us there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. When you embrace and declare God’s truth in your life, you activate His power to overcome the voice of condemnation. No matter how you may be feeling, wake up every morning and declare that the Greater One lives in you. Declare that you are strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Declare that He loves you and has called you according to His purpose. Choose to see yourself as valuable, the way God sees you. Embrace His truth so that you can overcome condemnation and live in victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for setting me free from condemnation. Thank You for believing in me and filling me with Your vision for my life. Help me to see my life the way You see it in Jesus’ name. Amen.

28 Jul 2014 04:05 #1040 by DrMike
Don’t Give Up

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” (Galatians 6:9, NLT)

Are you believing God for something that is taking longer than you thought or expected? If you are praying according to His promises, no matter how long you may have been standing, don’t give up! Your season is coming. Your harvest of blessing is on its way. It might be today, it might be tomorrow, it might be next week, next month or next year; but remember, at the right time you will experience your breakthrough.

Be encouraged today because God is faithful, and His promises are true. Keep standing, keep hoping, keep believing. Keep doing good. Keep declaring the promises of God over your life. Choose to be around people who are going to encourage you and fill your heart and mind with God’s Word. Let a song of praise come out of your mouth. As you continue to press on in faith and keep an attitude of victory, you will see your harvest of blessing and live as an overcomer in every area of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Fill me with Your strength to keep doing good and standing firm until I see my harvest of blessing. Thank You for Your peace and grace in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds