Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Nov 2014 04:04 #1101 by DrMike
Good Ground that Produces

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted!” (Matthew 13:8, NLT)

In life, there are many kinds of seeds we can sow, but do you know what produces the best crop? The seed of God’s Word planted on the soil of our hearts. The more of the Word you take into your heart, the more abundant the harvest will be.

Our job, as believers, is to make sure we are good ground. The scripture tells us there are things that can choke the seed of the Word — the cares of this world and greed and selfishness act as thorns that stop the seed from growing. It also tells us that in order for the seed to take root, we need to stand strong during the difficult times when persecution and challenges come.

If you have hard or dry places in your heart today, God wants to soften those areas. He promised in Ezekiel that He will take out the stony, hard heart and replace it with a new heart, a heart that is good ground and open to Him. This is the heart that will produce an abundant harvest of blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the seed of the Word which is alive and growing in my heart. Search my heart and mind today. Have Your way in me. Use me for Your glory and produce a harvest in me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Nov 2014 04:12 #1102 by DrMike
When the Storms Come

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"The rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.”" (Matthew 7:25, NKJV)

We all go through difficulties and things we don't understand. It's easy to get discouraged and think, “Why am I having these problems?” The scripture says, “Rain falls on the just and the unjust.” No matter how good a person you are; no matter how much you honor God, you are going to have some rain.

Jesus told a parable about a wise man who built his house on the rock. He honored God. Another man built his house on the sand. He didn’t. The winds blew. The rains beat on the houses. The same storm came to both people, the just and the unjust. If the story ended right there, you would think, “It doesn't make a difference to honor God. The same thing happens to me that happens to everybody else. I built my house on the rock, yet I’m in this storm.” But, that's not the end of the story. Jesus went on to tell that the man who built his house on the rock, his house was still standing after the storm. The man who built on the sand, his house washed away. Here's the difference. When you honor God, the storms may come, but you have a promise that others don't have. When it's all said and done, you'll still be standing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the promise to bring me through every difficulty, hardship and adversity I may face. I receive Your strength; I receive Your victory knowing that my house is built on the Rock in Jesus’ name! Amen!

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

14 Nov 2014 05:15 #1103 by DrMike
Look beneath the Surface

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly.” (John 7:24, NLT)

You may have heard that it takes six seconds to make a first impression. Most people don’t realize how many times they look at someone and instantly decide if they’re going to like them or not. The scripture says that man looks at the outward appearance of others while God looks at the heart. Now you might be thinking, “Of course, God looks at the heart. He’s God. How am I supposed to look at another person’s heart?” You may not exactly know a person’s heart, but as Jesus said in this verse, you can look beneath the surface. You can take time to get to know someone who might look or act differently than you. Don’t just write someone off because they don’t measure up to your standards. You never know how God will use that relationship in your life.

Jesus said, “Whatever you’ve done to the least of these, you’ve done to Me.” In other words, when we make quick judgments about people, it’s as if we are making quick judgments about God. Don’t fall into that trap! Instead, look beneath the surface. Look for the good in others, find some common ground and watch what God will do through the relationships in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, help me to look beneath the surface. Help me to see others the way You see them. Show me how to connect with others and be a blessing everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen.

17 Nov 2014 04:17 #1104 by DrMike
Build on the Rock

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge...” (Psalm 18:2, NIV)

When you go through difficulty in life, one of the ways to keep the right perspective is to take a moment to look back over your life and remember what God has done for you. Remember how He made a way when you didn’t see a way. Remember how He opened doors that should have never opened. Remember how He put you in just the right place at the right time, promoted you, healed you and restored you. If He did it for you once, He can do it for you again. When you read what He did for the people in the Bible, you can have confidence that He will do the same for you!

This is how you build your house on the rock. Hold on to the promise that no matter what comes your way, when the storm is over, when the trouble has passed, you’ll still be standing. As a believer in Jesus, you have the DNA of Almighty God. The same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you. You may get knocked down, but you’re not going to stay down. You’ll rise up and stand strong when you build your life on the Rock!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your protection, grace and mercy on my life. I choose to focus on You; I choose to dwell on Your goodness; I choose to lift up my eyes to You because You are my help in Jesus’ name. Amen!

18 Nov 2014 04:34 #1105 by DrMike
Flourish Like a Palm Tree

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree...” (Psalm 92:12, NIV)

Have you ever seen a palm tree in the midst of a great storm? That tree may be bent so far over that it’s almost touching the ground, but when the wind finally stops, that palm tree bounces right back up. What’s interesting is that while that palm tree is hunched over under the pressure of the storm, it is actually becoming stronger.

See, the reason God said we’d flourish like a palm tree is because He knew there would be difficult times. He knew things would come against us to try to steal our joy and victory. But God said, “You’re going to be like a palm tree because when the storms of life blow, you are going to come right back up stronger than before.”

As you reflect on the events of your life, remember, the storms you have encountered have only made you stronger. You are wiser, you are more alive, and you are headed for victory. Your brightest days are right out in front of you! Always remember that with God on your side, you will flourish like a palm tree!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for making me strong in You. I trust that You are working in my life, even in the midst of the storms. Thank You for a new season of blessing as I keep my heart and mind focused on You in Jesus’ name! Amen.

19 Nov 2014 04:22 #1106 by DrMike
Build on the Rock

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge...” (Psalm 18:2, NIV)

When you go through difficulty in life, one of the ways to keep the right perspective is to take a moment to look back over your life and remember what God has done for you. Remember how He made a way when you didn’t see a way. Remember how He opened doors that should have never opened. Remember how He put you in just the right place at the right time, promoted you, healed you and restored you. If He did it for you once, He can do it for you again. When you read what He did for the people in the Bible, you can have confidence that He will do the same for you!

This is how you build your house on the rock. Hold on to the promise that no matter what comes your way, when the storm is over, when the trouble has passed, you’ll still be standing. As a believer in Jesus, you have the DNA of Almighty God. The same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you. You may get knocked down, but you’re not going to stay down. You’ll rise up and stand strong when you build your life on the Rock!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your protection, grace and mercy on my life. I choose to focus on You; I choose to dwell on Your goodness; I choose to lift up my eyes to You because You are my help in Jesus’ name. Amen!

20 Nov 2014 05:24 #1107 by DrMike
Still Standing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.” (Psalm 40:2, NIV)

All of us can look back at things that should have defeated us. Maybe a divorce or bad break should have taken you down, but look — you’re still standing! That addiction, that partying lifestyle should have killed you, but because of a praying loved one, you’re still standing and becoming freer. Or, maybe you lost a loved one. You didn’t think you could go on. You thought you’d seen your best days, but God breathed new life into you. He lifted you out of the pit and put a new song in your heart, and here you are today, still standing.

When you go through difficult things, it’s an opportunity to see the goodness of God shine in the darkness. You see Him lift you up, restore you, promote you and heal you. When you have this history with God, you don’t get discouraged by every difficulty. You don’t fall apart because of a disappointment. You don’t get upset because people are talking about you. You know that God brought you through in the past, and He is going to bring you through in the future! Rejoice today because you are still standing and headed to the place of total victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for lifting me out of my difficulty and for helping me stand on solid ground. I trust Your goodness. I know that You are faithful. Help me stay focused on Your victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

21 Nov 2014 04:17 #1108 by DrMike
Each Day is a Gift

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Have you stopped to consider that today is a special gift from God? Sometimes, our days can be so full and busy that we forget how fragile life really is. The little things try to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something doesn’t go your way, or someone says something upsetting. Even traffic can cause you to lose focus if you let it. We have to remember that each day is ordained by Almighty God. If we choose to focus on the wrong things, we’ll miss the blessing that each day has to offer.

Today, don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given.”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always and show me the treasure of each and every day in Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 Nov 2014 07:35 #1109 by DrMike
Overcome with Good

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” (Romans 12:21, NIV)

The scripture says, “We overcome evil with good.” In other words, when somebody’s rude or inconsiderate, don’t sink down to their level. Don’t be rude and inconsiderate back to them. No, if you are going to rise higher, if you are going to overcome, you have to do just the opposite. You have to show kindness, grace and mercy.

It isn’t always easy; in fact, it’s almost never easy. It takes a lot of humility to treat someone with respect who is disrespecting you. But do you know what happens when you walk in humility? God gives you His grace. He empowers you to walk in His goodness. Scripture plainly says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Today, walk humbly with God and overcome evil with good. Show mercy and sow mercy. Receive His grace, receive His power, and receive His strength to be everything He’s called you to be.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the grace to overcome in this life. I choose Your goodness. I choose Your ways. Help me to show Your love and walk in peace in every circumstance in Jesus’ name. Amen.

26 Nov 2014 04:11 #1110 by DrMike
Good Medicine

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22, ESV)

Throughout life, there will always be something that will try to take our joy. If it’s not a grumpy sales person, it’s a family member aggravating you, traffic is backed up, your flight is delayed, or your spouse is taking too long. Don’t go the next 20 years allowing the same people and the same circumstances to frustrate you. Change your approach. What’s upsetting you now doesn’t have to upset you anymore. You can choose to keep your cool and stay calm and steady. Remember, a relaxed attitude is going to lengthen your life. The next time you’re tempted to be upset, ask yourself, “Is this really worth giving up my joy over?”

If you’ll make this decision not to give away your joy and live each day happy, God promises you’ll be strong; you’ll have more peaceful relationships, and you’ll accomplish more. He says a joyful heart is good medicine! Hold on to your joy and let it heal your heart so you can experience the blessings He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I will hold on to joy! I choose to live each day with peace and happiness. I choose to rely on Your strength and Your Word which guides my every step. I love You and thank You for directing me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds