Is every speed limit too low

07 Aug 2014 20:57 - 07 Aug 2014 20:58 #81 by Blondie

Rick wrote: This Karma thing would be a little better if everyone could see who gave or took karma from someone else. But still it is silly and worthless imo.

It is juvenile. I am at -4 but haven't posted for 2 weeks. On behalf of all accused gay firefighters, I object to the Karma ratings. According to the definition of Karma, it will come back and bite you in the butt. All I wanted was to be one of the cool kids. I lose, bring your own ball, I am going home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2014 07:17 - 08 Aug 2014 07:21 #82 by FredHayek

PrintSmith wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Some posters might try to be nicer to get higher karma or the reverse, see if they can break a record for negative karma.
Who is lowest now? And highest?

I think I hold the record for lowest at -13, folks don't like to hear that science, not man, decides when your life began I guess.

Venturer wrote: I always thought PrintSmith as being pretty logical and reasonable but recently his posts say not so much and his feedback reflects it.

I'm actually one who knows I've hit a nerve with my logic and reason when I start getting "smites". When I get an emotional reaction in response to a logical argument I know I'm on target with the message.

PS, you must be slipping. Now you are down to -8. :flag: Can't let the useful idiots win.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Aug 2014 06:33 #83 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Is every speed limit too low

Photo-fish wrote: I just bumped you up one Mtn Gramma. :P

I bumped Paca and MG up many times too, its a losing battle. Somebody has lots of time to play games on here. Silly really.

SC, if you keep the Karma just make it for + positive only. Or take away the anonymity of it.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 Aug 2014 09:43 #84 by ScienceChic
I'll be talking to my web developer on Monday about it. Thank you for your comments.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Aug 2014 10:10 #85 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Is every speed limit too low
Karma is a two-way street. We should remember this.

09 Aug 2014 14:46 #86 by HEARTLESS
Saw a car crumpled on a utility pole this morning on CR 65 on way to IDPA match around 8 AM. No matter how much faster, better driving and stopping they make automobiles, the distracted driver is always the weak link. Reaction time for distracted driver is measured in damage done, not time.

The silent majority will be silent no more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swansei

10 Aug 2014 17:40 - 10 Aug 2014 17:40 #87 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Is every speed limit too low
I vote for a Shaffer's crossing thread or Lane merge etiquette or Morrison Speed trap thread #99 next. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Aug 2014 18:05 #88 by pacamom

LOL wrote:

I bumped Paca and MG up many times too, its a losing battle. Somebody has lots of time to play games on here. Silly really.

SC, if you keep the Karma just make it for + positive only. Or take away the anonymity of it.

You're slackin. I post 4 times. One question, 2 offers of help, and a comment about a short summer. And my Karma drops another negative.

Yeah, it's working just fine. Good Luck SC. I wish you the best with your new format.

10 Aug 2014 19:41 #89 by ScienceChic
As I said yesterday, and Monday hasn't arrived yet:

ScienceChic wrote: I'll be talking to my web developer on Monday about it. Thank you for your comments.

I'm sorry, but not everyone works through the weekend like I do. And sometimes life happens, like deaths in the family. Please be patient. Thank you.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Aug 2014 15:58 #90 by swansei
I am guessing here, but perhaps it is previous rather than current posts someone is reading that is affecting karma even though you haven't been here? I don't read everything so I really don't know. Next time I come I will try to remember to give a + since it means so much to you.

pacamom wrote:

LOL wrote:

You're slackin. I post 4 times. One question, 2 offers of help, and a comment about a short summer. And my Karma drops another negative.

Yeah, it's working just fine. Good Luck SC. I wish you the best with your new format.

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds