nics

28 May 2010 12:20 #51 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic nics
One of things I don't like about nics has come up in relation to Facebook. Some one has sent me a friend request on FB. As you know, on FB you use your real name. Now I really like like this concept, knowing who your friends are and who you are talking to and who is talking to you, etc. The problem is that I don't friend anyone that I don't know either virtually or digitally. The person who wants to friend me, I'm pretty sure is on 285Bound or Pinecam, but by using their real name I have no idea who they are. I have friended people from our 2 sites becaues I recognize their nics or otherwise know them in the real world but that is not so in this case. So if someone sent me a friend request please PM me and let me know your nic so I'll know who you are. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2010 12:24 #52 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic nics
Good point, Eddie... I only know a few 285bound/pinecammers by their 'real' names.

28 May 2010 12:27 #53 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic nics
I don't use my real name on FB.
But my kids do, so...

28 May 2010 12:40 #54 by PhoneGeek
Replied by PhoneGeek on topic nics
My nic on PC was soccermom, hence I spent most of my free time at my daughters soccer games. I decided to change my nic because she only has 1 more year of soccer in HS/Club and I thought I may not be a soccermom anymore. :crying: :(: I'm hoping she will play in college. :crossed:

So time for a new start, I thought about my sons sports but there is too many to choose from and in 3 years I'd need a new nic. So I decided on my work career of 24 years, as a telecommunications engineer, hence phonegeek :biggrin: :wave:

28 May 2010 14:24 #55 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic nics
Mine is also self descriptive. A "smith" is a craftsman of one sort or another in a manual labor field. My entire adult life has been spent in the printing industry, and I have always taken pride in the work that I have produced whether it was when I was the photographer for the Canyon Courier while attending EHS, running a printing press, or as a sales rep for a printing company. Smith also happens to be my surname. I also happen to love to read printed materials above reading text on a computer screen, though I admit I enjoy the quick reference capabilities that the computer age has brought us.

28 May 2010 15:21 #56 by Blondie
Replied by Blondie on topic nics

RivendaleFarms wrote:

Blondie wrote: I am not telling

Ooooh! I love this game!
Is your text color a hint? If so, does that mean you're a morning person?

Nope, I dont get up early, and I am not very cheery in the morning

28 May 2010 15:51 #57 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic nics
Do we get another hint?

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

28 May 2010 15:59 #58 by Residenttroll returns
Replied by Residenttroll returns on topic nics
Why Residenttroll?

In 2004, while posting on Pineslime, several of the libs tried to marginalize my support for President Bush. Every other post from liberal was name calling...particular "troll." So to irritate the libs, I became RT. In the fall 2008, the PMS put me on a 30 day suspension for telling Lady Jazzer, after one of her daily rants about Bush, to ride out of dodge on the donkey that she rode in on.....it's been almost two years. Wow, I actually wrote Lady Jazzer...next I will be offering her a rose. Hey Lady Jazzer where's your daily rants about Obama's oil..and why he's not plugging the hole.

28 May 2010 16:07 #59 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic nics
Call yourself anything ( obviously) but you don't need the "troll" part here

28 May 2010 16:11 #60 by Residenttroll returns
Replied by Residenttroll returns on topic nics

JMC wrote: Call yourself anything ( obviously) but you don't need the "troll" part here

Thanks JMC :wave:

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds