nics

20 May 2010 17:30 #1 by JMC
nics was created by JMC
curious, I changed my nic on this site. I'm not sure why but I see old buds that kept the same nic and others that also changed. Would like to understand this better.
Input appreciated
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2010 19:24 #2 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic nics
Why did you change yours? Maybe the reason why will help you to understand better. I didn't change mine. I want people to know who I am. Besides I use this nick or some form of it everywhere. (except on FB)

20 May 2010 19:58 #3 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic nics
I guess a fresh start, but not really sure. Just was wondering how people felt about the name issue

20 May 2010 21:27 #4 by CC
Replied by CC on topic nics
I kept mine for the same reasons pacamom stated. I don't mind people knowing who I am. :)

20 May 2010 22:01 #5 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic nics
I changed mine slightly to reflect the love of my life. Plus, it felt good to transition a bit from the handle that I had on Pinecam, and some negative experiences there, to the much happier place I am now. :Grin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

20 May 2010 22:06 - 21 May 2010 02:40 #6 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic nics
I've kept mine. It was a gift from my youngest son and I think it describes me well. Then again, perhaps i should change it to something like Sunshine'n Rock. Just think of the avatar selection I'd have not to mention my confirmation of my relationship. :biggrin:

20 May 2010 22:45 #7 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic nics
I know a few other names that people use to descibe me but this one is the only one suitable for this site. :biggrin:

Plus I am proud of my reputation on the other site. And I carry it with me. Not everyone liked me but I stood for what I believed in and still do.

21 May 2010 02:28 #8 by Rockdoc
That you do. You've a great deal of integrity and from what I have seen a huge heart that takes on the fight for those unjustly persecuted.

Using your same nic gives continuity. Some desire this others prefer a fresh beginning. Still others seem to want their nic to reflect something about them. Whatever your nic inspiration it is the only thing that is important.

21 May 2010 04:58 #9 by Robynabc
Replied by Robynabc on topic nics
Some people may want the 'fresh start' or maybe they just don't want to be identified from other places. My nic comes from the Neil Young song. "I want to live with the Cinnamon Girl" Uh, and I think that was about a hooker, but that was not why I picked it. LOL. I love Cinnamon.

As far as the reason. Some people try to use the same name across many boards and some use something anonymous. When you talk about Facebook Vs. forums. That is why some people like forums. Some people post more than others. In my view there is nothing wrong with that. Yes, the anonymity makes people do and say things they might not otherwise but that is okay. Still others like to be more open. It just depends on the person. Facebook people know you and there is a different vibe because of that.

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

21 May 2010 05:31 #10 by Rockdoc
Well said, Robynabc.

It's been an interesting time of discovery and understanding the past few hours inspired by your comment that we think too much. So I've learned my thinking does differ and some pigeon hole it as high cognitive thinker (HCT). Further research tells me I relate best to being a Creative Learner. With all that I've decided to change my avatar to reflect the thinker aspect of my personality whereas the nic remains to identify my expertise and training.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds