nics

21 May 2010 05:40 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic nics
You look very thoughtful. Avatars do reflect us, not necessarily in an obvious way. but the things we like or the way we see ourselves inside. And some of us are moody and change our avatars to reflect that mood often.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 May 2010 06:48 #12 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic nics
I changed mine here because when this site was just being set up, I needed a different name so I knew which site was telling me I had a thread to look at.

21 May 2010 07:11 #13 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic nics

Robynabc wrote: Some people may want the 'fresh start' or maybe they just don't want to be identified from other places. My nic comes from the Neil Young song. "I want to live with the Cinnamon Girl" Uh, and I think that was about a hooker, but that was not why I picked it. LOL. I love Cinnamon.

As far as the reason. Some people try to use the same name across many boards and some use something anonymous. When you talk about Facebook Vs. forums. That is why some people like forums. Some people post more than others. In my view there is nothing wrong with that. Yes, the anonymity makes people do and say things they might not otherwise but that is okay. Still others like to be more open. It just depends on the person. Facebook people know you and there is a different vibe because of that.

:huh: What does Robynabc have to do with Cinnamon Girl?

I really am a pacamom. (21 times) :Grin:

21 May 2010 07:21 #14 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic nics

pacamom wrote:

Robynabc wrote: Some people may want the 'fresh start' or maybe they just don't want to be identified from other places. My nic comes from the Neil Young song. "I want to live with the Cinnamon Girl" Uh, and I think that was about a hooker, but that was not why I picked it. LOL. I love Cinnamon.

As far as the reason. Some people try to use the same name across many boards and some use something anonymous. When you talk about Facebook Vs. forums. That is why some people like forums. Some people post more than others. In my view there is nothing wrong with that. Yes, the anonymity makes people do and say things they might not otherwise but that is okay. Still others like to be more open. It just depends on the person. Facebook people know you and there is a different vibe because of that.

:huh: What does Robynabc have to do with Cinnamon Girl?

I really am a pacamom. (21 times) :Grin:

Neither one are hookers? :Whistle

21 May 2010 08:22 #15 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic nics
I guess if we are telling the story behind our nicknames, I will chime in. I am 1/2 Nowegian and also part Sweedish and Danish. The 3 nations where the Vikings came from. Also, I was born in Minnesota and was raised a Viking fan my whole life. So it all kind of fit.

21 May 2010 08:36 #16 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic nics
kept mine, hmmmm I wonder what Grady really means?????

21 May 2010 09:14 #17 by Robynabc
Replied by Robynabc on topic nics
Ooops Robynabc is Cinnamongirl. I wanted to do both. Have my name from another site but slowly just switch over to Cinnamongirl because I like it better. I don't care if I am anonymous but I wanted people to know who I am. So, there you go. Maybe I can just make the switch now. I am Cinnamongirl. Goodbye Robynabc you were a good nic while you lasted. LOL

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

21 May 2010 09:19 #18 by CC
Replied by CC on topic nics
Don't feel bad Robyn
Some of us have had a series of Nics over the years. Some of mine....
Carpetgal
CG
bbhmrd
to name a few.

oooopps. I forgot mandycap

21 May 2010 09:47 #19 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic nics
Some of us have to check our driver's license to see who we are - couldn't keep up with multiple nics! lol

Besides, I've used this one in the area for many years, and have kind of gotten attached to it.

I don't think there is much anonymity to it, pretty easy to find out who I am ;-) {Did I miss the wink icon? How can I post without a wink icon? lol )

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

21 May 2010 09:47 #20 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic nics
Sorry Robynabc - I do like Cinnamon Girl tho

I've been other nics for a short time

Back in the days when somewhere else used to be fun....

stumblin dumplin (hey I think I am that right now...)
cosmiccowboy55 (I was an admin trying to prove a point)
llama something - cant remember it was from a disney movie (that was actually a great April Fools Prank)
PC peon (selfexplanatory)

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds