× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football

21 Aug 2014 09:57 #31 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Fantasy Football
Not so much change as just improvement. We made it to the playoffs, we just need to stop choking in the big games.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Aug 2014 10:31 #32 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Fantasy Football
Well, this is the "Fantasy" football thread! :P :whistle:

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

21 Aug 2014 11:21 #33 by ScienceChic
:nahnah:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Sep 2014 21:14 #34 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic Fantasy Football
Oh shoot, someone's gunning for me? I'm still the newbie at this thing...but tell him to bring it! :td:

Okay Mr. Commissioner, I have a question or request for your confirmation. If one uses the bot (think that is the term) to pick for them in tomorrow's draft, am I right to assume our specific league's point system will be factored into the picks?

I know a little bit more about all things fantasy football this year and thinking we use the "standard" vs. "PPR" rules; and I did find and look at our leagues point system. Apologies, I'm a pretty detail-oriented person (aka, dork).

Thanks in advance!

03 Sep 2014 05:42 #35 by RenegadeCJ
Ok all...don't forget the draft is tonight, Wednesday, at 7pm. If you aren't on, you can either let the computer draft for you, or you can set up an autopick strategy. It is fun to be on live if possible, since we can all chat. Try signing on before the draft time if possible, and try out the system. You can also do a "mock" draft online with random strangers to see how it all works.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

03 Sep 2014 05:43 - 03 Sep 2014 05:44 #36 by RenegadeCJ

freebird wrote: Oh shoot, someone's gunning for me? I'm still the newbie at this thing...but tell him to bring it! :td:

Okay Mr. Commissioner, I have a question or request for your confirmation. If one uses the bot (think that is the term) to pick for them in tomorrow's draft, am I right to assume our specific league's point system will be factored into the picks?

I know a little bit more about all things fantasy football this year and thinking we use the "standard" vs. "PPR" rules; and I did find and look at our leagues point system. Apologies, I'm a pretty detail-oriented person (aka, dork).

Thanks in advance!

Yes FB...it does use the league rules and point systems to rank the players. You should be good!

03 Sep 2014 16:56 #37 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Fantasy Football
I can see all the mock draft stuff but nothing for our draft nor do I see the option to enter the draft except the mock drafts.

Is this right or should we be able to see it?

03 Sep 2014 18:04 #38 by ScienceChic
It just popped up the message allowing you to enter the snake draft - click on the link on your team page!

04 Sep 2014 05:37 #39 by RenegadeCJ
Yeah! Draft is done. Time to have some fun!!

Good luck all!!

14 Sep 2014 09:38 #40 by ScienceChic
We're off to a good start!
Results From Week 1:
Team Renegade (1-0)atHappy Camper (0-1)101-80
Pine Nuts (1-0)atAngry freeBirds (0-1)104-79
Team Smith (0-1)atBeer Me (1-0)65-82
The Chicks (1-0)atBeer Hunter (0-1)100-85
Team Computer Breath (0-1)atTeam Hershey (1-0)85-98
Team Viking (1-0)atHutch's Avengers (0-1)73-65

Standings
West
1. Pine Nuts1-0W1
2. Team Renegade1-0W1
3. Beer Me1-0W1
4. Happy Camper0-1L1
5. Angry freeBirds0-1L1
6. Team Smith0-1L1
East
1. The Chicks1-0W1
2. Team Hershey1-0W1
3. Team Viking1-0W1
4. Beer Hunter0-1L1
5. Team Computer Breath0-1L1
6. Hutch's Avengers0-1L1

Week 2 Matchups:
Pine Nuts (1-0)atTeam Renegade (1-0)
Happy Camper (0-1)atTeam Smith (0-1)
Angry freeBirds (0-1)atBeer Me (1-0)
Team Computer Breath (0-1)atThe Chicks (1-0)
Beer Hunter (0-1)atTeam Viking (1-0)
Team Hershey (1-0)atHutch's Avengers (0-1)

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds