× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football

18 Sep 2014 19:22 #41 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic Fantasy Football
Okay, I have to review our leagues' point system, but might be suggesting a change for next year. Seems that if a RB also returns punts, if we don't give points for the returning yardage, we shouldn't ding the player for a fumble on the punt return. Ugh! :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Sep 2014 19:44 #42 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Fantasy Football
My team bites this year and I was so hoping for a light bulb, guess I will have to ask Santa for one.

01 Oct 2014 05:37 #43 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Fantasy Football

freebird wrote: Okay, I have to review our leagues' point system, but might be suggesting a change for next year. Seems that if a RB also returns punts, if we don't give points for the returning yardage, we shouldn't ding the player for a fumble on the punt return. Ugh! :unsure:

I think the reason you get dinged is because if they run it all the way back for a TD, you get the points. Just not the yardage.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

01 Oct 2014 05:38 #44 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Fantasy Football

HappyCamper wrote: My team bites this year and I was so hoping for a light bulb, guess I will have to ask Santa for one.

Always amazing to see how things shake out. I thought my team was decent. Not so much now after injuries and guys just not doing what I expected!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

01 Oct 2014 09:41 #45 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Fantasy Football
Yeah, well...injuries, child abuse, suspension, drug use...I'm keeping in mind the first word of this...FANTASY...

02 Oct 2014 06:19 #46 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic Fantasy Football
Ahhh, thanks. I'll be cheering him on for that run back for 6! I admit I didn't review the point system for Def/Special Teams this year before the start. At least I now know there is logic in the scoring. Thanks again.

02 Dec 2014 20:18 #47 by HappyCamper
Congrats to all that made the play-offs!!!!

Sadly it was not me so yet again I will have to ask Santa for a light bulb. :angry:

As I sit in my dark house (because I am energy conscious) I will be rooting for Beer Hunter to bring home the BULB!!!! :P

One suggestion I will make for next year is that we only have 14 draft rounds so that people like me do not hoard players and when there are “bye” weeks we might be able to pick a person that is worth a darn. :biggrin:

Good luck to those going forward, think of me if you are ever in the dark!! :happysnow:

03 Dec 2014 08:23 #48 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Fantasy Football
HappyCamper you were in a tough division; I wouldn't have made it to the playoffs if I was there. Great season everyone, thank you all for playing!

Here are the final standings:
WEST
TEAMWLT
Pine Nuts931
Angry freeBirds940
Beer Me850
Team Renegade670
Team Smith571
Happy Camper580

EAST
TEAMWLT
Beer Hunter850
The Chicks760
Team Boyd760
Hutch's Avengers571
Team Hershey580
Team Talbott2101

Playoff Bracket Round 1
#8 Team Smith
#1 Pine Nuts

#5 The Chicks
#4 Beer Me

and

#6 Team Viking
#3 Angry freeBirds

#7 Team Renegade
#2 Beer Hunter

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Dec 2014 16:29 #49 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Fantasy Football
Results from Week 1 of the Playoffs

Winner's Bracket
#5 The Chicks 124
#4 Beer Me 101

#8 Team Smith 84
#1 Pine Nuts 113

#6 Team Viking 101
#3 Angry freeBirds 92

#7 Team Renegade 58
#2 Beer Hunter 51

Consolation Ladder
#10 Happy Camper 59
#9 Hutch's Avengers 109

#12 Team Computer Breath 67
#11 Team Hershey 62

Matchups this week:
Winner's Bracket
#5 The Chicks vs. #1 Pine Nuts (PN)

#7 Team Renegade vs. #6 Team Viking

Winner's Consolation Ladder
#3 Angry freeBirds vs. #2 Beer Hunter

#8 Team Smith vs. #4 Beer Me

Consolation Ladder
#12 Team Computer Breath vs. #9 Hutch's Avengers

#11 Team Hershey vs. #10 Happy Camper

Good luck everyone!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Dec 2014 17:56 #50 by HappyCamper
So since Beer Hunter got knocked out looks like we will be spending a lot of time around this :fireplace: since we will not get any of these :xmaslights: or these :tinsel:

Good luck all

Guess what happens on Sunday?????

:snomansno: :happysnow: :snowflake: :snomansno: :happysnow: :snowflake:

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds