Some perspective on "immigration"?

02 Dec 2014 16:38 #141 by PrintSmith
From the constitution of the State of Colorado, the State in which I am a citizen:

Article II, Section 1 - All political power is vested in and derived from the people; all government, of right, originates from the people, is founded upon their will only, and is instituted solely for the good of the whole.

Article II, Section 2 - The people of this state have the sole and exclusive right of governing themselves, as a free, sovereign and independent state; and to alter and abolish their constitution and form of government whenever they may deem it necessary to their safety and happiness, provided, such change be not repugnant to the constitution of the United States.

Under our system of government it is the people, not the government, that is sovereign Z. That is what makes this Union unique in the world, what makes it exceptional compared to all others and why we are the only place in the world where people are literally dying to get into it rather than escape it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Dec 2014 16:46 #142 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Some perspective on "immigration"?

PrintSmith wrote: From the constitution of the State of Colorado, the State in which I am a citizen:

Article II, Section 1 - All political power is vested in and derived from the people; all government, of right, originates from the people, is founded upon their will only, and is instituted solely for the good of the whole.

Article II, Section 2 - The people of this state have the sole and exclusive right of governing themselves, as a free, sovereign and independent state; and to alter and abolish their constitution and form of government whenever they may deem it necessary to their safety and happiness, provided, such change be not repugnant to the constitution of the United States.

Under our system of government it is the people, not the government, that is sovereign Z. That is what makes this Union unique in the world, what makes it exceptional compared to all others and why we are the only place in the world where people are literally dying to get into it rather than escape it.

Would you welcome them in with open arms, then?

02 Dec 2014 16:57 #143 by ZHawke

PrintSmith wrote: From the constitution of the State of Colorado, the State in which I am a citizen:

So, you are not a U.S. Citizen? Just wondering.

02 Dec 2014 18:12 #144 by ZHawke
And, for the record:

PrintSmith wrote: What US citizenship actually is is a term of art. One is only ever a citizen of one of the 50 States and never all of them.

And:

PrintSmith wrote: You are now, have always been, and will forever be a citizen of one of the United States, not all of them. That is simply a matter of fact

03 Dec 2014 09:30 #145 by PrintSmith

ZHawke wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: Under our system of government it is the people, not the government, that is sovereign Z. That is what makes this Union unique in the world, what makes it exceptional compared to all others and why we are the only place in the world where people are literally dying to get into it rather than escape it.

Would you welcome them in with open arms, then?

Addressed this point earlier in the thread when you were pouting and ignoring me. It is not economically feasible to have both a generous welfare state and a generous naturalization policy.

03 Dec 2014 09:31 #146 by PrintSmith

ZHawke wrote: And, for the record:

PrintSmith wrote: What US citizenship actually is is a term of art. One is only ever a citizen of one of the 50 States and never all of them.

And:

PrintSmith wrote: You are now, have always been, and will forever be a citizen of one of the United States, not all of them. That is simply a matter of fact

Truer words were never spoken by anyone . . .

03 Dec 2014 09:38 #147 by PrintSmith

ZHawke wrote:

So, you are not a U.S. Citizen? Just wondering.

I am a citizen of Colorado, one of the States that belong to the Union, which means where ever I may travel I am recognized by the federal government as a citizen who possesses all of the rights, privileges and immunities and with all the responsibilities that accompany being a citizen in the United States.

I am a citizen of Colorado in the United States, not a citizen of a United State.

03 Dec 2014 09:45 - 03 Dec 2014 09:49 #148 by ZHawke

PrintSmith wrote: Addressed this point earlier in the thread when you were pouting and ignoring me. It is not economically feasible to have both a generous welfare state and a generous naturalization policy.

Immature.

Edited to add: Regarding your last sentence, that's why immigration reform is so vitally necessary.

03 Dec 2014 09:47 #149 by ZHawke

PrintSmith wrote: I am a citizen of Colorado in the United States, not a citizen of a United State.

So, you are not a U.S. Citizen?

03 Dec 2014 09:51 #150 by PrintSmith

ZHawke wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: Addressed this point earlier in the thread when you were pouting and ignoring me. It is not economically feasible to have both a generous welfare state and a generous naturalization policy.

Immature.

I agree, ignoring someone is totally immature.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds