Oddly silent

15 Dec 2014 16:05 #31 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Oddly silent
He's no longer Vice President, and even if he were, yes I'd like to see some of our representatives have some balls and do what's right. Do I actually expect any action? No, sadly not; I used the word "should" very deliberately there. As you said, SSDD.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2014 16:10 #32 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Oddly silent
www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/isis-beheads-christian-children .
And I'll save the Libs some work and tell you Snopes can't verify this, but the pictures are probably from children running with scissors. Argue to the extent of stupidity, but we can't do enough with water boarding, etc. to even come close to beheading children under 15 years old for not converting to the perverted Islamic BS.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

15 Dec 2014 16:12 #33 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Oddly silent
I've given the "minority view" document a preliminary scan and didn't see anything jump out at me that would change my mind. It's interesting the only mention I saw at all of an explanation of "torture" appeared in the last two pages of a 159 page document. The remainder of the document seemed to focus more on the "analytical methodology flaws" of the Committee report that was published rather than on whether Enhanced Interrogation Techniques constituted actual torture or not. It seemed to me this document was prepared and submitted more in defense of the CIA than whether detainees were subjected to torture. To me, that's simply not good enough.

www.intelligence.senate.gov/study2014/minority-views.pdf

15 Dec 2014 16:25 #34 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Oddly silent
I will REpost this tidbit...."Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins...NON fiction account of the American government cheating countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars...their tools including rigged elections,payoffs,extortion,sex,murder,fraudulent financial reports...activities that have been going on since WW11. SSDD only NOW....there was retribution (9/1/11)....and the wheel goes round and round....SSDD...torture takes MANY forms...just something to ponder.

15 Dec 2014 16:53 #35 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Oddly silent
WII ? Try since the beginning of recorded history. Are you agreeing with Ward Churchill in that we had it coming?

homeagain wrote: I will REpost this tidbit...."Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins...NON fiction account of the American government cheating countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars...their tools including rigged elections,payoffs,extortion,sex,murder,fraudulent financial reports...activities that have been going on since WW11. SSDD only NOW....there was retribution (9/1/11)....and the wheel goes round and round....SSDD...torture takes MANY forms...just something to ponder.

15 Dec 2014 16:57 #36 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Oddly silent
No, I AM saying that hypocrisy is alive and well...the word INTEGRITY is dead,however.

15 Dec 2014 17:02 #37 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Oddly silent

homeagain wrote: No, I AM saying that hypocrisy is alive and well...the word INTEGRITY is dead,however.

It is not dead, it's just missing from the souls of most politicians and bureaucrats.

15 Dec 2014 18:57 #38 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Oddly silent
Thank you for the links, ZHawke. I have made it only part way through the minority report so far, and the only thing it has made clear is that the so called "Senate Report" is definitely not a bipartisan report.

Strange that the MSM doesn't make that clear, isn't it? :whistle: :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

15 Dec 2014 19:27 #39 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Oddly silent

jf1acai wrote: Thank you for the links, ZHawke. I have made it only part way through the minority report so far, and the only thing it has made clear is that the so called "Senate Report" is definitely not a bipartisan report.

Strange that the MSM doesn't make that clear, isn't it? :whistle: :)

You're welcome, jf1acai. And, you're right about making something clear (not a bi-partisan report). It's a little more interesting to me, however, the things left unsaid, as well, in the minority views document. Or that the minority view document didn't even appear to address (unless I missed something).

From my perspective, both the committee report and the minority view documents had flaws, both in their lack of bi-partisanship and in their individual approaches to the issue of torture in general.

15 Dec 2014 20:52 #40 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Oddly silent
Megyn Kelley just interviewed James Mitchell, one of the guys who did the interrogating. It was a great interview because for the first time, we get to hear from the accused and get his side, what a concept. The interesting thing is, I just went to Youtube, found the videos (3 parts I think), but they are all just static. Not sure it means anything, just thought it curious.

Anyway, the perspective of the accused may be helpful in this thread. I'm sure he's just a liar though...

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds