Oddly silent

14 Dec 2014 16:12 #1 by ZHawke
Oddly silent was created by ZHawke
No one. Not anybody. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Silence. Not even a peep.

Where's the thread from conservatives on the Senate CIA Torture Report?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2014 18:21 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Oddly silent
1) Most Americans support torture. 2) After 9/11, the government was very concerned that the WTC bombing was just the start of a series of massive attacks on the American homeland and responded to the best of their ability. 3) The Dems in the Senate knew this info years ago so I find the timing of the release of the report very suspicious. 4) So you support this Monday Morning Quarterbacking?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Dec 2014 18:25 #3 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Oddly silent

FredHayek wrote: 1) Most Americans support torture. 2) After 9/11, the government was very concerned that the WTC bombing was just the start of a series of massive attacks on the American homeland and responded to the best of their ability. 3) The Dems in the Senate knew this info years ago so I find the timing of the release of the report very suspicious. 4) So you support this Monday Morning Quarterbacking?

More importantly, from my perspective, do you support torture?

14 Dec 2014 18:51 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Oddly silent
Torture should be rare but shouldn't be ruled out as a weapon of war.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Dec 2014 18:52 #5 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Oddly silent
Personally, I don't believe they used torture. Forcing people to jump out of burning multi-story buildings is torture, blowing smoke in someones face is not torture.

Further, for the b*st*rds that behead captives and want to kill any American they can, I don't think any treatment is too extreme.

I also don't believe that blowing people up from a drone is any more humane than the treatment these captives got at Gitmo.

This report is just another example of liberal hypocrisy.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

14 Dec 2014 18:57 #6 by ZHawke

FredHayek wrote: Torture should be rare but shouldn't be ruled out as a weapon of war.

How, then, do you rationalize the trial and execution of Japanese soldiers executed for "torture" following WWII? Especially since one of the "crimes" they were convicted of and executed by hanging for included waterboarding?

14 Dec 2014 18:58 #7 by ZHawke

jf1acai wrote: Personally, I don't believe they used torture. Forcing people to jump out of burning multi-story buildings is torture, blowing smoke in someones face is not torture.

Further, for the b*st*rds that behead captives and want to kill any American they can, I don't think any treatment is too extreme.

I also don't believe that blowing people up from a drone is any more humane than the treatment these captives got at Gitmo.

This report is just another example of liberal hypocrisy.

Glad that's a personal opinion. Reality, however, doesn't necessarily support that opinion.

14 Dec 2014 19:14 #8 by jf1acai

ZHawke wrote: Reality, however, doesn't necessarily support that opinion.

In general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable, i.e. can be objectively proven to have occurred. An example is: "America was involved in the Vietnam War" versus "America was right to get involved in the Vietnam War". An opinion may be supported by facts, in which case it becomes an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. It can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analyzing the supporting arguments.[1] In casual use, the term opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. It may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact.

- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

IMO, my opinion is every bit as valid as your opinion is ;)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

14 Dec 2014 19:38 #9 by ZHawke

jf1acai wrote: IMO, my opinion is every bit as valid as your opinion is ;)

Never said it wasn't. What I was referring to, however, was reality and whether or not that reality actually supports your opinion. It would appear that is not the case in this situation.

14 Dec 2014 19:53 #10 by jf1acai

ZHawke wrote: It would appear that is not the case in this situation.

In your opinion. Our opinions clearly differ.

Out of curiosity, what part of my expressed opinion does not agree with your perceived reality?

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds