Friday, July 29, 2022, 03:00pm - 04:30pm
Hits : 33728
What to Expect:
- When you arrive, expect to be greeted by one of our volunteers who will provide you with instructions. You will remain in your car until your pet is ready to be seen. You will be given a clipboard with paperwork for each pet and the paperwork will be marked with your number. Your number is assigned based on arrival and you will be directed to move your vehicle as you progress through the line.
- Current vaccination records for your pet(s) are not required, but is helpful to ensure the pet receives the correct vaccinations. A three year rabies vaccine can only be provided with proof of current vaccination history. If the rabies has expired by more than 6 months then we cannot provide a three year vaccination certificate.
- If my pet is sick will you see it? The clinic is reserved for healthy animals receiving vaccinations. Please do not bring your pet for vaccines if sick.
How long is the expected wait time?
- The average wait is one hour.
Is it better to come early or late to the clinic?
- If you arrive early, you will have a better idea how busy the clinic is and how long you will wait.
- If you arrive later, you do risk being at the back of a long line. If you do arrive later on a slow day, you have the possibility of missing the early rush.
- Rest assured that as long as you arrive before closing, we will see you and vaccinate your pet. We will not send you away.
- You do not need to be a resident of Jefferson County nor do you need to provide any income or identification to receive vaccinations.
- We accept credit cards (Discover,Visa, Master Card) and cash. Sorry we are unable to accept checks.
- Although rare, allergic reaction to vaccines can occur.
- Vaccine reactions may be seen within a few minutes to several hours after vaccination.
- It is important for you to watch your animal and keep them quiet for 24 hours after receiving vaccinations.
- If you see ANY of the following signs, contact your closest Veterinarian immediately:
- Facial swelling
- Hives (raised red bumps)
- Lethargy, listless or acting depressed
GOOD TO KNOW: We will have a limited supply of pet food available, free-of-charge, at our weekly clinics. Food will be setup outside for you to take.
- Rabies: $20
- Distemper/Panleukopenia (FVRCP): $20
- Microchip: $35
- Licenses: $20 *Optional for cats within Jefferson County. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required when renewing your license.
- Please make sure your cat is in a secure carrier. Your cat will remain in the carrier and staff will remove your cat from your vehicle and bring it into the building. You will remain in your car. We will then vaccinate your cat and return it and your paperwork to you in your car.
- Rabies: $20
- Distemper/Parvo ((DA2PPV): $20
- Bordetella: $20
- Microchip: $35
- Licenses: $20 *Please note, licenses are required for all dogs 4 months and older within Jefferson County. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required when renewing your license.
- Please make sure your dog is on a leash. You will accompany your dog into the Community Room where staff will vaccinate your dog and provide you with your paperwork.
Check the calendar for scheduling changes: http://foothillsanimalshelter.org/services/pet-services/vaccines/vaccinations/
Location Foothills Animal Shelter, 580 McIntyre St. Golden, CO 80401