My Mountain Town Terms of Service - Updated January 2018
1. Posts are moderated for personal identifiable information, spam, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. The point is to have fun but keep the forum safe. We do our best to keep the Site safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We require that:
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access My Mountain Town, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on the Site.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use My Mountain Town to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of My Mountain Town, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other My Mountain Town functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
We encourage you to help us keep spam off the site by reporting posts to administrators.
2. Please be aware that we may censor certain words ourselves. Pictures containing censored words may be edited also.
3. Some posts may be merged into another topics or moved to another part of the site by moderators if they are identical/similar topics, or go too far off topic, in order to keep site content organized. Duplicate posts may be removed by moderators.
4. This Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked website on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
5. For newsletters, web pages, news articles, blog posts or other copyrighted content to be inserted into posts: Fair Use Doctrine allows for copying of a minimal portion of text needed to get your point across, unless otherwise stated by the source - a reader should have to click through to read the rest to understand. Users are entirely responsible for their own posts, not My Mountain Town. Posting a link to the content/source is required per Copyright Law. http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, you may send our Site a counter-notice. All notices with respect to our website should be sent to the our Site Copyright Agent. We suggests that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. You expressly acknowledge and agree that our Site shall not be liable to you under any circumstances for declining to replace material. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
6. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless our Site from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that one of your Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Service. Remember when posting you are responsible for any comments made on this Site by you. A good rule of thumb is to never post anything on the Site that you would not want to be read in a newspaper as once it's on the internet it's out there.
7. We do not allow 'review my site' type posts as those are considered spam.
8. You own all of the content and information you post on My Mountain Town or our associated social media accounts, including photos or video. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with My Mountain Town (IP License). When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people not on My Mountain Town, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your username and profile picture).
Other than submissions you provide to our Site, all content, images and other materials in any form are protected by copyrights, trade or service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and are owned by or licensed to our website, subject to intellectual property rights under United States and international laws and conventions. You understand and agree that all our website Content is provided to you solely on an AS IS basis for your personal use only and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed or otherwise used or exploited for any purpose and in any manner without the prior written consent of our website or the respective owners. Our Site reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
You shall abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services, and shall not use, copy reproduce, modify translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purposes whatsoever any Content or other proprietary rights not owned by you, (i) without the express prior written consent of the respective owners, and (ii) in any way that violates any third party right. The Services are protected by copyright as collective works and/or compilations, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided in this Agreement), create derivative works based on, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, software, materials, or Services in whole or in part.
10. Offensive or sexual avatars and signatures may be removed or edited. Signatures with quotes from other members can be considered harassment and are subject to removal.
We reserve the right to edit and delete any content, and restrict the posting privileges of any members, including banning members that may be disruptive to the Site and harassing to our members, and to change the TOS as needed. My Mountain Town is available to businesses and individuals in the Rocky Mountain Region of Colorado.
The privacy of our members and visitors to My Mountain Town is very important to us.
Registration is not necessary for the public to use this Site. However, members must register in order to gain access to the "members only" portion of the Site and to participate in the Site.
Please remember that any information that is disclosed on a public Site becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information on any website.
Private Messages - Your private messages are kept secure in our database. Owners, admins, moderators, and staff do NOT view or share your private message data.
Your information - Any information you provide is used to fulfill a specific request of creating an user account on My Mountain Town and will only be used for that purpose. By registering, you are granting permission to Science Sense LLC, DBA My Mountain Town to add it to our email newsletters & emergency notifications database; however, you may opt out at any time. Your information is kept private and will never be sold to any third parties.