Our August beginner ride will be held at Green Mountain - Rooney Road Trailhead.
We will meet at and ride from the Rooney Road Trailhead. The day will start with a brief skills demonstration, leading into a ride catered to beginner MTB riders on skill appropriate trails. We will end the day with a BBQ hosted by Bike Source.
NOTE - Please put "COMBA May Beginner Ride" in the comments during checkout so they know to bring your bike to the ride. You will be asked for a credit card to reserve the bike but YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED. Demo bikes for our events are provided by Bike Source at no charge.
The ride will last for 60 - 90 minutes, weather and group energy permitting.
Here is the schedule for the event:
- 8:45am - 9:00am - Rider arrival
- 9:00am – 9:30m – Rider Check in and Demo bike pickup (Cottontail Picnic Area)
- 9:30am – 10:00am - Riders meeting and skills discussion
- 10:00am - 11:30am - We RIDE!!!
- 11:30am - 1:00pm - BBQ and Socializing
Items to bring with you.
- Mountain bike in working order
- Hydration pack or water bottle. NOTE - Green Mountain has no shade and can be hot if the sun is out.
- Close toed shoes
We look forward to seeing you!!