Colorado Gives Day December 6, 2022 - Give Where You Live in the Mountains

06 Nov 2022 18:15 - 18 Nov 2022 02:33 #1 by Mountain-News-Events

Our mountain area nonprofit coalition is once again asking for your support on Colorado Gives Day, happening on December 6th this year. It's a day to donate to your favorite causes and provide them the opportunity to become eligible for a portion of the incentive fund from Community First Foundation and FirstBank. Find the mountain area coalition donation pages below and more at the www.coloradogives.org/ website. Thank you!

Join in on Colorado's statewide movement! On the first Tuesday of December since 2010, Coloradans have come together to support the nonprofits that make a difference in our lives. Colorado Gives Day has grown to be Colorado's largest 24-hour giving event, raising more than $362 million for nonprofits across the state since it began. ColoradoGives.org is home to Colorado Gives Day, and your one-stop shop for making good happen for our community.

Community First Foundation, FirstBank and other community partners from across the state want to make your support of Colorado nonprofits go even further. Every donation made from November 1 through December 6 on ColoradoGives.org counts towards Colorado Gives Day and gets a boost from the $1.4 Million+ Incentive Fund!

The 2022 Give Where You Live in the Mountains Coalition members:
  1. Blue Spruce Habitat for Humanity
  2. Bootstraps, Inc
  3. Center for the Arts Evergreen
  4. Elk Run Assisted Living
  5. Evergreen Animal Protective League (EAPL)
  6. Evergreen Audubon
  7. Evergreen Chamber Orchestra
  8. Evergreen Children's Chorale
  9. Evergreen Christian Outreach (EChO)
  10. Evergreen Players
  11. Evergreen Rotary Foundation
  12. Evergreen Sustainability Alliance
  13. Life's Options Pregnancy Center
  14. Mountain Area Land Trust
  15. Mountain Resource Center
  16. Mountain Foothills Rotary Foundation
  17. Mountain Youth Musicals
  18. Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice
  19. Ovation West Performing Arts
  20. Resilience1220 Inc.
  21. Sculpture Evergreen
  22. StageDoor Theatre
  23. The Venue Theatre Company

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Nov 2022 14:47 #2 by MountEvansHomeHealthCareandHospice

"When we moved to Pine Junction, my husband, Edward, had been diagnosed with brain cancer. Within days, Suzanne came over from Mount Evans to start his physical therapy. Because I suffer from macular degeneration, a Mount Evans volunteer, Liz, began coming every week to read to us.

When Ed reached the point where he needed hospice care, two nurses came regularly to make sure he was comfortable, and when he died, his nursing assistant, Brenda, arranged everything. I felt so ‘looked after’! Even though Ed is gone, I haven’t ended my relationship with Mount Evans. They took wonderful care of me after I underwent hip-replacement surgery years after we started with Mount Evans, Liz still comes by every week to read to me." - Margaret C.

"I consider Mount Evans my extended family. The wonderful and caring staff has been with me through three deaths over the years. My first husband, died in 1995 of cancer, loved and supported by the Mount Evans nurses who had worked with him over the years in the medical field. After his death, I began volunteering at Mount Evans and found my niche on the bereavement team. I’ve enjoyed being a part of the angel making, making decorations for the yearly fundraiser, and numerous other jobs.

When I lost my son to a stroke and my second husband who passed from with complications from Parkinson’s disease, the speech therapist, nurse, social worker and CNA were skilled caregivers to my loved ones at the end of their lives. The compassion shown to me and my children helped us beyond measure. I shall always support this great organization and am forever grateful and thankful for the role that Mount Evans has played in our mountain community and in my life." - Sue H.

These are just two testimonials from countless individuals whom we've been able to support, and who have helped us in return, over the years. You can find more, plus videos, on our Colorado Gives donation page. We hope that you too will consider supporting us with any size donation that is comfortable for you so that we may continue to serve those in need in our mountain community. Thank you!

Mission
Mount Evans Home Health Care and Hospice supports the mountain community by providing compassionate and experienced care during challenging times. Through our three primary program areas (palliative care, hospice and home health care,) we deliver life enhancing supportive care to individuals and their care-giving family members. We serve people of all ages; 94% of those we serve are ages 50 and older, and approximately 75% are over the age of 65. Mount Evans' service area includes: Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson and Park Counties. We provide valuable services to community members during challenging times in their lives and improve quality of life.
www.coloradogives.org/organization/mtevans

mtevans.org/
Celebrating 40 Years of Caring for the Mountain Community!

Contact Betsy Hays, Director of Resource Development
(303) 674-6400

23 Nov 2022 16:47 #3 by CenterForTheArtsEvergreen
Thank you to those who have already donated - we're off to an AMAZING start!! There's no need to schedule your Colorado Gives Day donation this year as all gifts made between now and Dec. 6 count toward our total piece of the $1.6M Incentive Fund pie. Help us keep bringing the community together through the arts in 2023 by contributing today at www.coloradogives.org/organization/evergreenarts

evergreenarts.org/

31880 Rocky Village Dr, Evergreen CO 80439
303-674-0056
Open Monday-Friday 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Saturday 12 - 5 P.M.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Attachments:

26 Nov 2022 11:29 #4 by TheVenueTheatre
Adele, a 6th Grader at The Venue Theatre, said this about her experience this year-
“The Venue is extremely important to me. It’s exciting to perform on stage with a group of people who support you. It’s really easy to make friends because everyone is so nice. Each time you do a new play, it’s like entering a new world where you can be anybody. Also, it’s really helpful to have a place were you feel like you belong when you’re in middle school, because middle school is super stressful, and the Venue helps make your day a whole lot more fun and overall just makes you happy!”

Every penny helps us to continue to support these amazing kids! Please consider donating this holiday season!

Donate Here to support students like Adele
Attachments:

28 Nov 2022 16:29 #5 by BootstrapsInc
Colorado Gives Day is a statewide movement that started in 2010. Colorado Gives Day has grown to be Colorado's largest 24-hour giving event, raising more than $362 million for nonprofits across the state since it began. ColoradoGives.org is home to Colorado Gives Day, and your one-stop shop for making good happen for our community.

Bootstraps has been a part of this wonderful opportunity since 2011. You have helped us raise almost $400,000 on that one day every year! Thank YOU for giving us the means to help mountain-area students pursue their educational dreams.

PLEASE help us continue to assist students like the ones above to make their dreams of continuing education a reality. www.coloradogives.org/organization/bootstraps-co

What You Accomplished in 2022

86 Scholarships and Interest-free Loans were awarded to 55 new and continuing students.

$245,375 awarded to local students pursuing their dreams of continuing education.

Hundreds of thousands of $$$ in student loan debt avoided making it easier for recent graduates to save for the future!

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
  • We've expanded to serve all four of the area high schools - Conifer, Clear Creek, Evergreen, and Platte Canyon!
  • We began a program to assist students pursuing career and technical education in our service area!
  • We're bringing career experts into the high schools to tell students about the opportunities available to them post-high school!
None of it would have happened without your financial support!
Thank you for your support!

Since 1945, Bootstraps has awarded more than $3.1 million in scholarships and interest-free loans to over 1,100 students!

Click here to Donate

www.bootstrapsinc.org/
Facebook
Attachments:

29 Nov 2022 17:31 #6 by MyMountainTown
Today is Giving Tuesday. Following Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday, it's meant to remind us to give back to those organizations who exist to help those in need in our community. Our mountain area nonprofits often fill the roles that government would, but that we are missing with being an unincorporated area.

Colorado Gives Day is the perfect opportunity to donate as it gives our local nonprofits the added bonus of qualifying for a portion the $1.6 million incentive fund, thereby increasing the impact of your gift. Please click any of the links in the first post in the topic to learn more about the organizations in the mountain coalition and to submit your generous donation now through December 6th. Thank you!

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
Attachments:

02 Dec 2022 17:21 #7 by StageDoorTheatre
How Does StageDoor Benefit from Your Colorado Gives Day Donation?

Every dollar you donate supports our full range of programs...from our K-12 Education and Performance Programs, through our Adult Productions, to music, dance, and community events. StageDoor is Your Mountain Home for the Performing Arts. Your donation makes a huge difference to hundreds of students, countless adults and volunteers, and patrons throughout our mountain community.

If everyone contributes just $10, we could have our best Colorado Gives ever! Or, many of us prefer to give monthly...your $5 or $10 per month goes to support all of our programs (including Spongebob), and it's really easy to give.

Just click on this link:
www.coloradogives.org/organization/StageDoorTheatre

​THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATION!!

From Nate, 8th grade student at StageDoor Theatre:
“I have learned many things from theatre, such as dancing, tapping, and singing. For me, theatre also brings deeper meaning. It’s a bonding experience and a very safe place for everybody. You can be yourself here”.

Please support StageDoor as a place for kids to learn, grow, and be themselves.

For over 25 years, StageDoor Theatre has provided a theatrical home to this mountain community we call home.

Located at: Aspen Park Village, 25797 Conifer Rd, Conifer, CO 80433

www.StageDoorTheatre.org
Tel (303) 838-0809

06 Dec 2022 10:26 #8 by EvergreenChristianOutreach
Happy Colorado Gives Day!

Finding Hope
There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays

Pictured above, Client Advocate Susie, John with their brand new Christmas tree and Executive Director, Dale Flanders.

There's no place like home for the holidays and that is exactly where John and Maria will be spending their Christmas.. in their new home! We are excited to share that the happy couple was housed in Evergreen by way of EChO programs and the dedication of Client Advocate, Susie and Director of Program Services, Amy.

The holidays can be a time of cheer and fellowship but for some, it can be spent on a sidewalk, in a vehicle or even in situations not ideal for overall health. EChO may be the only place for some of our neighbors to find hope, community and safety. We are called to invest in people and this is why we work tirelessly to bless our clients, volunteers, donors and staff as often as we are able. Blessings come in many packages and for John and Maria, that's home and a shining beacon of hope found in a Christmas tree. A symbol, a small token but a large gesture of light not only literally but figuratively. Something we all can relate to. This Christmas, the greatest gift each of us could give to one another is the Christmas spirit. As we all remember the reason for the season we are in and what the holidays can bring to our lives, it's a great reminder to embody that spirit in hope, health and security. We aim to deliver that into as many homes as we can, whatever that may look like individually and as a whole. We hope this story has been a thank you to those who have championed our cause, an encouragement to invite others to join you and an investment toward better todays and brighter tomorrows. Merry Christmas to all.

Warmly,

Dale Flanders and the EChO Team

Make your donation count today!
Attachments:

06 Dec 2022 22:05 #9 by FredHayek

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds