I Dream of Jeannie or Bewitched

07 Jun 2010 20:23 #11 by LopingAlong
Jeannie always seemed kinda ditzy to me and Bewitched made me dream I could do magic! I stayed with Bewitched for the chore thing too!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2010 09:29 #12 by MellowYellow
:thumbsup: to both :biggrin: Too bad there's nothin' like these anymore - of course, they probably weren't "politically correct"!

08 Jun 2010 13:41 #13 by Sunshine Girl
I liked them both equally. I loved Samantha's spunky attitude (right now I wish I had her powers) and I loved Genie's sexy outfit (wish I had one of those and her body). Loved them both!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 Jun 2010 13:48 #14 by EddieWess
Mary Ann

08 Jun 2010 13:52 #15 by Sunshine Girl

EddieWess wrote: Mary Ann

She wasn't a choice silly. Ok, you take Mary Ann and I take the Professor.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

09 Jun 2010 13:30 #16 by EddieWess

Sunshine Girl wrote:

EddieWess wrote: Mary Ann

She wasn't a choice silly. Ok, you take Mary Ann and I take the Professor.

Alright. a double date.

09 Jun 2010 13:44 #17 by AspenValley
I thought both of these shows were an interesting sociological commentary on the times. When they came out, so had The Pill and married women were just starting to try out their wings with careers in the workplace. Both shows had a similar theme - the sexy woman also had powers her mere mortal husband didn't and he wasn't that pleased with it. At any rate, he didn't like her getting out of her "chores" of taking care of him and he didn't like her embarassing him in front of the neighbors.

My favorite character was neither Samantha or Jeannie, it was Endora, the much-maligned mother in law "witch" on the Bewitched show. I just loved the way she would roll her eyes and tell her daughter not to pay attention to that "stupid mortal" but to be proud of and use her powers to their fullest.

09 Jun 2010 14:35 #18 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic I Dream of Jeannie or Bewitched

AspenValley wrote: I thought both of these shows were an interesting sociological commentary on the times. When they came out, so had The Pill and married women were just starting to try out their wings with careers in the workplace. Both shows had a similar theme - the sexy woman also had powers her mere mortal husband didn't and he wasn't that pleased with it. At any rate, he didn't like her getting out of her "chores" of taking care of him and he didn't like her embarassing him in front of the neighbors.

My favorite character was neither Samantha or Jeannie, it was Endora, the much-maligned mother in law "witch" on the Bewitched show. I just loved the way she would roll her eyes and tell her daughter not to pay attention to that "stupid mortal" but to be proud of and use her powers to their fullest.

Got to agree with you on everything you said. I always liked Agnes Moorhead too, But don't forget the Paul Lynde character

09 Jun 2010 14:39 #19 by RivendaleFarms
Uncle Arthur!!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

09 Jun 2010 15:40 #20 by FredHayek
Dr. Bombay!
But I prefered Jeanie, cuter girl and astronauts are more interesting than ad agencies.
It was funny that Amanda Bellows could show her belly button but not Jeanie.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds